• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

DSDark

Breeder
I don't plan on playing this game in handheld, it would be rather irritating to have to take the system off the dock and turn it upside down just to evolve an Inkay.

It was already irritating having to flip the 3DS.
So when your inlay reaches the correct level you’ll just have to have your controller upside down

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I mean there's puzzles in the BOTW that require you to rotate the controller, so evolving one pokemon this way is not that big of deal in my opinion
Still not a fan of it. Especially if someone accidentally drops their system or joycons while trying to evolve one.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I don't like them myself either. But they are apparently hugely popular in Japan, so it's unlikely that they'll be going away.
I'm not a fan of them as well. Yea, which can be a bit frustrating.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
The joy-cons, and pro controller all have gyroscopes.

Yeah, that's why I said that, though it'll be annoying for anyone using a wired controller as they've to switch to a different control setup to evolve thier Inkay.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Imagine if you will....

You get to the point where you get given a fossil, it's an old gen fossil that you don't really want to use in your playthrough. So you choose a fossil(maybe an old favorite) and don't bother going to revive it, figuring maybe post game you may.
Then in the final league battle your opponent throws out a Pokemon that looks familiar, but also different, and this is because the fossils this gen have regional forms but no one told you.
How would you react (for the sake of the best reaction, assume the fossil you chose is that of your favorite fossil Pokemon and it's new, /Rock typing is a typing you would really enjoy on it.)?

DFang

27yr old Pokefan
I still want to know where the bulk of relevant ground types are especially since there have been no new Pokemon or regional variants with that typing revealed.

In addition to that, still no sign of Garchomp, Gliscor, the Nidos, Krookodile, Excadrill, etc. Lots missing from that camp.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I still want to know where the bulk of relevant ground types are especially since there have been no new Pokemon or regional variants with that typing revealed.

In addition to that, still no sign of Garchomp, Gliscor, the Nidos, Krookodile, Excadrill, etc. Lots missing from that camp.

Ground, Ice, Bug, I think all haven't seen a new rep yet. And not counting regional variants there haven't been any brand new Psychic, or Poison types either. Also Grass and Water both have new non-starter reps but Fire has nothing official.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I do hope they don't take too long to release the pre-load for the digital version. My bandwidth isn't the best and I want it the bulk of it installed on my Switch in time for the Nov. 15th launch

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I do hope they don't take too long to release the pre-load for the digital version. My bandwidth isn't the best and I want it the bulk of it installed on my Switch in time for the Nov. 15th launch

Agreed. I understand if they don't want to put the preload out too early in case someone figures out how to get into the files and whatnot.

But boy do I not want to have to be preloading on Nov.14th, let alone downloading on the 15th.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
So when are we supposed to get the digital copy? The horror is to wait for the download while others already have their physical copies :(
Cant we download the game before it's released ? I remember it was like that on the 3ds

DSDark

Breeder
So when are we supposed to get the digital copy? The horror is to wait for the download while others already have their physical copies :(

Cant we download the game before it's released ? I remember it was like that on the 3ds

Yes pre-loading is a thing and it will happen. It just won't happen until less then a week a way from release.

Agreed. I understand if they don't want to put the preload out too early in case someone figures out how to get into the files and whatnot.

But boy do I not want to have to be preloading on Nov.14th, let alone downloading on the 15th.

Pre-loading has never leaked a game. It's a two key system. The second key doesn't happen the 15th

Kingudora

My favourite
Pre-loading has never leaked a game. It's a two key system. The second key doesn't happen the 15th
Yeah, exactly. Like, it's not impossible to unlock the encryption, but it is very cumbersome and likely require more time than it would take for the games just to get released.

A datamine will be done from a physical copy that has been sold before the release date.

DSDark

Breeder
Yeah, exactly. Like, it's not impossible to unlock the encryption, but it is very cumbersome and likely require more time than it would take for the games just to get released.

A datamine will be done from a physical copy that has been sold before the release date.

Exactly. Someone will get an early copy and then data dump the game.