• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
Oh I know. It's just trying to find someone to trade with on the GTS that isn't asking for ubers or impossible trades is a bit of a pain.
Instead of looking for someone offering what you want, just ask for it yourself.
It's hard to see someone with a Turtonator asking for a Drampa instead of a Mewtwo because those quickly find someone who is willing to trade. Just put your version exclusive there asking for its counterpart and someone who is also looking for someone not asking for ubers will find you in less than a minute.
Getting reasonable trades in GTS is the easiest possible thing as long as you propose them yourself instead of go out there looking for someone already doing it (obviously, this works better when the games are newer and most people are still trying to fill their dex).

Also, for those who fear using GTS-mon themselves because they could be hacked, just breed it and use the newborn one.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I flat out refuse to trade on GTS because of all the hacks/clones. There are reddit communities for legitimate trades. Despite being Australian (so having wonky times compared to Americans) I’m able to trade Pokémon without much issue
Fair enough. Can relate since I got temp banned due to some jerk trying to clone. I'd do that, but it's a bit of a pain setting up trades.

SpiritSkye

#ShieldGang

anjunajake

you were the sun & moon to me
Can't lie, I'm a little disappointed it was JUST Sirfetch'd revealed today. It looks cool, although I still can't see how it weights 250 pounds. As a competitive battler, I like to look at those aspects of the new Pokemon as well. I expect it to have a pretty good attack stat based on its lore. Most likely going to have a high defense too, given it carries a shield. I expect speed to be low, but hopefully at least "midground" teir. Steadfast actually isn't a bad ability competitively speaking, in VGC/doubles at least. Flinches are soooooo prevalent and annoying, and that potential speed boost given could be quite nice. Especially given that it can likely switch into rock slides (super common flinching move in VGC) with less worry due to its pure fighting typing. I remember reading someone suggesting Stance Change as potential HA. Now THAT would have been awesome, but too good to be true most likely. Maybe it will at least get Kings Shield.

All in all, not much to say. But at least it's not much longer until the Early October trailer.

Last edited:

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Ok so very likely this was not planned but the fact we got a Duck pokemon reveal on the day the first DuckTales cartoon series aired is just funny to me.

ChavaWM

Since Sirfetch'd is pure fighting and the website says "only farfetch'd that are in Galar..." does that mean no fighting type of farfetch'd either? I think I'm just having trouble understanding how it loses it's flying typing. Will it be able to learn any flying moves?

DannyDark

Just thinking about it now.. it's really kinda disappointing that regional-only evolutions are a thing, if that's what Sirfetch'd is going to be.

Farfetch'd got an evolution because it's undeniably lackluster and needed a boost, which it got. However, if, when the next generation comes along, you're not able to evolve a Farfetch'd from that game, it's almost like what was the point? Like, they identified it needed something more, and have now given it it, but will subsequently lock it behind, for some, a paywall, in that you've got to have SwSh and then transfer to a new game. But more than that, they've just rescinded the needed boost from all future Farfetch'ds.

Basically what I'm saying is just make evolutions of non-regional variants into simply new cross-generation evolutions like Gliscor/Tangrowth/Electivire and such.

If that's what this is then grand, but the wording definitely makes it seem region-locked.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Since Sirfetch'd is pure fighting and the website says "only farfetch'd that are in Galar..." does that mean no fighting type of farfetch'd either? I think I'm just having trouble understanding how it loses it's flying typing. Will it be able to learn any flying moves?
It's vague, but I'm guessing it'll just be the regular Farfetch'd. Though if that does end up being te case, Farfetch'd/Sirfetch'd would mark the first time since Gloom/Bellossom that a Pokemon goes from two types to a single type when it evolves (unless you count Mega Aggron).

Ducolamia

SAYYYY WHAT???
I really warming up to Sir'Fetched. Not my favorite Mon from this gen by any means but I feel it might reach Alolan Exeguttor levels of memes quite soon.

That being said, we should at least check out the pokemon's stats first. Since this is an evolution I'm guessing that regular Far'fetched is still normal looking (Pikachu was the same way) while the evolution is this. Since this is a regular Evo it's stat growth can change from any time so I think it's too early to tell.

That being said, why are people upset at it being a pure fighting type? It seems to fit the motif well and now it's only going to have 3 weaknesses compared to the standard normal flying. That and we don't really have a non+standard fighting type. I'm down for it if it's useful. Now if only Ledian could get a much needed upgrade.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Just thinking about it now.. it's really kinda disappointing that regional-only evolutions are a thing, if that's what Sirfetch'd is going to be.

Farfetch'd got an evolution because it's undeniably lackluster and needed a boost, which it got. However, if, when the next generation comes along, you're not able to evolve a Farfetch'd from that game, it's almost like what was the point?

Well, I'm hoping it ends up being like Gen V where we originally thought all those Pokémon will literally only be available in Unova and never be seen again, but they've appeared in games since.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Instead of looking for someone offering what you want, just ask for it yourself.
It's hard to see someone with a Turtonator asking for a Drampa instead of a Mewtwo because those quickly find someone who is willing to trade. Just put your version exclusive there asking for its counterpart and someone who is also looking for someone not asking for ubers will find you in less than a minute.
Getting reasonable trades in GTS is the easiest possible thing as long as you propose them yourself instead of go out there looking for someone already doing it (obviously, this works better when the games are newer and most people are still trying to fill their dex).

Also, for those who fear using GTS-mon themselves because they could be hacked, just breed it and use the newborn one.
That's what I usually do. And it thankfully works out a lot of a lot of the time. Other times I resort to the other option.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8

Farfetch'd got an evolution because it's undeniably lackluster and needed a boost, which it got. However, if, when the next generation comes along, you're not able to evolve a Farfetch'd from that game, it's almost like what was the point? Like, they identified it needed something more, and have now given it it, but will subsequently lock it behind, for some, a paywall, in that you've got to have SwSh and then transfer to a new game. But more than that, they've just rescinded the needed boost from all future Farfetch'ds.

Basically what I'm saying is just make evolutions of non-regional variants into simply new cross-generation evolutions like Gliscor/Tangrowth/Electivire and such.

If that's what this is then grand, but the wording definitely makes it seem region-locked.
It likely won't be the case. Chances are something like a Galar stone is brought over since I remember in school people thought the ice and moss stone were Sinnoh only or that Magnamite could n ot be evolved in other games. I can't see pokemon ever being touched who got regional forms/evos or even megas. Regional evos will likley just become normal evos since people thought alola forms would be only one gen but galar got forms too. TBH I would not worry too much as of now.

anjunajake

you were the sun & moon to me

It will be able to retain any flying type moves learned from its Farfetch'd form, but as Sirfetch'd it will probably get a whole new arsenal of moves, mostly of the fighting type I would assume.

Baggie_Saiyan

Which plays into my feelings about this gens main gimmick. If they're doing region locked forms & Evolutions then this whole Dynamax & Gigantamax seems like overkill.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
So, Sirfetch'd's Japanese name is Negiganaito.

Bulbapedia translates it into: "Negiganaito may be a combination of 葱 negi (spring onion), the prefix giga-, and knight. It may also be a pun on 葱がないと negi ga nai to (must have a spring onion)."

That's actually pretty clever.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Wow, everyone here’s taking Sirfetch’d being the only new thing revealed today a lot better than I expected. : P

Anyways, I’m a sucker for Knight characters, so I love Sirfetch’d. Since I’m probably gonna get Sword, I’ll likely put one on my team.

Since we don’t know its version exclusive counterpart, perhaps we’ll get another reveal soon...?