• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I’d think it’s pretty likely we get some SwSh news around the time of the anime announcement next week? Since that will involve Galar too
I hope we get something beforehand

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I wonder if full battle between Ash and Kukui will showcase a new Pokémon like Harrison and Blaziken in Johto League arc. The episode airs in September 29, shortly followed by the Galar anime announcement.

DSDark

Breeder
I wonder if full battle between Ash and Kukui will showcase a new Pokémon like Harrison and Blaziken in Johto League arc. The episode airs in September 29, shortly followed by the Galar anime announcement.

Kukui is commonly known to have lycanroc midday, which olivia used. So I could see them replacing lycanroc with a gen 8 pokemon

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Kukui is commonly known to have lycanroc midday, which olivia used. So I could see them replacing lycanroc with a gen 8 pokemon
The next episode's preview shows he owns a Lucario which wasn't present in any of his SM/USUM teams. I also doubt Alolan Ninetales fits to his Masked Royal persona, so hopefully we may have a little surprise.

I'd actually love a chit-chat between Ash and Kukui post-match about the Galarian Pokémon/Form Kukui has, which leads to Ash's new journey in Galar.

Last edited:

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Welp, looks like we’re getting nothing new today.

I don’t think we’ve had anything revealed Tuesday, so we can probably cancel that out. Perhaps a trailer on Wednesday, though?

DaijobuPlease

Has anyone talked about the Secret Pokemon Club Survey about the starter evolution reveal and how they are doing the marketing campaign? The survey was asking if they want to see the evo now or save it for a surprise in game. For me i think it would be interesting to get a starter not know what it will be or look like and be like dang I gotta love on this thing now or be like EWWW YOU ARE UGLY and have to live with it. With that being said building a team based off looks is important to some and a big important choice to choosing your starter.

janejane6178

Welp, looks like we’re getting nothing new today.

I don’t think we’ve had anything revealed Tuesday, so we can probably cancel that out. Perhaps a trailer on Wednesday, though?
What do u ma=
Has anyone talked about the Secret Pokemon Club Survey about the starter evolution reveal and how they are doing the marketing campaign? The survey was asking if they want to see the evo now or save it for a surprise in game. For me i think it would be interesting to get a starter not know what it will be or look like and be like dang I gotta love on this thing now or be like EWWW YOU ARE UGLY and have to live with it. With that being said building a team based off looks is important to some and a big important choice to choosing your starter.
What is Secret Pokemon Club? Is it an official poll by the Pokemon company?

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。

An evolution is necessary to contemplate our decision for choosing our starter. Granted, mid-evolutions are not always hinting the final ones (Torracat and Incineroar), but can indicate the characteristics/athletic appearance of Pokémon (Braixen, Quilladin and Brionne).

Thanks for sharing it. How was the response and what was the outcome?

What is Secret Pokemon Club? Is it an official poll by the Pokemon company?

Secret Club Pokémon is a special website exclusive to Japanese players pre-ordering Sword and Shield.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Just because it's not an offensive mon like feraligatir and charizard 2.0, doesn't make it useless.
I mean I agree that not every starter should be an offensive monster but trainer wise, Chikorita has it bad. Weak to five of Silver's Pokemon and only Whitney and Chuck are gym leaders that it is good at. Plus it doesn"t even get Leech Seed in its level up pool! At least Snivy has that.

Totodile is nice though since it gets Ice Fang to cover the Dratini line and fully evolves early. I hope none of the Galar starters suffer Chikorita's fate.

Last edited:

SpiritSkye

#ShieldGang
Thanks for sharing it. How was the response and what was the outcome?
I believe it’s still going, until the 20th (Japan time, of course). That’s what I read, at least. Last I saw the results were leaning towards showing now/before the games release by a large margin. Aero and RuffleRowlet have done videos, and probably others.

SurrealistSmeargle

What do u ma=
I think their assumptions are due to the fact that trailers typically drop at 2pm BST, and since no trailer appeared at that time, we could rule one out for today. They also think Tuesday is unlikely, since we've not had trailers/directs on a Tuesday before, whereas we have on other days of the week, with Mondays and Wednesdays tending to seem preferred.

janejane6178

I think their assumptions are due to the fact that trailers typically drop at 2pm BST, and since no trailer appeared at that time, we could rule one out for today. They also think Tuesday is unlikely, since we've not had trailers/directs on a Tuesday before, whereas we have on other days of the week, with Mondays and Wednesdays tending to seem preferred.
Oh IC thankyou <3

Ning

Just for the sake of speculating for what Pokémon could be coming back, I’m trying to see if there’s any types that are over or under represented of Pokémon that have been revealed so far by family with a few extra stipulations like not counting legendaries because I’m guessing extremely few if any make it

I.e. there are by my count, 25 fairy families in game and 12 fairy families have been revealed.

Not done yet but will have finished the math later today.

Fire is waaaaaay under represented in what they’ve revealed so far.

Ultra Beast Lover

I’m playing through HGSS now, and my god is Chikorita useless. Even if there’s one starter that doesn’t fare super well agains the Gyms, at least let them be useful against the E4/Champion/rivals.
Tell me about it, I played Crystal and wanted to use Chikorita because that was one of Ash's Pokemon and while I got through the flying gym easily enough the fight with ??? at the Burned Tower was near impossible. It didn't help that I didn't form an actual team of course but that battle went so badly that I never used another grass type starter. I'm sure the others are good but no way am I picking Chikorita again.