• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
I'm thinking we'll get Galarian Farfetch'd, Sirfetch'd & one more pokemon. Thats all I'm expecting but I'm hoping that there will be more

Xuxuba

This is probably an unpopular opinion but i actually want to know a little bit more about the story.

I don't want to be spoiled, i just want to know what the game is about aside from collecting gym badges.

You know, like watching a trailer before seeing the movie. Sure, movie trailers nowadays have been spoiling too much, but that doesn't have to always be the case.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
This is probably an unpopular opinion but i actually want to know a little bit more about the story.

I don't want to be spoiled, i just want to know what the game is about aside from collecting gym badges.

You know, like watching a trailer before seeing the movie. Sure, movie trailers nowadays have been spoiling too much, but that doesn't have to always be the case.
I would want to hear about the story during he games itself, Im more intersted in new Pokemon since we havent gotten any so far

Orphalesion

I do not want to "discover" Pokemon in the game. I want to know what Pokemon are available and where to find them, because that's how I've always played the games as a child and it helps with my roleplaying as well. If I was a kid in the Pokemon world I wouldn't be like Ash, I'd know about the local wildlife.
So I need to know all Pokemon on release day.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
So another possible bird 2mw. I feel were getting a lot of birds but maybe it is just me. One thing I do like is them holding out on pokemon we get early on unless they are changing things up and the early pokemon are just full on different the what were used too. Like instead of a small mammal we catch Drednaw's re evoultion early or even a Koffing for GWeezong

I do not want to "discover" Pokemon in the game. I want to know what Pokemon are available and where to find them, because that's how I've always played the games as a child and it helps with my roleplaying as well. If I was a kid in the Pokemon world I wouldn't be like Ash, I'd know about the local wildlife.

Wow I''m shocked you are like the only one I know who wants to know prior.

Ultra Beast Lover

I want to at least know the essential main conflict though I'm sure we know it, I also want to know if the player has just moved to Galar or has lived there for their entire lives, and maybe some background stuff on the trainer. Like maybe the player studied at a Pokemon school or maybe abroad, I could see it being a thing where after the last Champion Cup either the player or Hop went off to study how to be a trainer while the one who stayed behind studied at home. With the next challenge starting really soon we see the cutscene of the player and Hop on a train back home, we don't see what they say but we get a sense that they're very close.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I want to at least know the essential main conflict though I'm sure we know it, I also want to know if the player has just moved to Galar or has lived there for their entire lives, and maybe some background stuff on the trainer. Like maybe the player studied at a Pokemon school or maybe abroad, I could see it being a thing where after the last Champion Cup either the player or Hop went off to study how to be a trainer while the one who stayed behind studied at home. With the next challenge starting really soon we see the cutscene of the player and Hop on a train back home, we don't see what they say but we get a sense that they're very close.

The school part would work assuming the anime doesn't change to AU. SM saying you moved to Alola was good and in a way Ash did the same. Now if this was planned I'm not sure but it would be nice if the anime and games worked closer together and the anime did not just things in a light way. It is like being told your getting a spicy sandwhich and it is mild at best.

As for the game I just want it to feel like a home console game and not just a handheld game in HD like LGPE did.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
Well, ever since Gen 4 I've made my teams even before the games were released. Untill now, I've had 3 characters all planned out with a team of 9 Pokémon and with all the new Pokémon introduced within the new generation.

Mewizard

I know myself and the people I know we all like to plan our teams ahead of time. If I were able to I'd go in completely blind to the story but know all the pokemon beforehand. Picking my favourite 6 from a Gen and working on getting that team and playing the game with them is what I like most about the games.

Ducolamia

SAYYYY WHAT???
I like to plan my team ahead as well (I go with fire, water, grass, electric two open slots for anything else) but most of that info can be found on serebii after the first day anyways. While I agree I can understand wanting to develop a team, they don't need to reveal more than half the dex to satisfy that. I could get if this was before the internet became widespread and that having many new pokemon advertised constantly was a must, but here, while it's fun engagement, I don't think that's nearly that big of an issue. That and I do sympathize with people who try to go in blind. They should leave at least some stuff for us to find on our own. I remember Dhelmise being a surprise for many people (who didn't look at the datamine) and while the internet could make this harder, I still understand that desire to be surprised.

SurrealistSmeargle

To be fair, you will almost certainly know every pokemon on release day. Review copies will be sent out early, and I'm sure the very first thing Serebii will do once the clock ticks over to 00:00 on release day is work on uploading the full list of new pokemon. You don't need a lot of pre-release reveals, or god forbid, a datamine, for that to be the case. Or even if it's not all ready by then, it will take at most 24 hours before they're all up, by which point it's highly unlikely you'd have reached the location of half the pokemon you want even if you want to start the game straight away. I don't think it's any less reasonable for those of us who would rather have more left to wonder at in the moment-to-moment gameplay to expect you to wait to start the game if you care this much, than it is for you to expect us to avoid news if we'd rather go in blind.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I always plan my team ahead of time as well, but since the game literally always gets leaked a week or two (or more) before release, I don’t mind if there’s only a small amount of Pokémon revealed beforehand.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
To be fair, you will almost certainly know every pokemon on release day. Review copies will be sent out early, and I'm sure the very first thing Serebii will do once the clock ticks over to 00:00 on release day is work on uploading the full list of new pokemon. You don't need a lot of pre-release reveals, or god forbid, a datamine, for that to be the case. Or even if it's not all ready by then, it will take at most 24 hours before they're all up, by which point it's highly unlikely you'd have reached the location of half the pokemon you want even if you want to start the game straight away. I don't think it's any less reasonable for those of us who would rather have more left to wonder at in the moment-to-moment gameplay to expect you to wait to start the game if you care this much, than it is for you to expect us to avoid news if we'd rather go in blind.
This actually a solid idea since it pleases both sides

greninjamaster

Honestly people are so spoiled nowadays wanting to know every Pokemon. Back with the first 4 gens we didn't know jack squat until release day and I loved that the most. I'd rather a lot of the Pokemon remain unspoiled unlike Sun and Moon which showed every new Pokemon which to me was disappointing since I really was not a fan of the majority of the new Pokemon.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。

Perfectly summarized.

However, I would like to add that every Pokémon series up to date is eventually datamined a week earlier by two famous hackers when the review copies are sent, Kaphotics and ScriesM, in case you'd like to obtain full information about every Pokémon in Galar, plus the evolutionary requirements. I'm just noting that as IG-only discovery can often lead some of the Pokémon left out and with Galar's Wild Area, I can see that possibility.

SpiritSkye

#ShieldGang
I love to compile notes on Pokémon and build teams or assess competitive capabilities based on the information Serebii has when new Pokémon gens come out, but while I do very much enjoy engaging my mind like that, I would rather do so after experiencing the story and discovering Pokémon in-game myself. I’ve been using my notes-and-analysis method since it became impossible to avoid spoilers on the internet, which is a major coping tool for me and I cannot cut myself off from it (the Pokémon series even more so).

I, personally, would much rather the marketing focus on new mechanics, characters, and teasing the story a bit and such, than have a ton of Pokémon shown. I want to feel like I’m immersed in the world of my new game, and barring that (as has been the case with Pokémon games for awhile), I shift to treating it as a puzzle. I need distractions to cope, so if no unique experience to have (because everything is spoiled), then crafting teams and breeding, ect.

DSDark

Breeder
I like to pick out the 4 pokemon I plan on using during my playthrough generally before release. The other two slots are a catcher, false swipe and a sleeping move, and a exp share sponge.

Right now I only feel like there's 2-3 pokemon I want to use and that could change depending on special and physical stats. I go with two of each. So this is why I think people want to know more pokemon. Not a lot have shown and definitely not enough to plan a party.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'd bet that we only see Farfetch'd and his evolution. Per tradition of greedily not showing more than two Pokemon at a time -_-

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
I don't plan my team ahead the first time I play. I just let it build as I find pokemon that look cool and form a type-diverse team of 6. But I want to know everything about the starters before I pick one.

As for tomorrow's reveal, I'll be surprised if we get more than the "glitch" pokemon. and I'll be surprised if it is Farfetch'd or Sirfetch'd.

Ultra Beast Lover

Probably will get Corviknight as soon as humanly possible, what matters is the E4, I like to build a team that can take care of Gyms, Rivals, and Evil Teams and masacre the E4, already Sobble can already beat Charizard. Going to avoid Dynamax/Gigantimax as much as possible because it'll look cooler having my tiny Pokemon take on a behemoth that could easily squash them. The only other thing to decide is: over level or at level?