• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Bus

I decided to start up Pokemon Y about a week ago to play through as I wait for Pokemon Sword and Shield and was hoping to maybe restart my Shiny Collection (which was lost when I forgot the password to my Pokebank and it refuses to issue the email to reset it). I'm so happy I did, though. As I was running around through the forest near Laverre Town waiting for rain to evolve my Sligoo, I encountered a Shiny Goomy! I'm gonna have a Shiny Goodra!! I'm so freakin' happy; I love Goodra!

Sword and Shield is paying off in the Shiny Hunt already, huzzah!

Creyk

I decided to start up Pokemon Y about a week ago to play through as I wait for Pokemon Sword and Shield and was hoping to maybe restart my Shiny Collection (which was lost when I forgot the password to my Pokebank and it refuses to issue the email to reset it). I'm so happy I did, though. As I was running around through the forest near Laverre Town waiting for rain to evolve my Sligoo, I encountered a Shiny Goomy! I'm gonna have a Shiny Goodra!! I'm so freakin' happy; I love Goodra!

Sword and Shield is paying off in the Shiny Hunt already, huzzah!
Congrats. Goodra is one of the strongest pseudo legendaries.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
Something to keep in mind:

Someone does not even have to get a copy of the actual game to play/datamine for a leak.

Swsh is launching with a physical, printed strategy guide and pokedex. All it would take is for someone to peek at a few pages.

Strategy Guide? Yep, even if it comes out a week after SwSh launching.
Pokedex Guide? No, it won't come to the warehouse and stores until early December (it will be released in Dec. 20th).

Last edited:

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
I am just hoping swsh doesn't have any 'must trade to evolve' methods.

I'm personally hoping for no new Friendship evolutions myself. They just take forever without Friendship cafe in S/M

In Pearl i made it all the way to Pastoria City and my Budew wouldn't evolve even at level 20ish. I made sure to play in the morning, day, night every time of the day trying to get the thing to evolve

ShadowForce720

I'm personally hoping for no new Friendship evolutions myself. They just take forever without Friendship cafe in S/M

In Pearl i made it all the way to Pastoria City and my Budew wouldn't evolve even at level 20ish. I made sure to play in the morning, day, night every time of the day trying to get the thing to evolve

Just pointing this out in case you didn't know this about Budew, besides raising it's friendship and leveling it up, it also has the requirement of all evolving in the day time. Basically once you get it's Friendship/Happiness value to 220(which I'm presuming is the maximum amount you can have) you will then need to level it up in the day time in order for it to evolve into a Roselia.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Just pointing this out in case you didn't know this about Budew, besides raising it's friendship and leveling it up, it also has the requirement of all evolving in the day time. Basically once you get it's Friendship/Happiness value to 220(which I'm presuming is the maximum amount you can have) you will then need to level it up in the day time in order for it to evolve into a Roselia.

I know. I tried a few times at 8am-Noon, it Just refused to evolve. Was also my first "evolve at a certain time" Pokemon way back when. The nighttime attempts were when i thought it was just Friendship.

I eventually gave up on it and grabbed a Cherubi from the GTS

TrainerFuurin

I do hope they don't take too long to release the pre-load for the digital version. My bandwidth isn't the best and I want it the bulk of it installed on my Switch in time for the Nov. 15th launch
Me hoping for the very same. Such live in third world country :')

DannyDark

Which one is the Weakest?

Huh, I know you didn't ask me, but an interesting question to compare the pseudos.

In terms of weakest.. as much as I love it.. Maybe Tyranitar? The x4 weakness to Fighting is such a huge disadvantage with its low-ish speed. Though I don't remember enough about Kommo-o to know how it'll perform without its Z-Move. Metagross is decent but nothing particularly special without its Mega?

My favourite to use is absolutely Dragonite though.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
All this talk about Psuedos is making me wonder what Galar's Psuedo will be like.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Something tells me I'm gonna have to do a lot of talking to NPCs to get all the backdrops for the league cards.

I'm assuming we have to travel to each city to get a backdrop for it. I also assume we'll have to collect/unlock a great portion of the options. I'm totally cool with that, though. I aim for this card to be 100% bomb as hell.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I don't plan on playing this game in handheld, it would be rather irritating to have to take the system off the dock and turn it upside down just to evolve an Inkay.

It was already irritating having to flip the 3DS.
It’s an easy!

Now I say what’s irritating is Sliggoo’s evolution requirement requiring rain! Especially if the Wild Area is the only place to rain and it’s all random there! Alola at least had the route near Po Town that rained constantly and the town itself.

Marzbar

OMG people. Seriously. Get over the evolution methods. How often are you going to need to flip the console upside down to evolve something? Literally ONCE in the entire play through of the game and that’s ONLY if Malamar is on your team or if you want to complete the Pokédex. How hard is it to get your butt off the couch to pick up the handheld version and flip it when you know you want to evolve something? Which can just be done next level if you somehow forget the first time. The same goes for evolving Sliggoo in rain, which will only ever need to be done ONE time in your playthrough, in a game that is notorious for having rainy areas, and only if you actually want a Goodra. How hard is it to ask literally any Pokémon player in the world, including this entire forum of them, to trade with you to evolve something? Evolving methods make the game slightly more interesting and challenging.

I know I complain a lot on here, but at least my complaints are valid....

Clearly we are running out of decent SwSh topics to discuss.

FlygontheRavager

#1 Pokémon Anime Fan!
OMG people. Seriously. Get over the evolution methods. How often are you going to need to flip the console upside down to evolve something? Literally ONCE in the entire play through of the game and that’s ONLY if Malamar is on your team or if you want to complete the Pokédex. How hard is it to get your butt off the couch to pick up the handheld version and flip it when you know you want to evolve something? Which can just be done next level if you somehow forget the first time. The same goes for evolving Sliggoo in rain, which will only ever need to be done ONE time in your playthrough, in a game that is notorious for having rainy areas, and only if you actually want a Goodra. How hard is it to ask literally any Pokémon player in the world, including this entire forum of them, to trade with you to evolve something? Evolving methods make the game slightly more interesting and challenging.

I know I complain a lot on here, but at least my complaints are valid....

Clearly we are running out of decent SwSh topics to discuss.

As overly harsh as that was, I agree. The methods for evolving Inkay and Sliggoo aren’t THAT inconvenient (although in Sliggoo’s case, it would be a much-appreciated improvement if rain caused by moves and not just in the overworld also counted towards its evolution).