• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Wasn’t that also partly because the final Alola starters were leaked in the summer?

Given Sun/Moon's marketing cycle, it could be intentional to release their final forms. A media franchise lead like Pokémon wouldn't change the content of its trailer based on leaks, mostly.

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
Livestream coming in less than 2 days. Can't wait!

SpiritSkye

#ShieldGang
Still Dynamaxed Pokemon are getting more HP and updated Attacks right? So it's not a projection in the way it changes nothing but size.

I think the dynamaxing and gigantamaxing is probably a case of the Pokemon's 'Aura' projecting itself into a corporeal form. [..] Given that the theme of the game is 'Aspiration', I venture the -Maxings are a form of the pokemon manifesting its most powerful, idealised self.
I assumed something similar, that the Pokémon is taking the “Max Energy” (as I call it) and creating a body out of it, like an astral projection. So it IS them, and they do feel it’s limbs and such as their own body, but it is created from energy rather than dealing with a painful physical change. So just like Hyper Beam and Moonblast are real, physical things but made of energy, ‘maxed forms are real, physical forms.

Also, a bit off the current topic but
For anyone interested I have added to my character customization thread with contact colors, eyebrow colors, lipstick colors and also I may have determined all (automatically available) hair colors. Link here.

Contacts

• Hazel

• Gray

• Green

• Blue

• Black

• Yellow

• Red

• Purple

• Brown

• Ultramarine

• Yellow-Green

• Lavender Ice

Note that this is only a few over half the list.

Eyebrows [Completed]

• Black

• Gold

• Dark brown

• Ash brown

• Caramel blond

• Platinum blond

• Pink-brown

• Wine red

• White

• Green

• Blue

• Red

• Pink

Note that the options up to Green are the exact same as the hair color list we’ve seen, so it’s likely, given that we have Blue, Red and Pink all separately confirmed as hair color options via protag examples, that the hair color options match the eyebrow color options in general. This would mean we have a complete list of all the initially available hair colors already.

Lipsticks [Completed]

• None

• Pale pink

• Orange

• Pink

• Red

• Maroon

• Blue

• Green
I’m adding this here incase anyone is interested and hasn’t seen it. I covered female trainer hairstyles (with images, not just names) in the link as well, under the first “keep reading” in the thread. Hope these lists are helpful to you guys!

Last edited:

Innes

Prince of Frelia
I'm interested in how these eighteen gyms will be handled. Would some gyms like Milo's be relegated to Major or Minor by default? Bea and Allister seem like they will rank in Major depending on what version one chooses, at least to me.

DannyDark

One thing that was, honestly expected, but nevertheless alarming regarding the 101 questions video.. was how little thought or care has seemingly gone into the world building of the Pokemon universe. Obviously some stuff might be they just can't reveal, but I'm not sure they've earned the benefit of the doubt.. just a lack of certainty regarding finer details.

Q: "Does the Pokemon float inside the projection?"
A: "Not sure."

Q: "Is the meat in the curry artificial meat?"
A: "I don't know what it is.." and "It's Pokemon World sausage."

Q: "What's under a Tangela's vines?"
A: "Darkness."

Q: "What was AZs deal?"
A: "Yeah, what was he? I don't know."

Q: "Do Pokemon evolve via natural selection over time?"
A: "I don't know.." and "I don't think this stuff is set in stone."

Obviously the answer to some stuff, like AZ, can be found out for the most part. And I believe Masuda even discussed AZ at some point in a prior interview.. but, I don't know, doesn't really fill me with hope when it comes across as not a massive amount of thought going into some of the aspects of the game.

Hell, the presence of regional forms confirms that adaptation occurs and so natural selection must also be present.. but they didn't have the presence of mind to say it? I suppose, this way, they can do away with regional forms without having to then justify the seeming loss of natural selection in the world?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
One thing that was, honestly expected, but nevertheless alarming regarding the 101 questions video.. was how little thought or care has seemingly gone into the world building of the Pokemon universe. Obviously some stuff might be they just can't reveal, but I'm not sure they've earned the benefit of the doubt.. just a lack of certainty regarding finer details.

Q: "Does the Pokemon float inside the projection?"
A: "Not sure."

Q: "Is the meat in the curry artificial meat?"
A: "I don't know what it is.." and "It's Pokemon World sausage."

Q: "What's under a Tangela's vines?"
A: "Darkness."

Q: "What was AZs deal?"
A: "Yeah, what was he? I don't know."

Q: "Do Pokemon evolve via natural selection over time?"
A: "I don't know.." and "I don't think this stuff is set in stone."

Obviously the answer to some stuff, like AZ, can be found out for the most part. And I believe Masuda even discussed AZ at some point in a prior interview.. but, I don't know, doesn't really fill me with hope when it comes across as not a massive amount of thought going into some of the aspects of the game.

Hell, the presence of regional forms confirms that adaptation occurs and so natural selection must also be present.. but they didn't have the presence of mind to say it? I suppose, this way, they can do away with regional forms without having to then justify the seeming loss of natural selection in the world?
I don’t know, out of all the people in Game Freak, I don’t really expect Masuda or Ohmori to know this kind of trivia partly because it’s a cultural thing & partly because they’re too busy working on the projects as a whole. If anything, I’d sooner expect the writers or the creature designers to know that stuff. Masuda & Ohmori seem to act like the video game equivalent to producers or show runners & more-so talk about the big picture stuff for interviews.

Besides, some of these nit-picky question’s were just meant to be curveball jokes & fanservice

Last edited:

BCVM22

Some of those are the tiniest possible details, which couldn’t possibly have any less of an effect on these or any other games.

I for one feel no different about Sword and Shield on the basis of not knowing what’s underneath Tangela’s vines or not knowing what meat specifically is in the curry sausage.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
There's an alarming amount of "dodging the question" in the rapid fire interview. What was even the point of the interview then, if most of them are basically left unanswered anyway???

Even the Exp. Share question is answered in a very roundabout way. If it cannot be turned off then just say "no" -_-

Also, when the guy says "dumb Pokemon question" at the start of the interview, I didn't expect a few of the questions to be THAT dumb lol.
Like, the thing about AZ can be mostly answered by simply playing X/Y, and there are also questions about English language stuff (the Mrs. Mime and the weird old "if you can" slogan) that they obviously wouldn't be able to answer. The question about Mewtwo's fingers is kinda dumb too, but at least that one is hilarious as hell lmao

Anyway, I don't know if I'm the only one, so is there anyone here who has a hard time listening to what the guy's nephew is asking for?

The Game Informer interview makes it plain that difficulty settings will never be a thing. There goes my theory regarding minor and major league gyms. xD

Somewhat hilarious part is that they say they never consider it. Even though we do have difficulty setting in Gen 5.

Apparently even GF forgot it was a thing, most likely because nobody cares about it. But do they know or remember WHY?

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Exactly. Thing is, fans liked it. Any company would generally take it into account, but it seems as if GF just seems to have selective memory about some things.

BCVM22

It's important to note that this "rapid fire" format is a staple of Game Informer's coverage. Among other games, they've produced similar videos for Breath of the Wild and Spider-Man (PS4) and most of the questions were similarly on the inane side, and yet neither of those games can be accused of lacking depth or world building. It's all part of the act.

The punchline is to take away very little from from the Sword and Shield edition of this format in regards to what the eventual game will or won't be. This isn't the venue where they can or would reveal anything particularly noteworthy.

Last edited:

Ultra Beast Lover

I think Gamefreak simply wants to avoid spoilers, sometimes people who are working on a project will say stuff like, "Gosh, I have no idea." or, "We'll have to see about that." As for Pokemon like Tangela, I don't think the staff worry too much about that.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I think Gamefreak simply wants to avoid spoilers, sometimes people who are working on a project will say stuff like, "Gosh, I have no idea." or, "We'll have to see about that." As for Pokemon like Tangela, I don't think the staff worry too much about that.
Besides, the answer is obviously a smaller Tangela.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
When we see new Pokemon in the live news stream we will just see them walking in the forest? We won't know their typings, names, etc?

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
When we see new Pokemon in the live news stream we will just see them walking in the forest? We won't know their typings, names, etc?

Well if the Nidoran 'leak' is to be believed then after a new pokemon shows up Sonia will appear and tells the viewers about the new pokemon.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Oh thats nice I guess, better than just seeing them without knowing anything about them
Impidimp really needs some sort of description. It’s been about three months since it was shown and yet we know next to nothing about it. We got some description of the Box Legendaries but nothing for Impidimp.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Impidimp really needs some sort of description. It’s been about three months since it was shown and yet we know next to nothing about it. We got some description of the Box Legendaries but nothing for Impidimp.

I wonder why they haven't officially revealed it...
I still say that Impidimp is based on Gremlins because of its design and typing. If I had to guess, they’re probably Pokémon found in either forests or urban areas & love to pull pranks or cause all kinds of hijinks.

There could also be an NPC talking about how Impidimp keep breaking the cars for the Corviknight taxis as a reference to how people blamed Gremlins for planes breaking down in WWII

Last edited:

Orphalesion

Yeah Pokemon has pretty awful world building when it comes down to how pretty much everything works. Like...what's the government even?? Are there countries or just "regions"? Who pays the gym leaders and elite four? And of course the often-cited food thing. If Pokemon battles are so popular, why does the league happen in such remote places without spectators?
There's heaps of stuff in that universe to which there's simply no answer or which doesn't make sense.

Though to be fair they seem to integrate the league into the region better this time around. It's a huge, popular sporting event that likely makes its money with ticket sales, merchandise, advertisement and sponsors.