• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Julia Artemis

That dragon is obviously Rayquaza. I think it could be hinting at a Let's Go Pichu/Togepei. In lore there are connections to Rayquaza and Johto along with Hoenn. How cool would it be if they end up replacing Kanto with Hoenn in a Gold/Silver remake

Last edited:

Inoshi

Pokemon Lover
Well it's gonna be 1 minimum because there will be a launch trailer like usual and there are 4 Wednesdays left so that's 4 more opportunities for trailers if they stick with the Wednesday release schedule. So 1 to 4. But I'm think it's gonna be more like 2 or 3 because there's no way we're gonna go another 3 weeks without a trailer.
I think this one may be real. It doesn't look to far-fetched like many fake leaks that go out of their way to make stuff crazy cool and interesting. Everything I see here seems very plausible and as you say there are a few pictures that we can already link to stuff that has been officially revealed.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I wonder how many trailers there are left until release. There's only 25 days left until the games come out, a little over 3 weeks away.
If I had to guess, I Imagine the starters will have one soon (I'm surprised we haven't seen the second stages yet) and then maybe 2 or 3 more trailers showcasing some of the Pokemon we already have seen snippets of and then some evolutions.
I think that we will get 0 more trailers before release. Though I do expect notice by other means when the games are available for preload on the Eshop.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I wonder how many trailers there are left until release. There's only 25 days left until the games come out, a little over 3 weeks away.
If I had to guess, I Imagine the starters will have one soon (I'm surprised we haven't seen the second stages yet) and then maybe 2 or 3 more trailers showcasing some of the Pokemon we already have seen snippets of and then some evolutions.
Jeez, weird to think about how we’re only around three weeks away from release. :eek:

Anyways, I’d say we’re going to get one more official trailer at least, three at most. However, I’m also expecting game footage through things like overview videos (like the ones we got for Sun and Moon and USUM), previews from review copies, commercials, etc.

Dragon Pulse

That dragon is obviously Rayquaza. I think it could be hinting at a Let's Go Pichu/Togepei. In lore there are connections to Rayquaza and Johto along with Hoenn. How cool would it be if they end up replacing Kanto with Hoenn in a Gold/Silver remake
Not gonna lie, people seem to find the most outlandish "hints" towards any remake. That'd probably be the most random thing they could do to "hint" towards another Johto remake.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Just thought about how we’ll probably get one more Nintendo Direct before the year is over with(mainly because of Smash DLC). If we do get one, it’ll probably contain SwSh news or they’ll announce a trailer/Direct around that time.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Im sick of game freak giving all the gen 1 pokemon all the good stuff like do we really need another charizard form? I did like how they gave the zigzagooon family some more love by giving it a evolution and galar forms but they need to show some more love on other generations of pokemon

Doomseed

Lurks most of the time
It is monday.

And I really am hoping for more reveals these last four weeks.

Anyway. I do hope that despite the outrage these last few months that the sells on SWSH would still be good.

DSDark

Breeder
It is monday.

Anyway. I do hope that despite the outrage these last few months that the sells on SWSH would still be good.

The games are going to sell. However things like reviews will definitely help. Honestly SwSh is the first pokemon game that has had real criticism. How the games handle that criticism will decide how well it sells.

I will say this though having these games on the Switch will definitely help. So many people have a switch, so the better the games are the more likely non-pokemon people are to play.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

Ophie

Salingerian Phony

Starter evolutions have almost always been kept under wraps until the games are released. After that, though, they'll be promoted aggressively (and may get playable representation in a Smash Bros. game). I really wouldn't be surprised if we don't know anything about them besides their basic forms all the way until the 15th next month.

Pichu and Togepi? How is that supposed to work? They have even lower stats than Pikachu and Eevee. They wouldn't be usable to the end of the game unless they get an insane base stat boost. (And what does Rayquaza have to do with anything in Johto?)

Pichu and Togepi were Pokémon of their time though. They're not enduring pop culture icons like Pikachu is, or to a lesser extent Eevee. If they make Johto versions of Let's Go! (which I find doubtful, since Pokémon GO playership dropped off before Niantic could add in Generation II), it'd likely star Pikachu again and maybe someone else.

Im sick of game freak giving all the gen 1 pokemon all the good stuff like do we really need another charizard form? I did like how they gave the zigzagooon family some more love by giving it a evolution and galar forms but they need to show some more love on other generations of pokemon

The videos serve one purpose: to persuade people to buy Pokémon Sword and Shield. With the exception of the initial announcement, they've been aiming these videos at different potential buyers. The one in May/June 2019 (forgot which) was for people who get new Pokémon games for the new Pokémon. The one shown at the World Championships was aimed at competitive players, to show the potentially metagame-disrupting new things. The one part of the September 2019 Nintendo Direct was aimed at the people who want to bond with and play with their Pokémon. The nature-cam one is for people who are most interested in Pokémon biology (and there are a good amount out there). The one earlier this month showing Gigantamax Pikachu, Eevee, Charizard, Meowth, and Butterfree were aimed at the Generation I fans, fans of Pokémon GO and fans of Pokémon Let's Go!, who would otherwise give the game a pass or not know about Pokémon Sword and Shield at all if not for this video. (That last one, in particular. There were plenty of cases of people who had stopped playing since the original Kanto games or only played Pokémon GO and/or Let's Go!, found out about this video via word of mouth, and thought, "This looks so cool! I'm going to get Sword/Shield now!" THAT was the intended response and intended target audience of that video, not any of us here.)

That appears to be the approach this time. They make one video for each group of people who might by the video game. Chances are there was one video you really liked while the others were not quite as good.

In any case, I think there will be more Galarian forms for generations past I. They're focusing on that at the moment because those are the ones that will sell the most games. Perhaps there will be Galarian Patrat and Galarian Watchog, Galarian Helioptile and Galarian Heliolisk, and Galarian Duskull and the Pokémon it evolves from, but they won't sell games the way Gigantamax Charizard will.

agreed, I can now play it on my home console instead of just a handheld

Yep, and now I can actually record footage when I play. I haven't been able to do that since Pokémon Battle Revolution, since I don't have a means to record off the DS or 3DS.

Last edited:

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Just thought about how we’ll probably get one more Nintendo Direct before the year is over with(mainly because of Smash DLC). If we do get one, it’ll probably contain SwSh news or they’ll announce a trailer/Direct around that time.
Unfortunately, if we are to get another Direct before the year’s end, then it’s probably just gonna focus on a single game. Since Pokémon already had two Directs centered around it this year, I can’t see it getting another.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
I will be mad if the starter evolutions arent revealed until the games are released I though kukuis last pokemon would be one of there evolutions but I was wrong

Ignition

Unfortunately, if we are to get another Direct before the year’s end, then it’s probably just gonna focus on a single game. Since Pokémon already had two Directs centered around it this year, I can’t see it getting another.
You’re probably right. I’m somewhat optimistic since we don’t really have a lot of first party games for Nintendo outside of the BOTW sequel, Luigi’s Mansion (which would be out by then), SwSh, and Animal Crossing. But the odds aren’t high for a Direct, and definitely low for a Pokèmon centered one.

Dragon Pulse

Was somewhat optimistic for at least the first evolutions to be revealed, but oh well.
Pichu and Togepi were Pokémon of their time though. They're not enduring pop culture icons like Pikachu is, or to a lesser extent Eevee. If they make Johto versions of Let's Go! (which I find doubtful, since Pokémon GO playership dropped off before Niantic could add in Generation II), it'd likely star Pikachu again and maybe someone else.
If anything, I'd suggest Marill perhaps?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
You’re probably right. I’m somewhat optimistic since we don’t really have a lot of first party games for Nintendo outside of the BOTW sequel, Luigi’s Mansion (which would be out by then), SwSh, and Animal Crossing. But the odds aren’t high for a Direct, and definitely low for a Pokèmon centered one.

What if Tetris 99's Maximus Cup for November was themed on Pokémon Sword and Shield? Would that count?

(I don't think it's going to happen, for the record.)

That'd work, actually.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Was somewhat optimistic for at least the first evolutions to be revealed, but oh well.

Maybe Marill and Snubull? Magby and Elekid? Smoochum and Tyrogue? Sneasel and Gligar? Murkrow and Misdreavus? Miltank and Heracross? Phanpy and Teddiursa? Hoppip and Mareep? Wobbuffet and Dunsparce? Swinub and Houndoom? Corsola and Qwilfish? Aipom and Yanma?

Ignition

What if Tetris 99's Maximus Cup for November was themed on Pokémon Sword and Shield? Would that count?

(I don't think it's going to happen, for the record.)

That'd work, actually.
That’s actually a really good idea. I’ll be disappointed if this doesn’t happen

anjunajake

you were the sun & moon to me
To be quite frank, Pokémon is the biggest cash cow because of Pokémon GO, which Game Freak had almost nothing to do with. Don't give them credit for something they themselves did not achieve.

Yes, the loyalty of Pokémon's niche audience has allowed them to maintain impressive sales over the last 20 years, but that niche market was attached to a niche console, an affordable one at that. You can't place that same niche media on a grand scale and expect things to automatically go as well as before.

It seemed to work just fine for LGPE. Didn't they sell just as well as most main series games?

It is monday.

I don't think ANYONE needs to waste their own worries on sells. The games ARE going to sell regardless. This franchise is a long way away from anyone needing to worry about sales. Reviews are already good for the game, and even if they weren't it probably would still sell incredibly well. And as far as "outrage" goes, the games target audience (young children or their parents) is hardly stressing about any outrage, if they even know or care about it at all. We don't need to be worrying about sells, the whole matter is moot.

Anyway, we're only about a month out and my excitement in starting to increase. I know I'm in the minority but I'm okay not getting any more trailers until release. We're so close now, may as well let the rest be a surprise too.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Indeed. We have the infamous Zelda Cycle and the Sonic Cycle, in which fans complain about whatever is the newest game and say it's going to bomb, but it still sells really well, during which they move to quietly complaining, sometimes about society in general if it turns out to be a massive hit like Breath of the Wild or Sonic Mania. Then, when the next game comes out, the previous game will be held in high regard as the complainers move on to that next game.

What that means is that the people complaining about these games (and it's not just games--you see the same thing for movies, for books, for TV shows, everything) are a vocal minority. (Then again, Solo really did lose money, even though I fet it was pretty good as far as Star Wars movies go.)