• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I wanted to pre-order SW/SH. But because of saving as much money as possible while also selling as much stuff as possible, me and my GF decided not to pre-order the game untill we gather enough money to fix the bathroom in our house ( a total cost of 6000 euros). So it's gonna take a while before we buy SW/SH :-(

Unless our parents decided to buy us the game.

Sorry to hear that's happening! I hope you can get the bathroom repaired soon!

Jadgirl04

Lilac Dungeoneer
Because I wanna know what's in the games first before I go buying it.
We're still starved in terms of what's exclusive in what, and while the Pokemon for me can just be traded for such, I wanna know the OTHER exclusives in the games so I don't miss on something that could appeal to me a little more.

I'm doing exactly the same, there isn't enough version differences (aside from maybe Galarian Ponyta) to make a definite decision yet. I'm just hoping a copy gets out a few days before so I can still decide what version I want and pre-order to get it during my lunch break, otherwise I have to wait another day ._."

But what if Pokemon are very specific and hard to find, like Mareanie, it might take some time to find out. Plus...relying on "he said, she said" as your sole source of information is not really that nice.

Most pokemon show up in-game used by trainers, so you can still at least see them as "seen" in the pokedex! ^ ^ That's not always the case though so I get your point

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
I was hoping the early gift would be something better than a Meowth at least the other games gave out a Pokémon you can use through the entire play through while meowth is pretty weak

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I was hoping the early gift would be something better than a Meowth at least the other games gave out a Pokémon you can use through the entire play through while meowth is pretty weak
Maybe its Gigantamax form makes up for it. We don't know exactly what the effects of G-Maxing are, it could bring substantial stat boosts with it that could turn even a Pokemon like Meowth into quite the threat.

DannyDark

Eh, if money is an actual desirable and useful thing throughout these games, or there's a super expensive item to grind for, its Max Move while holding an Amulet Coin might be a great way to get money, repeating the League using it?

Zachmac

Maybe its Gigantamax form makes up for it. We don't know exactly what the effects of G-Maxing are, it could bring substantial stat boosts with it that could turn even a Pokemon like Meowth into quite the threat.
You can only Gigantamax in certain situations though. Its pretty limited.

I personally don't mind though. As much as I like Meowth I'm not just dying to have one on my team when there's a whole new region of new monsters to catch.

Orphalesion

Most pokemon show up in-game used by trainers, so you can still at least see them as "seen" in the pokedex! ^ ^ That's not always the case though so I get your point

That doesn't help me if I still don't know how/where to get them, what attacks they learn, if/how they evolve etc. etc. etc.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Is it not just an HP boost?

Dynamax is just a HP boost. Gigantamax actually outright changes the Pokemon's forms, and the blurbs given for the various Gigantomax Pokemon that have already been revealed lead me to strongly believe that there will be stat changes involved too (off the top of my head, Alcremie's blurb mentions that the cream covering its body in Gigantamax form is nearly impervious to physical attacks, suggesting a boosted Defense).

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

Are version exclusives also exclusive by version with respect to what in-game trainers have in game? (i genuinely don't know)

Saddlers_End

Are version exclusives also exclusive by version with respect to what in-game trainers have in game? (i genuinely don't know)

Unsure exactly what you mean with your question, but I think I know what you mean.

If it follows precedent from older games at all, there should be trainers in each game that have the exclusives from the other game. An example of this would be Solrock and Lunatone from Ruby and Sapphire, where in Ruby you found a trainer with Lunatone and in Sapphire you found a trainer with Solrock. I think it would be remiss of Game Freak if the made it so you could not at least see every single Pokemon without the use of online/trading.

Could be wrong though!

Edit: added some words

Kingudora

My favourite
I don't really worry about pokémon data (like stats, location, movesets etc.) because such things will be datamined as soon any of the right people can get access to the games.

What will probably take some time to cover however, are the different scripted events in the game. Especially those not immediately connected to the main plot.

While there will most likely be text dumps of the games as they get datamined, actually figuring out where or when certain dialogue will be used or how it gets triggered usually requires playing through the games.

TrainerFuurin

I'm going to pre-order the digital version of either Sword/Shield so I could play itu on day-1, then buy a physical copy for the other one. Haven't been able to do the purchase yet as I'm still contemplating between Sword or Shield due to lack of information regarding the version exclusives T_T

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I'm already avoiding Pokémon related boards to avoid leaks, just going to keep checking back on Wednesdays to see if something new appeared. Nothing this time, but I was already expecting that since the new schedule seems to be bi-weekly. If they keep it as it has been since mid-September, though, we should get some sort of teaser this Friday (like we got Sirfetch'd glitch and Ponyta's stream) followed by a proper reveal next Wednesday.

Time to decide if I will only stay away from leaks or also start avoiding official reveals by this point.

If that's the case, then the next one will be on October 30th. Better get a Ghost-type ready to show.

Glad NFS: Heat and The Sims 4: Discover University come out mid-November so, it'll be the perfect time for me to completely avoid leaks and distract my attention away from Pokémon.

Unfortunately, my physical copy of Double Pack arrives on November 20th.

Also, Ford vs. Ferrari comes out in theaters right on the day of Sword and Shield's release. Not sure if anyone here is going to watch it though. As far as Switch releases go, Skullgirls just came out earlier this week if you want something longer-term, and Luigi's Mansion 3 will be the system's biggest release between now and mid-November.

There's also Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD if you want, but frankly, that was the Monkey Ball game where the series started going downhill. A Hat in Time is also likely to occupy you for the following 22 days. Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideoutis the most recent major RPG released on the Switch, but you'll have to pay full price for it.

I wanted to pre-order SW/SH. But because of saving as much money as possible while also selling as much stuff as possible, me and my GF decided not to pre-order the game untill we gather enough money to fix the bathroom in our house ( a total cost of 6000 euros). So it's gonna take a while before we buy SW/SH :-(

Unless our parents decided to buy us the game.

Sounds like a pretty major fix. That should definitely take priority. Nothing beats having a good fully-functioning bathroom, and I'm not joking. You don't know what you've got until it's gone.

Maybe the Meowth will have higher stats than normal, like with Pikachu and Eevee. That Meowth does not evolve, so I think it's pretty likely they'll give it the stats to compensate. Not as high as Persian's probably, but enough to not be a liability midway through the game.

I don't think this Meowth is really meant to be a threat. Rather, considering its unique effect of providing extra money for the user, it comes across to me as something meant to be used in-game, rather than against other people.

Unsure exactly what you mean with your question, but I think I know what you mean.

If it follows precedent from older games at all, there should be trainers in each game that have the exclusives from the other game. An example of this would be Solrock and Lunatone from Ruby and Sapphire, where in Ruby you found a trainer with Lunatone and in Sapphire you found a trainer with Solrock. I think it would be remiss of Game Freak if the made it so you could not at least see every single Pokemon without the use of online/trading.

Could be wrong though!

Edit: added some words

There was one example. Well, technically two due to its nature.

In Black and White, there are no NPCs who use Rufflet, Vullaby, or Mandibuzz. Cynthia, in Undella Town, does use Braviary, however. As a result, if you're playing Black and you don't personally know someone with White, you'll need to use the GTS and ask for a Braviary due to having seen it in the Pokédex. If you're playing White, however, you're out of luck, as this was before the whole "Enter in the Pokémon's name, spelled correctly, to seek it out" part of the GTS.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
So new trailer reveals a bunch of old Pokémon that made it into the game (Shuckle, oxtillery, Scraggy, etc). The fact that we haven’t seen Garchomp or the other two kanto starters makes me wonder if they’re in...

...I also am really worried about Lycanroc and Leavanny. Love those two mons.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I believe its almost 100% guaranteed that Lycanroc is in because its a wolf.
Is the logic here supposed to be that Lycanroc is a wolf, and the legendaries are also wolves, therefore it's guaranteed to be in? Don't think that follows.