• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
The problem with negativity is that too much of it becomes pessimism, and pessimism is a self-fulfilling prophecy. If you've already convinced yourself a game will be awful, then it will become exceeding difficult for you to be persuaded otherwise. Getting too hung up on it gets stressful to, and no video game is worth that. Then there's the problem that negativity is contagious and that inflates its issues.

I have too many far more important issues in my life to be stressing out over video games. The fact that I can't talk about some silly fictional monsters without having more negativity thrust upon me is not something I need right now.

Criticizing the game is fine. Sharing and discussing issues you might have with (in a civil manner) it is also fine. Writing polite letters or tweets sharing your criticisms with the developers is also fine. But constantly thrusting negativity upon the community in hopes of drawing out an emotional response creates a toxic atmosphere that it harmful for everyone involved.

The dexit crowd have already decided this is the worst video game ever made regardless of what happens in the future.

And yes this negativity is spreading at an alarming rate, I saw the Pokemon subreddit, and good lord the negativity; definitely not making a reddit acct now. No game is worth being this mad over.

I see only 2 ways this ends; 1. The dexit crowd simply runs out of steam and moves on their next greivance (Pokemon or otherwise). Or 2. We see a repeat of the KyoAni incident cause the movement decided to go extremist or one guy in Japan snaps (and not the thanos variety) over the extreme attitudes. I mean gamefreak workers are apparently afraid to go out in public now,don’t u think that’s a little much? If true it’s not that farfetch’d (pun intended) to assume this behavior only escalated until someone gets hurt and/or killed, and even then I can see people saying it was deserved.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I looked abit at the leaked streaming and the games look beautiful....

Marzbar

How do we feel about not being able to catch certain levels of Pokemon until you've beaten a specific gym? For example in Sword you can't catch level 40 or above until you've beaten the Fighting gym. The Pokeballs give you an error message of sorts if you try.

I don't think I like this..... seems like they try and force you to play linearly, and also, you'll be hoping you don't run into a high level shiny!!

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I heard that it’s actually that only Pokémon up to level 40 will spawn when you have the badge, but I could be wrong.

SwordDude

There’s a difference between saying “I wish I could bring my old Pokémon to SWSH” and “GAMEFREAK IS LAZY AND SHOULD BE REPLACED BY ANOTHER DEVELOPER #BBND” most of what Gets elevated is the latter and you know what happens? They get blocked or ignored and all that negative energy and “criticism” goes to waste.

I'm pretty sure that many dexit people started out with the positive however as we all know gamefreak rarely listens. wich is why people are so extreme this time around since they rarely have listned in the past and this time the change has huge consequences for future series it's not something small.

if not for critique I highly doubt for example mega evolutions would have made a return in ultra sun and moon. would gamefreak have listened if fans would have asked nicely in what kind of illusion do some people live. far less extreme than in this case but still people where very dissapointed when that happened. they did not only give positive critique

in alpha omega ruby the battlefrontier was a statue a work in progress that will never return ever it seems. do people want such a scenatio again. current situation is far worse than the battle frontier however it doesnt even come close.

Last edited:

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
How do we feel about not being able to catch certain levels of Pokemon until you've beaten a specific gym? For example in Sword you can't catch level 40 or above until you've beaten the Fighting gym. The Pokeballs give you an error message of sorts if you try.

I don't think I like this..... seems like they try and force you to play linearly
What do you mean by this? I don't see how it's in effect any different from how you would usually not even encounter pokemon past a certain level depending on how far you are in the story. Either way you couldn't catch them. This just adds a bit of risk if you encounter something of a high level that you can't run from and it wipes your team out.

The pokemon games have also always been pretty linear (barring the first gen where you could do certain gyms out of order).

SwordDude

they have to implement that feature wild area kinda open since there are no hm moves anymore. besides you'll beat 8 gyms fast enough the main story isn't long in these games.

besides your forgetting gen 4 you could do some gyms out of order in that gen aswell and the pokemon would have different lvl's depending on how late or early you fight certain gyms

janejane6178

they have to implement that feature wild area kinda open since there are no hm moves anymore. besides you'll beat 8 gyms fast enough the main story isn't long in these games.

besides your forgetting gen 4 you could do some gyms out of order in that gen aswell and the pokemon would have different lvl's depending on how late or early you fight certain gyms
The gyms in Swsh are out of order?

Ryuuma

What do you mean by this? I don't see how it's in effect any different from how you would usually not even encounter pokemon past a certain level depending on how far you are in the story. Either way you couldn't catch them. This just adds a bit of risk if you encounter something of a high level that you can't run from and it wipes your team out.

The pokemon games have also always been pretty linear (barring the first gen where you could do certain gyms out of order).

But if you cannot catch high lv pokemon, why they introduce it in the game in the first place? They are just adding a punishment.

I know the othe games are linear, but now we have the wild area. It is a area that you could feel you can explore. But if you go there just to have your team wiped by high lv pokemon, what is the matter? If they are introducing a high risk mechanic, this should have been done with a high reward one.

Maybe some information are missing about that, but considering what we haveright now. It feels like the made a big area and are punishing players for exploring it too early.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Bear in mind this is from the google translated page of the Wild Area Research, but..

nhabxeQ.png

So possibly we can't take a Pokemon's inclusion in that as proof it will actually be in the Wild Area?
In the Friend Safari you could get the middle stages of the Kalos starters.

SwordDude

The gyms in Swsh are out of order?

in the older games gyms being out of order would probably be mistakes by gamefreak.

So I'm pretty sure it's a fixed order in this game but take my comment on that with a grain of salt since sword & shield is supposed to be different in terms of gyms and champion battles

janejane6178

diamond & pearl ruby & sapphire aswell. pretty sure platinum aswell

you could even skip wally entirely in ruby & sapphire and beat him after becoming the champion
Omg? Really? I had no idea and I played these games so many time LOLLL
Isnt it good that the gyms are our of order? That way the games are less linear

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
diamond & pearl ruby & sapphire aswell. pretty sure platinum aswell

you could even skip wally entirely in ruby & sapphire and beat him after becoming the champion
Gen 1 And its remakes let you challenge Gyms out of order after Vermillion City. Sure you need to beat Koga to get to Cinnabar Island to challenge Blaine but you can defeat him before going for Sabrina. Giovanni is the only Gym Leader that you cant challenge out of order.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Omg? Really? I had no idea and I played these games so many time LOLLL
Isnt it good that the gyms are our of order? That way the games are less linear
Doesn't really matter, there's not much point. You'll have to come back to those gyms at some point and if you're then 20 levels higher than their strongest pokémon, there's no fun in that gym battle at all.

Noy

I think the Pokemon that are over level are supposed to be the Pokemon that are consider "too strong to catch". I think the concept is that some Pokemon on the field are unusually strong compared to the rest; such that as you get badges the levels for both go up. but there might be a min level that overrides this behavior; causing all Pokemon, or certain types in the area impossible to catch.

But yeah I agree allowing a shiny to be too high a level and thus un-catchable, to be bad game design.