• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Kingudora

My favourite
My guess about pokémon reveals tomorrow:

If Sirfetch'd evolves from regular Farfetch'd, then just Sirfetch'd revealed.

If Sirfetch'd doesn't evolve from regular Farfetch'd, then likely Galarian Farfetch'd and Sirfetch'd revealed.

If there's more than just Sirfetch'd (/+ Galarian Farfetch'd), then I can see there being pokémon or Galarian forms that can go along the "knight" theme, like a new Dragon pokémon that Sirfetch'd fights against or Galarian Ponyta as their steed. Something along those lines.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
I'm hoping that we'll get around 5 new pokemon as most of the trailers showed off around that amount (If we count galar forms) , whilst the direct only showed off 2 new pokemon which is the fewest it could get away with whilst still claiming that they will reveal new pokemon rather than a new pokemon.

At 2pm UK Time tomorrow right?

Kangaflora

My guess about pokémon reveals tomorrow:

If Sirfetch'd evolves from regular Farfetch'd, then just Sirfetch'd revealed.

If Sirfetch'd doesn't evolve from regular Farfetch'd, then likely Galarian Farfetch'd and Sirfetch'd revealed.

If there's more than just Sirfetch'd (/+ Galarian Farfetch'd), then I can see there being pokémon or Galarian forms that can go along the "knight" theme, like a new Dragon pokémon that Sirfetch'd fights against or Galarian Ponyta as their steed. Something along those lines.
Sirfetch'd seems to make Farfetch'd even more mysterious than it was back in the Generation I days, and why haven't the Pokédex entries suggested that they were hunted to near extinction when the Anime has?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Sirfetch'd seems to make Farfetch'd even more mysterious than it was back in the Generation I days, and why haven't the Pokédex entries suggested that they were hunted to near extinction when the Anime has?
It has though? Farfetch’d has its Yellow Pokèdex entry implying their numbers going down. Crystal mentions that there’s been efforts to protect their dwindling numbers from extinction

SpiritSkye

#ShieldGang
At 2pm UK Time tomorrow right?
Yes. At least going by the time converter I used: 10 PM JST = 2 PM BST = 6 AM PDT

Edited because I can never remember time zone acronyms and differences @.@

Last edited:

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
How many hours till the reveal? Is it in the usual hour?
just put "10 pm jst" on google and it will show what it will be in your timezone.

Anyways, I wouldn't mind if it was just Sirfetch'd as long as we got the silhouettes of the middle starters at the end. Although I doubt they will make a trailer reveal just for one pokémon, so if it's really just Sirfetch'd then it will most likely be just a website update.

SpiritSkye

#ShieldGang
just put "10 pm jst" on google and it will show what it will be in your timezone.

Anyways, I wouldn't mind if it was just Sirfetch'd as long as we got the silhouettes of the middle starters at the end. Although I doubt they will make a trailer reveal just for one pokémon, so if it's really just Sirfetch'd then it will most likely be just a website update.
The translated announcement did say that the date and time were for when the site “glitch” would be corrected, iirc, so it could be just a new webpage.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
The translated announcement did say that the date and time were for when the site “glitch” would be corrected, iirc, so it could be just a new webpage.

Given that the glitch is getting “fixed” at the exact same time trailers are typically uploaded, I don’t think it’s just gonna be a new webpage.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I'm guessing all we should expect 2mw is DuckBoy. Anything else will be a bonus. Assuming it is even a duck but if it is I'm naming it Scrooge McDuck

Probably will get Corviknight as soon as humanly possible, what matters is the E4, I like to build a team that can take care of Gyms, Rivals, and Evil Teams and masacre the E4, already Sobble can already beat Charizard. Going to avoid Dynamax/Gigantimax as much as possible because it'll look cooler having my tiny Pokemon take on a behemoth that could easily squash them. The only other thing to decide is: over level or at level?
Wait I thought I read a post online SwSh isn't doing an E4 due to the Championship Cup being different

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
Wait I thought I read a post online SwSh isn't doing an E4 due to the Championship Cup being different
This is what happened:
- Two months ago, the SwSh official website updated talking about the Champion Cup.
- While it doesn't specify what the Champion Cup is in exact terms, it leaves the impression it is going to be a tournament.
- Some guy from a website apparently only found out this page on the official website last week.
- Said guy wrote an article with the clickbait title "SWSH WILL NOT HAVE AN ELITE FOUR" that is entirely based on his impressions of the vague text that was up on the official website for a long while now.
- People just read the title of the article and misinformation was spread like a plague.

So we don't really have any new information on this except this bit of info that was posted on the official website 2,5 months ago: https://swordshield.pokemon.com/en-us/story/strive-to-become-next-champion/
Back then some of us mentioned the possibility this meant we wouldn't have an Elite Four, but it happened one month after the E3 fiasco, when any attempt to discuss the game would be instantly diverted to dexit discussions, so a lot of people didn't even became aware of it.

Last edited:

BlackButterfree

Honestly, while the recent revelations (Alcremie forms, Obstagoon, advanced character customization) have slightly won me over, I'm definitely not getting these games. At least not right away. I'll wait and see what's announced tomorrow.

Akashin

This is what happened:
- Two months ago, the SwSh official website updated talking about the Champion Cup.
- While it doesn't specify what the Champion Cup is in exact terms, it leaves the impression it is going to be a tournament.
- Some guy from a website apparently only found out this page on the official website last week.
- Said guy wrote an article with the clickbait title "SWSH WILL NOT HAVE AN ELITE FOUR" that is entirely based on his impressions of the vague text that was up on the official website for a long while now.
- People just read the title of the article and misinformation was spread like a plague.

So we don't really have any new information on this except this bit of info that was posted on the official website 2,5 months ago: https://swordshield.pokemon.com/en-us/story/strive-to-become-next-champion/
Back then some of us mentioned the possibility this meant we wouldn't have an Elite Four, but it happened one month after the E3 fiasco, when any attempt to discuss the game would be instantly diverted to dexit discussions, so a lot of people didn't even became aware of it.

We also have these comments on the official Twitter page, which confirm it's a tournament and more heavily imply that it does replace the Elite 4 by saying the winner can challenge the Champion.

landipan

I really hope we see Galarian forms of Dunsparce, Rapidash, Magcargo, Ledian, Dewgong, Grumpig, Mightyena, and Girafarig. Any of those being shown would be great

I wonder if they really did decide to do a regional form for Girafarig if they'd use the Gold beta design, I certainly would love that!

ShadowForce720

In case anyone wonders how the times break down in the time zones that are currently listed on Serebii.net for the news drop that is coming tomorrow this is how that breaks down:

JST: 10:00 pm
BST: 2:00 pm
EDT: 9:00 am
PDT: 6:00 am