• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

DSDark

Breeder
I love doing legit trades. I've also had a lot of success with using the gts as means to get trades with people here. Gamefreak needs to be more careful with the gts asking. They have to set more constraints on what can and can not be traded. If it's unobtainable that it shouldn't be ask-able. Also I think the GTS needs a time limit. After a certain amount of time the pokemon goes back to the owner, maybe sixth months?

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
"bUt TrAdInG iZ aBoUt FrIeNdShIpZ !!!!"...somehow, despite it mostly happening between strangers over the GTS that can't even talk to each other or will ever interact with each other ever again...
Plus it's another incentive to get people to buy both versions of the game, and they're not gonna let go of that.
Yep and I plan on doing so minus having a second Switch. So I have to rely on Home.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
On the 3DS I'm at least lucky enough to have both Sun and Ultra Sun, so I can trade myself over the GTS with only one 3DS. Having multiple games is also beneficial for breeding reasons. But we have no clue yet how that's going to work on the Switch. If they do third versions they'll probably have a compatible GTS between Sword and Shield and the third versions, but if instead they'll do Sinnoh games with an entirely different dex from the Galar dex having a compatible GTS between them is far from certain, they might have separate GTS or even disjoint trading systems only allowing transfer through Home. And such separate dexes wouldn't really work properly for breeding reasons regardless because you want to have your pokémon compatible in both game files.

Last edited:

BCVM22

It was not like that for the 3DS, no. 3DS save files were saved on the game cards themselves.

but if instead they'll do Sinnoh games with an entirely different dex from the Galar dex having a compatible GTS between them is far from certain, they might have separate GTS

Remakes and the GTS have existed simultaneously since 2009 with no “separate GTS” between games, so I’m uncertain as to why you’d conclude “okay but THIS TIME they might do that.”

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Remakes and the GTS have existed simultaneously since 2009 with no “separate GTS” between games, so I’m uncertain as to why you’d conclude “okay but THIS TIME they might do that.”
Because this will be the first time the dexes will be largely incompatible with each other. In every past generation all the pokémon were exactly the same across the entire generation aside from a minute amount of exceptions.

BCVM22

Or, with the leave-a-Pokémon/search-for-a-Pokémon way the GTS works, your game simply prevents you from seeing any GTS listings for Pokémon otherwise unavailable in your current game.

Long, long way to go before we start worrying about how games that don’t exist yet might handle their GTS.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Or, with the leave-a-Pokémon/search-for-a-Pokémon way the GTS works, your game simply prevents you from seeing any GTS listings for Pokémon otherwise unavailable in your current game.

Long, long way to go before we start worrying about how games that don’t exist yet might handle their GTS.
The GTS is the transfer method I use between my current games and is vital to my playing experience. Multiple games that I can transfer in between are similarly vital, for trade evolution and breeding reasons. Dexit is already ruining a lot of that. Third versions might patch it up somewhat since once they come out originals should drop in price like Sun and Moon did, but if Sinnoh remakes are made instead their dexes will be largely incompatible and I probably won't buy any of them, especially with the Sinnoh Dex only being like 200 big.

DSDark

Breeder
The GTS is the transfer method I use between my current games and is vital to my playing experience. Multiple games that I can transfer in between are similarly vital, for trade evolution and breeding reasons. Dexit is already ruining a lot of that. Third versions might patch it up somewhat since once they come out originals should drop in price like Sun and Moon did, but if Sinnoh remakes are made instead their dexes will be largely incompatible and I probably won't buy any of them, especially with the Sinnoh Dex only being like 200 big.

Then you use home to move things along. There will always be a method to use. As for trade evolutions there's reddit and the these forums

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Then you use home to move things along. There will always be a method to use. As for trade evolutions there's reddit and the these forums
Yeah right, as if I'd trust strangers on these forums for my trade evolutions when half of the people on the trade forums here are clearly offering illegitimate junk. My experience with trading on these forums is abysmal. And Home presumable doesn't transfer items along, just like Bank doesn't do that unlike the GTS.

Last edited:

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I mean, did you really expect it?

Cloning was such an issue prior to Gen 6, Game Freak would've been a fool to allow cloud saves with Pokémon.

Should I have bolded the first part to be more clear?

Regardless, I'm open for alternatives in HOME to save important bits of my data. It basically locks you to your Switch and complicates the process of buying a new device if you are only a Pokémon-oriented console player.

Inoshi

Pokemon Lover
Hace they announced already how much Pokemon Home will be? Or anything at all about the app aside from it to be Pokemon Bank version 0.2?

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Preloading for NA is supposed to be up now ( There was a reddit post that I can't link at this time and according to gonintendo). I know what I'll be doing when I get home from work :)
I'm already on it. Currently at 90% downloaded as of typing this.

EEEEEEEE! :D