• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I think it's very likely Sirfetch'd will learn Sacred Sword as most sword-related Pokemon do, so it will probably at least have that as a STAB option (Sword, STAB, haha). Its signature move is also likely Fighting, but sadly being either a Giga Impact clone or a charge-up move most likely condemns it to unviability.

SpiritSkye

#ShieldGang
Since Sirfetch'd is a fighting type and Sword exclusive, maybe it's the signature Pokemon of Bea?
This is what I’ve been thinking, or at least she could have one on her team. To me it fits because Bea is described as stoic and Sirfetch’d as calm and collected, so it makes sense that she’d be interested in having Sirfetch’d as a partner.

I’m thinking Bea will use Sirfetch’d, an evo for a previously single-stage Pokémon that’s now pure Fighting and exclusive to Sword, and Allister will use an evo for a previously single-stage Pokémon that will now be pure Ghost and exclusive to Shield. I’m also thinking we’ll get this other ‘mon before September ends, to match with Sirfetch’d’s reveal, as it doesn’t make sense to reveal it in the next big trailer when Sirfetch’d has a 30 second trailer which focused solely on it.

I also wonder if perhaps Rotom, being Ghost Type and tying into Sirfetch’d reveal, is foreshadowing a Ghost Type counterpart to Sirfetch’d.

Last edited:

Mewizard

I'm just trying to guess what the number of new pokemon might be, Sirfetch'd makes it 19 New Pokemon revealed so far?
If we add in Mewoth's Evolution, Impidimp, the Teapot Elephant, The 2 Chimpmunks, The Baracuda, The Monster-like pokemon on the Docks, Eternus and the Starter evolutions that would make it 33 New Pokemon so far. I can see it getting the XY treatment to be honest with the similarities to Megas/Gigantamax forms and we get a smaller dex of 70 or so.

Wingulltrainer

I'm just trying to guess what the number of new pokemon might be, Sirfetch'd makes it 19 New Pokemon revealed so far?
If we add in Mewoth's Evolution, Impidimp, the Teapot Elephant, The 2 Chimpmunks, The Baracuda, The Monster-like pokemon on the Docks, Eternus and the Starter evolutions that would make it 33 New Pokemon so far. I can see it getting the XY treatment to be honest with the similarities to Megas/Gigantamax forms and we get a smaller dex of 70 or so.
The teapot “elephant” is actually a ghost type; polteageist

anjunajake

you were the sun & moon to me
I think it's very likely Sirfetch'd will learn Sacred Sword as most sword-related Pokemon do, so it will probably at least have that as a STAB option (Sword, STAB, haha). Its signature move is also likely Fighting, but sadly being either a Giga Impact clone or a charge-up move most likely condemns it to unviability.

Yeah, I'd be shocked if Meteor Assault was anything else other than fighting given it's Sirfetch'd signature move. Unfortunately, as you said, likey not going to be viable from a competitive standpoint but could be a fun in game move. Hopefully it does indeed get Sacred Sword, that would be a a nice reliable fighting STAB option. And then maybe one more high powered nuke like Close Combat.

I also just realized that Farfetch'd has Defiant as an HA. If Sirfetch'd manages to keep that HA, that could also pose it as a threat as well. I also wonder if its signature item, Stick, may get a buff or if it may get a new signature item as a Sirfetch'd.

Polteageist looks nothing like the alleged "teapot" elephant, IMO. I suppose it could be an evolution but it's definitely not the same Pokemon.

Mewizard

Personally I don't think so, If you looks closely at both side by side they are very different. The Elephant has 4 flat footed legs, Polteageist only has 2 rounded legs. The Elephant also has a black and orange pattern on it that isn't on Polteageist. The Feet and stem alone show it's definitely not Polteageist.
1562635388509.jpg
Polti.jpg

SpiritSkye

#ShieldGang
Don’t forget the one in the Pokémon Center, behind the café guy.

They look too different to be the same Pokémon, and even if they are the same line Polteageist’s evo would still be a new Pokémon to count.

Wingulltrainer

Personally I don't think so, If you looks closely at both side by side they are very different. The Elephant has 4 flat footed legs, Polteageist only has 2 rounded legs. The Elephant also has a black and orange pattern on it that isn't on Polteageist. The Feet and stem alone show it's definitely not Polteageist.
1562635388509.jpg
Polti.jpg
Well, i’m Not thrilled with the idea of having two teapot shaped Pokémon in the game.

SpiritSkye

#ShieldGang
Well, i’m Not thrilled with the idea of having two teapot shaped Pokémon in the game.
We don’t know that it is teapot shaped, just that it appears ceramic.

JohnLynch

Also, for those who fear using GTS-mon themselves because they could be hacked, just breed it and use the newborn one.
Its not so much being scared of hacks as accepting them pretty much removes any challenge left in Pokémon (and lets be honest, the challenge isn’t exactly high to start with).

Kingudora

My favourite
Still in the process of acknowledging Sirfetch'd as an evolution rather than a form. They look quite alike.

GxKG9a.jpg
Yeah, I wish Sirfetch'd was more visually distinct from Farfetch'd. What if it had a longer neck, perhaps?

Right now, if you removed the leek and the lance + shield from them, they would have pretty much identical silhouettes next to each other.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
So assuming that Sirfetch'd evolves from a regular Farfetch'd, that means it will be a Fighting type with access to:

Brave Bird, Leaf Blade, Defog, First Impression, Knock Off, Acrobatics, Roost, U-Turn, Fly, Steel Wing, and Sky Attack

I see it having high attack, decent defenses, and probably low speed, special attack, and HP (someone on Smogon did a calculation and it likely has the same HP as a regular Farfetch'd). But a Fighting type with good attack, that can likely hold the Stick item (considering Alola Marowak still could hold its signature item, I think Sirfetch'd can as well), it should be very fun to use. It also has access to Swords Dance and Agility, so it will be very fun! Hoping it gets some cool moves on its own merit (Close Combat, Sacred Sword, Drain Punch, etc.) And if it keeps Defiant, it will be so much fun since it now is prone to Sticky Web unlike before.

I can't wait to get someone to trade it to me!

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Yeah, I wish Sirfetch'd was more visually distinct from Farfetch'd. What if it had a longer neck, perhaps?

Right now, if you removed the leek and the lance + shield from them, they would have pretty much identical silhouettes next to each other.
To be fair, it would be easier for me to get used to it if it had a funny six-pack on its belly and a bit taller.

Kangaflora

I am actually intrigued by Sirfetch'd, now that we know that it's the evolved form of Farfetch'd. And uniquely, it changes type and loses a type at the same time, as it goes from Normal/Flying to pure Fighting. I'm just so happy that Farfetch'd finally evolves! I wonder now if Dunsparce or Chatot will evolve to become the Shield counterpart for Sirfetch'd....