• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros

axelme

one thing i was thinking about with regional forms is why some pokemon got them in an evolutionary line while some didnt. there's alolan raichu and exxegutor but no alolan pikachu or exxegcute. yet sandhsrew and sandslash and vulpix and ninetails have alolan forms.it really makes no sense that one form in an evolutionary line would be changed but the other one wouldnt. unless you're simply to lazy to design something for them.

i really doubt we will get galar caterpie and metapod yet we'll have galar ponyta and rapidash

Last edited:

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
Leaving the controversy aside, I'm really happy for the "first 90min" reviews.

Here is the the thing: I fully intend to have Galar be my last "Pokémon adventure".
I am just growing too old and I think is about time. Also everything lined up: my dream team was finally completed with the introduction of Grookey, I will be able to have multiple save states so I can actually replay the game, and now my favorite pokémon getting a new form (that will most likely not be present by the next gen) was the jewel in the crown. All I need to be sure SwSh will be my last stop is for the missing 2 members of my dream team to be confirmed as being in the dex - if they are not, I may consider skipping SwSh and taking my chances with the 3rd version.

So I don't really care about the general reception to this game, what it will mean for the franchise down the road, I just intend to have fun with this last game, make the most out of it, and leave on a high note. Hopefully SwSh are setting up to be the perfect games for that... as long as those 2 pokémon make it (c'mon, GF).

Lilligantastic

Like @Zachmac said a couple of pages back, why are people losing sleep over how well the games sell? You don't work for Game Freak. The only thing you should be concerned with is whether or not you enjoy the game.

I'm even more excited after reading some of these 90 minute reviews. They all seem impressed with the Wild Area in particular.

TrainerFuurin

WOOOOW, so many things to read all of sudden. And I like them all!

After a brief speech, undefeated Galar champion Leon emerges to begin a battle with a character I can’t yet discuss.
This character might be the Raihan guy on the official website? Anyway, this only confirms that there are still more important characters related to the story in the game. Might be just one of the gym leader?

I also loves how they show both of our Mom and Hop's Mom in one of the screenshot. Now, do you guys think we will get a Dad this time? xD

In the foggy Slumbering Weald, I run into a couple different types of new Pokémon, which I unfortunately can’t talk about. As I venture deeper into the woods, a mysterious creature appears before me. While I can’t spoil what happens, I eventually exit the Slumbering Weald, Wooloo by my side, and am back on track toward Wedgehurst.
So many new stuffs going on so early in the game!

In addition to healing your Pokémon through the nurse, you can also have their nicknames rated, rename them, or even delete moves. You can also access the PC and buy supplies in the shop.
A very welcomed QoL addition to the game <3

A Pokémon with a (barely noticeable) yellow glow will appear on very, very rare occasions in the wild (I only saw two of them, and only in the Wild Area, myself) and you'll get a bit of flavour text when the battle starts noting their apparent strength.
Nice to know that we can find some special Mons in the Wild Area as well.

For instance, during an early battle with Hop he interjects: “How did you know about type advantages?!”
Neat little addition as well, making the Pokemon battles more alive with the trainer interactions and comments.

Dang, I'm feeling the hype back now for sure! xD

Sponge

I think it's interesting that one of the first areas we explore seems to the foggy wood area from the trailers. (The Slumbering Weald place)

I wonder if we'll be able to catch ghost Pokemon right from the start?

Also on another note, it seems like the mysterious red elephant Pokemon that Rose throws out is part of the games introduction scene.

DSDark

Breeder
I like how one of the reviewers tried to grind up Sobble to see its evolution :p

Where did you see that?

I don't remember all of these town/place names being dropped before now:

Wedgehurst (Starting town)
Slumbering Weald (Forest-y area between town and wild area?)
Motostoke (First big city)

I'm glad we are finally hearing these!

Where did you see that?

And to think some thought the trailers were showing everything they could. :p

It was a concern. The amount of pokemon and forms shown compared to the last two has been very small. I'm glad that the doesn't appear to be the case

Lilligantastic

Where did you see that?

Where did you see that?

It was a concern. The amount of pokemon and forms shown compared to the last two has been very small. I'm glad that the doesn't appear to be the case
Over the last couple of pages people have been posting links to reviews. That's where these details have come from. Some publications have been allowed to play the first 90 mins of the game.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I think it's interesting that one of the first areas we explore seems to the foggy wood area from the trailers. (The Slumbering Weald place)

I wonder if we'll be able to catch ghost Pokemon right from the start?

Also on another note, it seems like the mysterious red elephant Pokemon that Rose throws out is part of the games introduction scene.
You could catch Ghost ‘Mon early on in Sun and Moon as well, so it wouldn’t surprise me.

Saddlers_End

DSDark

Breeder
Over the last couple of pages people have been posting links to reviews. That's where these details have come from. Some publications have been allowed to play the first 90 mins of the game.

I know that, I mean which site or video showed the names of towns, and which talked about trying to grind up sobble.