• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Grass rock

landipan

I too am buying a Switch (lite since I don't really care about playing on the bigscreen enough to fork over an extra $100) just for Pokemon, and I guess really Animal Crossing too. But even without AC I'd still buy a Switch just to play the next gen or two.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I already have a Switch (the only games I really got it for was Smash, Mario Kart, Final Fantasy, & soon to be Shield) but I’m considering getting the Zacian/Zamazenta edition Switch Lite just so I don’t have to worry about playing Pokémon on the go with my current Switch

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
The starter typings we haven’t seen yet are

Electric

Normal

Rock

Ice

Bug

One could also say dragon though I count mega charizard and sceptile as Dragon
That's why I predict Rock and Electric are happening this time -- the last 2 gens have each introduced 2 new types

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I’m satisfied with the original model. I have two sets of Joy Cons for multiplayer games and I just want the Nintendo brand Pro Controller. I pretty much have everything else I need to enjoy the Switch. I do plan on buying the NES Controllers and four SNES Controllers at some point. I missed out on the voucher deal by two days. I just want to take advantage of the Online specials when they happen.

NeedsAName

That's why I predict Rock and Electric are happening this time -- the last 2 gens have each introduced 2 new types

Personally, I think Grass/Rock angry gorilla, Fire/Electric speedy bunny, and Water/Poison stealthy chameleon are good typings for the starters' final evolutions. This would also give each of the fully evolved starters a type to use against their former weakness, because Rock>Fire, Electric>Water, and Poison>Grass. However, given the leaks, these look very unlikely. Shame.

ScratchnSn1ff

i don't see Scorbunny going electric or Grookey going Rock the latter cos of the Affleck leak and feel like Sobble will be Water/Ghost, it just fits too well not to happen imo

Dragon Pulse

I already have a Switch (the only games I really got it for was Smash, Mario Kart, Final Fantasy, & soon to be Shield) but I’m considering getting the Zacian/Zamazenta edition Switch Lite just so I don’t have to worry about playing Pokémon on the go with my current Switch
Why's that? You can play Pokémon on the go already with the regular Switch though.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
That said, isnt it funny how for so long so many people moaned and cried for a mainline Pokémon game on a home console, and now that its a thing, all I hear are people who say "I'm glad the new portable Switch Lite is coming out/came out in time for Pokémon SS, Pokémon should be played as portably as possible..."

"I'm getting the Switch Lite just to play the new games on it"

:shakes head:

It was mentioned before, but they are different groups. The audience for Pokémon is so big that different people want different things out of it. To that end, for some, a home console game suits them better (such as those mainly interested in the story, the lore, and/or playing online), while for others, a handheld suits them better (such as those mainly interested in in-person battling, trading, or other connectivity features, and/or those with long commutes on public transportation). The Switch was created because Nintendo was aware of this divide as a system that can be both handheld and home. The Switch Lite, in turn, was created as a less expensive alternative for those interested strictly in the handheld part.

Tabletop is okay but since the screen is so small, you need to play really close to the system. To the point that you’re better off playing in handheld mode Because you’re playing a game with your face in a distance no more further away than it being in your hand. Tabletop is terrible for multiplayer games and Nintendo Labo and games that use the Toy Cons like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe are really the only games you can play in tabletop without it feeling too much like handheld mode only with detached Joy Cons.

I use tabletop mainly for games where I use a lot of motion controls, since I find it disorienting to have the screen move as I play. These games include Splatoon 2, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, ARMS, and Super Mario Odyssey. (And yes, I am one of those people who uses motion steering for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. For the record though, I see about half-and-half between handheld and docked for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe competitions where a television is not present, though I've been the only one in these competitions to use motion steering.)

And who I am doesn't matter, I just don't like off-topic discussions, especially if a mod is involved in such conversation.

Can we go back to an actual discussion about Pokémon now?

The discussion was about the viability of handheld versus tabletop on the Switch. Since Pokémon Swird and Shield are on the Switch and presumably can be played with either orientation (and docked, obviously), it was on topic, as it was originally about what is more convenient to play. The only one who drove the discussion off-topic was you.

It was a bit hard to bite the bullet. I'm actually not too big on video games aside from Pokemon, so convincing myself it was okay to spend 300 dollars to essentially JUST play Pokemon was tough but I think it'll be worth it. I hope the game looks good on the TV cause otherwise I will regret not getting the Switch Lite and that cool special Zacian and Zamanzenta edition! Lol.

You should take a look at pinball. $5,000 or more just to play the latest game.

I’m satisfied with the original model. I have two sets of Joy Cons for multiplayer games and I just want the Nintendo brand Pro Controller. I pretty much have everything else I need to enjoy the Switch. I do plan on buying the NES Controllers and four SNES Controllers at some point. I missed out on the voucher deal by two days. I just want to take advantage of the Online specials when they happen.

I need to eventually get a Pro Controller too, in case anyone wants to come over to play and they prefer it. Me, I have four Joy-Cons (two sets of two--the original red-and-blue one and the Splatoon 2 pink-and-green one) and no Pro Controllers.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
I don't think that sword and shield will get a third version/s but I guess time will tell.

I hope they add game difficulty’s.They could do Begginner,Normal,Expert

Sadly one of the Game informer interview confirmed that this will not be the case with SwSh, IIRC.

Hydrangea

ask me about my ocs pls
Staff member
i don't see Scorbunny going electric or Grookey going Rock the latter cos of the Affleck leak and feel like Sobble will be Water/Ghost, it just fits too well not to happen imo

Agreed. I'm hoping Scorbunny is pure fire like that one "leak" stated (Fire/Fairy would also be cool but I don't see it happening with the design). No clue how Grookey is going to end up.

Sobble could be Water/Ghost but if the "spy inspired" leak is to be believed it could end up being Water/Poison. (A little bit of a far cry, maybe, but I think it could fit)

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
Anyway is anyone going to be using the camp feature? Looks pretty boring imo
Me because I'm a filthy casual like that. :p
But in all seriousness I do hope we can pet them, I'd be a little disappointed if we can't. So I'm praying it just hasn't been shown in the trailers we got because petting's standard business in Pokemon's Amie-like features. If LGPE can make use of it, SwSh should too, otherwise it's a bit of a waste.

Last edited:

MagicEspeon

P. F. Magician
Honestly I wish more games would take advantage of the fact that the Switch has a touch screen, I really wanna be able to pet my Pokemon. Camp looks great visually but I think it would be a huge waste if Camp didn't use the touch screen even if the touch screen isn't used anywhere else in the game.

Last edited:

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Why's that? You can play Pokémon on the go already with the regular Switch though.
Yeah I know (I do it with Smash for in between classes) but I mainly want it for how comfortable it is and I don’t have to worry about switching out Joy Cons. Plus I really like the color

axelme

i have to say i used to be concerned how this game was going to get treated in the anime but i;ve basically given up on the anime after recent events so now i dont care. probably wont watch

i kind of wish this game brought back contests . i might be in the minority but i like them