• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Marzbar

I think that this trailer will reveal more than just Sirfetch'd.
Based on what?
Every trailer in the last couple of months has revealed minimal details at best. 1-2 Pokémon at a time.

If I had a dollar for every time some naive person on here posted “I think this next trailer will show us the middle stage of the starters / the regional bug / the regional rodent / the box legendary typings” I would have at least $100 by now. I’m still waiting to see any of those things revealed.

Expect very, very little from this upcoming trailer. Worst case scenario you’ll be correct, best case scenario you’ll be wrong and pleasantly surprised.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Well, I do think that there could be more than just "Sirfetch'd".
Heck we don't even know if it is indeed Sirfetch'd. That's what we all just want to believe.

But anyway, they still haven't officially revealed Impidimp, or the typings of the Box Legends. Not a single Team Yell Admin has been introduced (assuming it has one).

Again, here's a breakdown of pre-release information for the month of SEPTEMBER back in previous games (trailers only, not counting Coro Coro).

LGPE Pre-release 2018
Sep 10 - Secret Techniques, Customization, Partner Power Special Moves, Celadon Game Corner changed into an arcade, Special Edition Pikachu/Eevee Switch
Sep 13 - [Nintendo Direct] S.S. Anne, Riding Rapidash/Dodrio
Sep 15 - Mew
Sep 19 - Pokemon GO connectivity, GO Park, Legendary Birds
Sep 25 - Meltan

USUM Pre-release 2017
Sep 13 - [Nintendo Direct] Necrozma Formes, UB-Burst, UB-Assembly
Sep 22 - Around 400 Pokemon in Alola Dex confirmed, Mantine Surf, Alola Photo Club, Mina's Trial, A-Marowak is now a Totem, New version-exclusive Pokemon

SM Pre-release 2016
Sep 01 - [Nintendo Direct] A-Rattata, Snorlium Z/Pulverizing Pancake
Sep 06 - UB-01, Type:Null, Jangmo-o, A-Raticate, Aether Foundation, Lusamine, Faba, Wicke, Gladion, Poke Finder
Sep 08 - Samson Oak
Sep 14 - UB-02 Absorption, UB-02 Expansion
Sep 20 - Customization, Passimian, Oranguru, Lycanroc (and forms), PokeBank Update for Gen 7

ORAS Pre-release 2014
Sep 04 - Diving, Wild Pokemon tail in grass, Pre-order details
Sep 12 - Mega (Gallade, Sharpedo, Camerupt), Primal Groudon/Kyogre abilities, Global Link & Bank compatibility, Soundtrack, Special Edition 3DS

XY Pre-release 2013
Sep 04 - [Pokemon Direct] Pokemon Bank, Poke Transporter, Kanto Starters (and their Megas)
Sep 12 - Pyroar
Sep 13 - Quilladin, Braixen, Frogadier, Tyrunt, Amoura, Furfrou, Meowstic, Mega (Mewtwo X, Garchomp), Team Flare Admins (Celosia, Aliana, Bryony, Mable, Xerosic), Diantha
Sep 18 - eShop Trailer that didn't showcase much
Sep 19 - Tyrantrum, Aurorus, Confirmation of no Megas for Gen 6 Pokemon
Sep 25 - Doublade

We only have two months left before the release, and this is only the 2nd info drop this month.

Mewizard

I really do hope there's more than just Sirfetch'd. Most likely there will be 1 or 2 more probably the Teapot elephant, Impidimp or the Chimpmunks, Then there's still some Dynamax forms we've yet to see.
Really though I wish they'd pump out some more Pokemon reveals, Especially Evolutions. We're 8 weeks away from release, I think now would be the perfect time for more pokemon reveals and more trailers to hype the game back up.

DSDark

Breeder
I really do hope there's more than just Sirfetch'd. Most likely there will be 1 or 2 more probably the Teapot elephant, Impidimp or the Chimpmunks, Then there's still some Dynamax forms we've yet to see.
Really though I wish they'd pump out some more Pokemon reveals, Especially Evolutions. We're 8 weeks away from release, I think now would be the perfect time for more pokemon reveals and more trailers to hype the game back up.

It's definitely time for more pokemon to be revealed.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
We might see an official release of Impidimp and some of the teased Pokémon (Yamper evo, Chipmunk, two statues etc.), but we probably won't see a lot of new stuff, just another Regional Form and possibly another evo to match Sirfetch'd.

mtqc

MY BEANS!
Guess I'm one of the few who loves this reveal cycle... :D I'd rather have lots of Pokemon to discover on my first playthrough. I felt rather spoiled of the whole game for XY and SM.

I do agree that seeing the starters' final forms is a must, though! I'd assume the middle stages will come around next month and the final ones will either get leaked with a datamine or revealed a few days before release.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
The fact that Game Freak initially considered to hide mid-evolutions of starters for IG, hence the poll in Secret Club, strongly indicates to me that introducing less Pokémon has no relation with Galar eventually having a small regional Dex.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
The fact that Game Freak initially considered to hide mid-evolutions of starters for IG, hence the poll in Secret Club, strongly indicates to me that introducing less Pokémon has no relation with Galar eventually having a small regional Dex.
That's a good point. If they were willing to change their way of revealing the starters evolution lines to the point of holding all of it back until the game is out, it strongly suggests their whole mindset on revealing new pokémon is different this time around.

DSDark

Breeder
Guess I'm one of the few who loves this reveal cycle... :D I'd rather have lots of Pokemon to discover on my first playthrough. I felt rather spoiled of the whole game for XY and SM.

I do agree that seeing the starters' final forms is a must, though! I'd assume the middle stages will come around next month and the final ones will either get leaked with a datamine or revealed a few days before release.

I've been mostly fine with the amount of pokemon shown. However I do feel we need at least 8 more pokemon shown before release

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I hope they focus on new Pokemon and not on gen 1 ones again... it will make me more exited personally. I mean, I mght like the new evo of that gen 1 bird Pokemon (don't know how to write its name) but I want them to show new Pokemon as well.

anjunajake

you were the sun & moon to me
I've been fine with the reveal cycle for the most part up until now, but it's go time now! Time to step up the hype and get us excited. I think the cool way they're teasing this glitch 'mon is a step in the right direction. I expect a good reveal tomorrow.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I've been fine with the reveal cycle for the most part up until now, but it's go time now! Time to step up the hype and get us excited. I think the cool way they're teasing this glitch 'mon is a step in the right direction. I expect a good reveal tomorrow.
Well I hope you are right, cuz I REALLy wanna see new Pokemon hehe

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
42 out of 72 Pokemon & 13 out of 30 Mega Evolutions were revealed during the pre-release in X/Y.
67 out of 81 Pokemon & 12 out of 17 Alolan Forms were revealed during the pre-release in Sun/Moon.

For SWSH, we have 19 known Pokemon (20 if you count the current Glitch Pokemon) & 2 Galarian Forms.

While it sucks and hurts hype, also datamining aside, I actually like the minimal amount of info because it leaves us with a lot to discover.

DannyDark

To be honest I'd say the thing it hurts the most.. And I don't think this is applicable to the majority of those in this forum due to the forum being explicitly for Pokemon.. is helping people decide, who are somewhat on the fence regarding purchasing the game, and for some purchasing a Switch as well to play the game, whether they want to sink that money into it.

So, Hype vs Too Much Hype vs Too Little Hype aside.. I don't think they're doing a great job actually advertising the games; whether this be amount of content, format of announcements or just the general, turbulent mood that has plague the fandom throughout in-part due to the selective lack of communication with fans.

The glitch Pokemon was a fun little way to tease, and hopefully very soon fully announce, a Pokemon.. but, 2 months from launch, it is by far the most interesting thing to happen during the launch cycle that wasn't negative.

I'm excited for the trailer tomorrow though! I think we just need a good run of new announcements, honestly.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
I think we’ll be seeing the Farfetch’d Galarian form/evo, a couple new Pokémon (at most like 3 or 4), maybe a side mechanic like the Photo Club or Contests, and a Gym Leader or two. Even that sounds like too much to hope for given how the announcements have been, but I think since it’s closer to the release, there might be more info than usual.