• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I went to sleep in hopes for waking up tomorrow, but turns out only for an hour and a half, lol. However, it seems Ponyta's cry was heard? A Fire-type Ponyta wouldn't hang out in a forest, anyway.

I just remembered the first Harry Potter movie where Voldemort had to drink a Unicorn blood in order to stay alive at a strange forest. What if Ponyta is Fairy/Ghost and lore-wise is hunted? In Poké realm, it obviously would equate either one of Zangoose-Seviper (rivalry) or Heatmor-Durant (hunter-prey) situation.

TheLink

Eunie is as Eunie does.
On one hand this stream is realistically mimicking a "nature cam" and the glimpses we've been seeing of a new form reveal has been really fun speculation-wise.

On the other hand....it's a nature cam. With all the space of nothing happening that that entails.

Still dig it though.

SpiritSkye

#ShieldGang
Ah, so that was why you had gone quiet! lol
Edit: I probably should have quoted @WhiteBlair so this made sense XD

Orphalesion

I went to sleep in hopes for waking up tomorrow, but turns out only for an hour and a half, lol. However, it seems Ponyta's cry was heard? A Fire-type Ponyta wouldn't hang out in a forest, anyway.

I just remembered the first Harry Potter movie where Voldemort had to drink a Unicorn blood in order to stay alive at a strange forest as well. What if Ponyta is Fairy/Ghost and lore-wise is hunted? In Poké realm, it obviously would equate either one of Zangoose-Seviper (rivalry) or Heatmor-Durant (hunter-prey) situation.

Well the unicorn hunt IS a very prominent motive in Medieval tapestries and folklore (though in the Medieval version it was the horn, not the blood, people where after) I wouldn't be surprised if there's some lore to that effect.

Maybe that's how they became Fairy/Ghost types, they retreated into the glowing mushroom forest and became Fairy/Ghost types in order to blend in and escape their hunters better.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Hmmm, that cry sounds familiar but I can't place it.

SpiritSkye

#ShieldGang
It is nearly 6 AM in Tokyo. If things really do amp up when Japan wakes, then that’ll be fun.

Also, looking over my last few notes, we got activity @ 11:35, 11:42, 11:57, 11:59, 12:14, 12:29, 12:41, 12:49, 12:51, 1:15 and 1:28. So there seems to be a good pattern, also, it probably did seem jam-packed on paper.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Well the unicorn hunt IS a very prominent motive in Medieval tapestries and folklore (though in the Medieval version it was the horn, not the blood, people where after) I wouldn't be surprised if there's some lore to that effect.

Maybe that's how they became Fairy/Ghost types, they retreated into the glowing mushroom forest and became Fairy/Ghost types in order to blend in and escape their hunters better.

Agreed, but it would be the perfect opportunity for Game Freak to add elements from possibly what could famously define UK in-game aside football; Harry Potter.

Also, inevitably that means we need another Pokémon who would either rival or hunt Ponyta. If that is the case, I hope it's a new one and not an Alolan Marowak-Mandibuzz situation.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I don't know if I should laugh or cry because I'm holding off sleeping but all we got so far are just more lull-inducing scenes

SpiritSkye

#ShieldGang
So who did that cry belong to? :thinking emoji:

Inoshi

Pokemon Lover
Thanks, thanks, thanks... Sorry for not noticing before but I got bored and started doing other things and just came back...that impidimp tho...it it a serious candidate for my team (I love the little imp lol)

Orphalesion

Agreed, but it would be the perfect opportunity for Game Freak to add elements from possibly what could famously define UK in-game aside football; Harry Potter.

Also, inevitably that means we need another Pokémon who would either rival or hunt Ponyta. If that is the case, I hope it's a new one and not an Alolan Marowak-Mandibuzz situation.

Makes me wonder what type combination it could have if it was patterned after Voldemort in the first book... Dark/Poison? Ghost/Poison? Dark/Ghost? Ghost/Psychic?

Halkel

Experimentalist
I've been doing something else alongside the stream. There's a Grand Prix on CTR and the Final Competition for Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon to keep me busy, that and Hunting Shiny Celebi. Been too long for that. Anyways, I'm one of those who believe that mysterious pokemon that appeared once, maybe twice is a Galarian Ponyta, and the cry adds to it. It looked and moved (and trotted) like one to me.