• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

sketchersmeargle

I don't know if they were referred to as such but absolutely.

Alolan Vulpix Line - Alolan Sandshrew Line
Oddish Line - Bellsprout Line
Mantine - Skarmory
Lunatone - Solrock
Sableye - Mawile
Glameow Line - Stunky Line
Gothita Line - Solosis Line
Skrelp Line - Clauncher Line
Buzzwole - Pheromosa

Full list of Pokemon Counterparts here:

https://pokemon.fandom.com/wiki/Counter-part_Pokémon

Ultra Beast Lover

I’m kind of optimistic the starters will get more focus as USUM had that one scene before you took on the league where your starter jumped out of its Pokèball to reflect on your journey together & LGPE had the starters have little cutscenes like a scene similar to USUM where you stand outside the Pokèmon League , the premise of partner moves, and that one infiltration of TR’s base where you could directly control your Pokémon.
I could see there being a couple scenes like during a meeting with Bede, maybe during the big stadium scene etc.,

DSDark

Breeder
Seems like the popular opinion, but every time I hear more about Sobble I love it even more! It's definitely going to be my starter. The fact that is turns transparent when it enters water is so cool. I hope that gives more possibility to it being part ghost than part physic, cause I think that would be much better. And I just have this feeling it's going to be the Greninja or Inceneroar of this gen.

I love these videos. They've added so much depth to the starters. Hearing all the information about Scorbunny yesterday with the patches was absolutely great. I can't wait to starter with Scorbunny

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Psychic type.... what?

Anyways, it's dumb making it an exclusive. Sure Sirfetch is..... but Sirfetch is a NEW Pokemon. You'd have thought Shield would get something like that to counter it? Like Dunsparce...?

I swear if Dunsparce doesn't get an evolution....

XanderCage

Loose Cannon Cop
I don't necessary think that Ponyta and Farfetch'd are each others counterparts for exclusivity necessarily. I think we'll get a more shield based pokemon to counter Farfetch'd and a bulkier looking Dark pokemon for Ponyta.

SpiritSkye

#ShieldGang
We won't see their personality in game
When you look at Sobble and Grookey’s pages on the US website there are screenshots of Grookey smiling in a tree and Sobble crying by a pond, I went over those awhile back and believe it’s going to take place right before they line up for us to select our Starter as a way to show off their personalities a bit, and then there’s also the fistbump that Scorbunny did that seems to take place after being chosen, which I personally think points to them maybe focusing more on showing off the Starters’ personalities more in cutscenes.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
I take issue with some of those. If they weren't opposite version exclusives, opposite encounter ratings between paired games, or part of a choice between two similar creatures and trading was required to get the other, I don't feel they should be considered counterparts. Glaceon and Leafeon? Gardevoir and Gallade? Lickitung and Tangela? I don't view these as counterparts. Just my opinion though.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
There’s also the Chaney line. Seriously, how could they not be Fairy types? They spread happiness and luck which are two things fairies do in fairy tales and myths.
They're just walking eggs + concept of motherhood or whatever.

DSDark

Breeder
I don't necessary think that Ponyta and Farfetch'd are each others counterparts for exclusivity necessarily. I think we'll get a more shield based pokemon to counter Farfetch'd and a bulkier looking Dark pokemon for Ponyta.

I can see that. Also, with the hopes of Rapidash evolving that would given an imbalance to shield. So yes I would so that ponyta and farfetch'd are not counter parts. We also know that not every pokemon that can be caught in the glimwood tangle showed up on the 24 stream.

Those:

Farfetch'd is from sword and ________ is from shield

_________ is from sword and found in the glimwood tangle and G-Ponyta is from shield and found in the glimwood tangle

Dragon Pulse

I've never been so bothered about a typing since Zeraora (which should've been Electric/Fighting). Hopefully Galarian Rapidash will be Psychic/Fairy, but watch them troll us and make it Psychic/Flying.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Would have loved for it to be fairy type, but it being psychic type isn't a big deal. Hoping for it to be psychic/fairy type though when it evolves.

Grey Wind

Whaaaat is with the slow trickle of info? I know this has been discussed to death, but I'm really surprised at how little they're revealing. I thought for sure we'd at least see Impidimp today, and I really don't see why we haven't lol. The games are only a month away so hopefully the news cycle picks up soon.

Anyways, I'm surprised that it's pure Psychic like everyone else. I'd much prefer Psychic/Flying for Rapidash than Psychic/Fairy tbh, and I hope the fact that galarian Rapidash is quite a change from Ponyta is the reason they didn't show it.

MagicEspeon

P. F. Magician
I am very desperately hoping for a heraldic unicorn in Galarian Rapidash. I know literally every one else in the universe wants a pegasus or an alicorn but if I don't get at least one Pokemon blatantly based on heraldry in the Galar region I will be very disappointed. I'd be okay with it though if Rapidash simultaneously has wings and has more traditional unicorn traits like a lion-like tail.

If I cant get my unicorn I kinda want panther incensed but I highly doubt that will happen.
When it roars it lets out a sweet scent that attracts prey, which is in line with the field affect of the move Sweet Scent. I would like it to be some combination of Fire and Fairy, Poison or Grass.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I wonder what they did to Galarian Rapidash design wise...will it just be a taller ponyta or will there be something more to it?
I personally have two theories:
  1. Rapidash will stay a Psychic type but it’ll get a new evolved form based on an alicorn that’s a Psychic/Flying type
  2. Rapidash will become a Psychic/Fairy type & it’ll receive a Gigantamax form based on an alicorn (most likely resembling Princess Celestia)
  3. Rapidash will just become either a Psychic type or a Psychic/Fairy type without getting anything else
I know I’m a little deadset on the alicorn thing, & I’ll be fine if we don’t get it, but I REALLY feel like this needs to happen

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I don't know if they were referred to as such but absolutely.

Alolan Vulpix Line - Alolan Sandshrew Line
Oddish Line - Bellsprout Line
Mantine - Skarmory
Lunatone - Solrock
Sableye - Mawile
Glameow Line - Stunky Line
Gothita Line - Solosis Line
Skrelp Line - Clauncher Line
Buzzwole - Pheromosa

But how/when can we officially know whether Ponyta and Farfetch'd are each other's counterparts?

Grass/Rock, Fire/Electric and Water/Ghost

This is EXACTLY what I've been saying since February. One of the key points towards Rock and Electric as well is that in the last two generations, they seem to have been making a conscious effort (unless it was literally dumb luck that this happened) to add new types that haven't happened for starters before, adding Psychic, Dark, Fairy, and Ghost, so it really seems like they are, and Rock and Electric haven't happened yet so they might be next in line. (The others would be Normal, Ice, and Bug)

This list has a bunch that are not version exclusives, and also doesn't even include all the version exclusives that @AgentKallus mentioned.