• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
So Dynamaxable Pokémon can be caught anywhere but it's random, but Gigantamaxable Pokémon are only catchable through Max Raid battles? And Max Raid Battles can either have a Dynamaxable or Gigantamaxable Pokémon when you enter the battle?

sketchersmeargle

So Dynamaxable Pokémon can be caught anywhere but it's random, but Gigantamaxable Pokémon are only catchable through Max Raid battles? And Max Raid Battles can either have a Dynamaxable or Gigantamaxable Pokémon when you enter the battle?

Any pokemon can dyanmax using your dynamax band. Nothign random about it.

as for the other two, you are correct. But again any Pokemon can dynamax.

sketchersmeargle

what does the dynamic level do and how can you increase it?Is it different for every pokemon?

I believe it is different, as in, max raids will allow you to catch pokemon at a certain dyanamax levels.

But what it means is, the higher the dynamax level, the more hp the pokemon will have in its dynamax form. You can boost it by giving your pokemon dynamax candies.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Any pokemon can dyanmax using your dynamax band. Nothign random about it.

as for the other two, you are correct. But again any Pokemon can dynamax.

ohhhhhhhh ok thanks. I thought that only Pokémon with some sort of "dynamax gene" or something could dynamax. I must have gotten it mixed up with G-Max

Bus

I think i read somewhere that postgame opens the dex to around 623?
Nothing has come out to back that up unfortunately, so people have given up hope of that being true.

Volcarona1994

I wonder if once you breed a Pokemon with the ability to G-max, its eggs/babies have the ability to G-max too. Do we know anything about it?

WeepingHallows

i hope they use something similar to the PSS in X and Y I liked how you could accept trade requests and see who's online while playing the game.Festival Plaza you had to be in there the whole time which was boring while waiting for your friend to connect.

I was rereading some information here on Serebii and the PSS will be in, but it'll be called Y-Comm. The info on Serebii says the following "Y-Comm is the successor to the PSS and is the area for the connection to other players. This works through local wireless or through the Internet. The Y-Comm can be accessed at any time by pressing the Y button. This allows you to get into a feed with all connected players. Here, you can organise trades, local battles and Max Raid Battles. On the field, you can have the Y-Comm on where notifications will pop up. This will show you if your friends are wanting to battle, trade, do a Max Raid Battle and even show if they caught a Pokémon. In addition to this, when a player is connected through the Y-Comm, you can encounter the players in the Wild Area. When there, they will often given you items."

Wonder Trade is also back, but under a new name, Surprise Trade. "In Generations 6 & 7, there was a feature called Wonder Trade and it makes a return here as Surprise Trade. Surprise Trade lets you put a Pokémon in your box flagged as willing to trade and will automatically send the Pokémon out while you're playing the game and inform you later if there is a trade"

Off topic, but I finally got a Switch today. The guy at the store asked me if I was getting ready for Pokémon.

Awesome! I've been sitting around practically all day waiting for FedEx to deliver my nephews Switch. I hate when FedEx is responsible for the deliveries to my house. They're so much worse than UPS.

Dragon Pulse

This has probably already been answered, but in order to trade do you need to pay for an Nintendo Switch Online subscription?

ShadowForce720

This has probably already been answered, but in order to trade do you need to pay for an Nintendo Switch Online subscription?

If your talking about online trading then yes you would need a Nintendo Switch Online subscription. However you don't need a Nintendo Switch Online subscription to trade locally offline. Basically to use any one feature or a feature that requires you to be online your going to need to get a Nintendo Switch Online subscription.