• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Genos

The Indigo Disk
I wonder if this is the month to reveal the 1st evolutions of gen 8 starters.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
October is very eventful. XY was released. ORAS and SM demo released.
Of course, with every release, the inevitable happens -- datamining.

Like before, this only lists what was revealed in the trailers (and demos). Not CoroCoro, Famitsu, etc. I've skipped trailers that only showed random cinematics or gameplay that didn't really show anything new.

LGPE Pre-release 2018
Oct 10 - Meltan & Mystery Box, LGPE and GO connectivity, Meltan evo teased
Oct 18 - Master Trainers
Oct 24 - Melmetal
Oct 30 - Lavender Town, Pokemon Tower

USUM Pre-release 2017
Oct 04 - Bits of in-game cutscenes
Oct 05 - UB-Adhesive, Ultra Recon Squad, Ultra Megalopolis, Ultra Space
Oct 12 - Solgaleo/Lunala Z-Moves, Roto Loto

SM Pre-release 2016
Oct 04 - Datrix, Torracat, Brionne, Festival Plaza, Poke Pelago, Megas confirmed, Ash-Greninja
Oct 07 - Ilima
Oct 14 - Silvally, Hakamo-o, Kommo-o, Steenee, Tsareena, Ribombee, A-Grimer, A-Muk, Olivia
Oct 18 - [Demo] A-Dugtrio, Leaked/Datamined
Oct 20 - A-Persian
Oct 27 - Decidueye, Incineroar, Primarina, Tapu Lele, Tapu Fini, Tapu Bulu, Cosmog, Battle Tree (Cynthia, Blue & Red)

ORAS Pre-release 2014
Oct 02 - [ORAS Livestream] Mega Rayquaza
Oct 14 - Mega (Pidgeot, Beedrill, Latios, Latias), Eon Ticket, Soaring (Eon Flute, Islands, Legendaries), PokeNav Plus
Oct 14 - [Demo] Mega Steelix, Mega Glalie, Leaked/Datamined

XY Pre-release 2013
Oct 01 - [Demo] Leaked/Datamined
Oct 02 - Mega Charizard X
Oct 03 - Slurpuff, Aromatisse
Oct 10 - XY Broken Release Date, Leaked/Datamined

Also, if I'm not mistaken, the users who voted on the "secret site" voted that they wanted the starter evos revealed soon. So yeah.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I’m sort of annoyed that Japan gets to have a “secret website” for the new games and even get items and Pokémon from it while everyone else just get videos. I really want a Shiny Necrozma because that shade of blue is amazing and I want a Shiny Ultra Burst Necrozma. We get stuck with Shiny Solgaleo which just isn’t that great to look at and Shiny Lunala which is the far better looking Shiny of the two. Why does everything good and/or interesting always become exclusive to Japan? I know Pokémon is a Japanese franchise but at least let us have a Magikarp that knows Hydro Pump or a legit Shiny Arceus.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I’m sort of annoyed that Japan gets to have a “secret website” for the new games and even get items and Pokémon from it while everyone else just get videos. I really want a Shiny Necrozma because that shade of blue is amazing and I want a Shiny Ultra Burst Necrozma. We get stuck with Shiny Solgaleo which just isn’t that great to look at and Shiny Lunala which is the far better looking Shiny of the two. Why does everything good and/or interesting always become exclusive to Japan? I know Pokémon is a Japanese franchise but at least let us have a Magikarp that knows Hydro Pump or a legit Shiny Arceus.
They didn't get 2018 Legends if I recall correctly, that was only for the west.

DSDark

Breeder
October is very eventful. XY was released. ORAS and SM demo released.
Of course, with every release, the inevitable happens -- datamining.

Like before, this only lists what was revealed in the trailers (and demos). Not CoroCoro, Famitsu, etc. I've skipped trailers that only showed random cinematics or gameplay that didn't really show anything new.

LGPE Pre-release 2018
Oct 10 - Meltan & Mystery Box, LGPE and GO connectivity, Meltan evo teased
Oct 18 - Master Trainers
Oct 24 - Melmetal
Oct 30 - Lavender Town, Pokemon Tower

USUM Pre-release 2017
Oct 04 - Bits of in-game cutscenes
Oct 05 - UB-Adhesive, Ultra Recon Squad, Ultra Megalopolis, Ultra Space
Oct 12 - Solgaleo/Lunala Z-Moves, Roto Loto

SM Pre-release 2016
Oct 04 - Datrix, Torracat, Brionne, Festival Plaza, Poke Pelago, Megas confirmed, Ash-Greninja
Oct 07 - Ilima
Oct 14 - Silvally, Hakamo-o, Kommo-o, Steenee, Tsareena, Ribombee, A-Grimer, A-Muk, Olivia
Oct 18 - [Demo] A-Dugtrio, Leaked/Datamined
Oct 20 - A-Persian
Oct 27 - Decidueye, Incineroar, Primarina, Tapu Lele, Tapu Fini, Tapu Bulu, Cosmog, Battle Tree (Cynthia, Blue & Red)

ORAS Pre-release 2014
Oct 02 - [ORAS Livestream] Mega Rayquaza
Oct 14 - Mega (Pidgeot, Beedrill, Latios, Latias), Eon Ticket, Soaring (Eon Flute, Islands, Legendaries), PokeNav Plus
Oct 14 - [Demo] Mega Steelix, Mega Glalie, Leaked/Datamined

XY Pre-release 2013
Oct 01 - [Demo] Leaked/Datamined
Oct 02 - Mega Charizard X
Oct 03 - Slurpuff, Aromatisse
Oct 10 - XY Broken Release Date, Leaked/Datamined

Also, if I'm not mistaken, the users who voted on the "secret site" voted that they wanted the starter evos revealed soon. So yeah.

I highly doubt we'll get a public demo again. After oras got datamined and sm got datamined from their demos I would be shocked if SwSh got a public demo

DannyDark

I mean, when you think about it, still releasing a demo does make sense?
What would be more harmful to prospective sales; not releasing a demo, and not allowing people that are unsure about purchasing the games to try it (which is probably the highest amount of people for a while considering all the changes to these releases), or not releasing a demo so as to not have soon-to-be-revealed Pokemon, be revealed earlier? And the people that care most about the game experience being a surprise, are probably the ones who are already set on purchasing the games regardless, hence their level of care.

mozao

this wasn't in my horoscope
they released SM demo even though ORAS demo was datamined, so why they wouldnt release SwSh demo? tbh I think GF dont really care about datamines -- it's much more a loss to the players than to them. If there is datamine again Im gonna stay clear of it this time, I want to see only officially released info before I get my hands in the game (which may not be soon, since I'll probably wait for the enhanced version).

anyway I dont care much about a demo being released or not. the point of demos is to check If a game is worth buying and ORAS/SM demos hardly fit that role

Sulfurian

The dex being cut is still terrible even months after the reveal. Promotes hacking (are you really gonna breed competitively anymore when there is a chance they don't make it in to the next game) and just makes me indifferent to anything new they introduce. Why get excited?

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
The dex being cut is still terrible even months after the reveal. Promotes hacking (are you really gonna breed competitively anymore when there is a chance they don't make it in to the next game) and just makes me indifferent to anything new they introduce. Why get excited?
New pokemon, new moves, new strategies, new region, new characters, etc. the usual stuff people get excited about. As much as I appreciated bringing pokemon from old games forward, I rarely actually used them since in the new games what worked in the previous generation didn't necessarily work as well. Often times it was better to breed up something for the current generation if I wanted to use a old pokemon.

mtqc

MY BEANS!
I'm sure this has been posted elsewhere already, but I'm loving GameInformer's current release of nuggets of info! Super excited for some difficult and strategic raids, and the save function being something you can switch on and off is fantastic for everyone. I'll be keeping that on for quite a while, I bet...

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
It's a miracle! Autosaving can be turned off :).

mtqc

MY BEANS!
Thank God HMs are confirmed to not return, phewwww

Also very intrigued about Home, since they're touting it as "more than Pokemon Bank." I'm just not sure what they'll do with it, but I'm excited to see what it'll look like.

mozao

this wasn't in my horoscope

Pokémon has more sides than just competitive though, so a lot of people have plenty of reasons to get excited. I know it must be awful news for competitive players, but it had to happen sooner or later. training Pokémon competitively has gradually changed from time-wasting torture to something more accessible and tolerable, plus I think the majority of competitive players don't quite enjoy keeping the exact same team through generations. so you should be looking forward to all those cool, creative possible additions for your roster. also, I'm pretty sure players will be able to deposit a Pokémon from gen 7 and withdraw to gen 9 if that Pokémon is available in gens 7 and 9 but not in gen 8, for example

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Thank God HMs are confirmed to not return, phewwww

Also very intrigued about Home, since they're touting it as "more than Pokemon Bank." I'm just not sure what they'll do with it, but I'm excited to see what it'll look like.
Yea I'm intrigued too. As long as it doesn't cost too much.