• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

bigdaddy95

There was a recent Reddit post that made me laugh showing Zacian and Zamazenta’s actual walking pattern in game. My expectations for Gamefreak weren’t that high anymore but damn I didn’t expect the wolves to turn around 360 degrees like N64 characters where they slide lmao. Not gonna post it here since it’s not allowed, but if anyone is interested, you’ll find it under the r/Pokémon subreddit.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
There was a recent Reddit post that made me laugh showing Zacian and Zamazenta’s actual walking pattern in game. My expectations for Gamefreak weren’t that high anymore but damn I didn’t expect the wolves to turn around 360 degrees like N64 characters where they slide lmao. Not gonna post it here since it’s not allowed, but if anyone is interested, you’ll find it under the r/Pokémon subreddit.
Sounds like Monster Hunter when the monsters aren't fighting.

welcometorapture

Wow, I just learned exp. share is always on. I am super disappointed with that. Hard mode when GameFreak ...

welcometorapture

Pokemon red: *laughs in alakazam*

Seriously get one first chance u get an nothing can touch u for the rest of the game. Even as they learned to balance Pokemon is baby’s first jrpg so why does everyone expect dark souls difficulty?

Sure, I get that. I don't expect Dark Souls difficulty, but I don't understand why the choice is just taken away from me. I just wanna griiiind man, if you give the option to turn it off or on everyone's happy.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Speaking of the starters, I think it is highly possible they will be event Max Raids later down the line, and having their hidden abilities available in this way.

That's what I'm expecting too--not necessarily of the starters, but that there will be Max Raid Gigantamax periods occuring throughout at least the next 12 months. When the Corviknight/Drednaw/Butterfree period ends, they'll roll out the next one. And I'm cool with that, as long as I remain informed of it. I have compared Max Raid Battles to Splatoon 2's Salmon Run mode a few times now; in Salmon Run, each month introduces a new item of clothing, all of which are three-star (maximum sub-ability slots). That was a pretty nice system and a way to keep people playing, and I'll be pleased if they keep this system for Max Raid Battles too.

I see only 2 ways this ends; 1. The dexit crowd simply runs out of steam and moves on their next greivance (Pokemon or otherwise). Or 2. We see a repeat of the KyoAni incident cause the movement decided to go extremist or one guy in Japan snaps (and not the thanos variety) over the extreme attitudes. I mean gamefreak workers are apparently afraid to go out in public now,don’t u think that’s a little much? If true it’s not that farfetch’d (pun intended) to assume this behavior only escalated until someone gets hurt and/or killed, and even then I can see people saying it was deserved.

Though copycat crimes do sometimes happen, the people who attempt them tend not to be too bright, since a major incident means people are more prepared for if it happens again. For the first one, though, trust me--I've been in fandoms like Sonic, MLP:FiM, and other ones that get torn apart when the fans get disappointed--they don't run out of steam. There is always a small contingent that will continue to complain and nitpick everything. That being said, that contingent soon becomes insignificant as they just kind wind up shouting into the wind after a few years. But that's why they're fans. They're intensely passionate about what they're a fan of, and they've made it a part of their lives.

party icons are live.
Interesting points of information G-farfetch'd confrimed, g-mime jr does not exist and zen mode g-darmantan is a thing. Other g-maxxes confirmed. Snorlax, melmetal, orbeetle, toxtricity, and sandaconda

Do you mean that Mime Jr. exists as normal or that Galarian Mr. Mime has no evolutionary stages below it?

Why only Alolan and Kanto trios?

Most likely, the Bulbasaur and Squirtle lines got in because they're the most famous and most recognizable, while the Alolan starts got in because they're the next most recent group.

A Pokemon can love you without Return needing to be available to use. LGPE showed that with how well its affection/friendship worked without it.

Friendship is just a hidden stat, it's not a big gamechanger to have moves based off it removed. You can still raise/lower it and use it to evolve 'mons that evolve to represent its bond to you (Espeon and Umbreon for instance). Two moves don't remove all of that.

Return, on the other hand, has been a staple Normal-type move for a long time, placed onto Normal Pokémon for STAB. If you can't use Return, then there has to be some other strong Normal-type move to compensate. I don't think anyone will really miss Frustration, but it seems odd to not have Return and then have nothing to replace it.

It matters if you want your Pokémon to survive a battle. How can pokemon being really uncompetitive in battles make it more fun? You can’t use your favourites without losing every time

Weren't you an advocate of using Pokémon other people weren't using? I mean, that's how I play my Pokémon battles online too. If people are brushing this generation's Pokémon off the way they did with Alola's, that's only more fuel for someone like me.

Don't judge pokémon purely by speed or base stat total. Viability is much deeper than that, and base stat total says relatively little. Togedemaru for instance only has 435 base stat total if I recall correctly, yet it's quite a popular pokémon in doubles.

I used Togedemaru in Generation VII to fight Celesteela. Togedemaru wins every time. They never switch out Celesteela for something else, which would be the smart thing to do. They're overconfident in Celesteela's capacity to outdo Togedemaru despite the little guy having an incredible type advantage, Speed advantage, and control advantage in moves like Zing Zap and Spiky Shield.

A more extreme example would be (classic) Dugtrio, which has remained a competitive staple for a long time despite having a base stat total of 405, since it has exactly what is needed to trap and take down Electric-types. (At least until they stopped using Arena Trap.) Of course, it was pretty easy to see Dugtrio's viability with its powerful Ability. The Galarian ones are less obvious, barring a few of them.

When can we expect the preorders to start shipping? I pre-ordered from Pokemoncenter and apparently today is the last day to preorder with a release date "guaranteed" delivery. Does that mean that they may start shipping as soon as tomorrow?

Cross-country shipping takes 2 to 3 days, assuming no big delays. Hence, Tuesday should be when the shipping companies should start mailing out copies. Of course, you still have to account for the packages arriving late. Someone I know just got Luigi's Mansion 3 this past Sunday, for instance, even though he was supposed to get it on its intended release of October 31st.

Me, I live in an area with a fairly high crime rate, so I have to make sure anything I buy online arrives securely. Doing so still doesn't prevent the couriers from treating the packages roughly though; there is also a tendency for boxes to arrive damaged, books and magazines to arrive soaking in the rain, etc.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Weren't you an advocate of using Pokémon other people weren't using? I mean, that's how I play my Pokémon battles online too. If people are brushing this generation's Pokémon off the way they did with Alola's, that's only more fuel for someone like me.
If you look at battle spot popularity, Alolan pokémon have consistently ranked as the most common generation pokémon in the top 30 by far, both normalised to total number of pokémon in a generation and in absolute numbers. There have been times where close to half the pokémon in a certain format in the top 30 were Alolan. Despite all the complaints about being slow, a lot of them were consistently popular. Mimikyu has taken over the number 1 spot in singles for a long time. Incineroar has been number 1 in any doubles format, and even having a type disadvantage to both Primals didn't stop it one bit. Several pokémon like Togedemaru, Tsareena, Oranguru, Lurantis, Toxapex, Kommo-o, all Tapus, and a lot of the Ultra Beasts have all been popular in the top 30. Charjabug is overlooked but an excellent speed control pokémon in doubles granting a power boost to special attackers next to it, with an Eviolite it is bulkier than Toxapex. Alolan Ninetales peeked in the top 30 from time to time and is an excellent Hail setter with a lot of speed, Aurora Veil access, and covering Fighting types with Moonblast and Water types with Freeze-Dry. Looking at the statistics, there is no foundation whatsoever to say that Alola didn't grant good pokémon, Alola granted statistically the best pokémon. And even those below the top 30 were oftentimes good.
I used Togedemaru in Generation VII to fight Celesteela. Togedemaru wins every time. They never switch out Celesteela for something else, which would be the smart thing to do. They're overconfident in Celesteela's capacity to outdo Togedemaru despite the little guy having an incredible type advantage, Speed advantage, and control advantage in moves like Zing Zap and Spiky Shield.
Doesn't Celesteela often run Flamethrower? I can still see Togedemaru winning though, especially if it gets Zing Zap flinches.
Return, on the other hand, has been a staple Normal-type move for a long time, placed onto Normal Pokémon for STAB. If you can't use Return, then there has to be some other strong Normal-type move to compensate. I don't think anyone will really miss Frustration, but it seems odd to not have Return and then have nothing to replace it.
It's a loss, sure, but I think most Normal types have replacements like Double Edge or Body Slam. Facade is also there, although it is somewhat situational.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Meh, after how slow everything was in Alola, I'm just happy for a speedy starter. Everything else is a bonus xD.

SpiritSkye

#ShieldGang
To everyone that posts in here.

Please refrain from posting images of leaked Pokemon. Even if you post spoiler tags around the leaked image it is not allowed. Linking to other websites that provide images of leaked Pokemon is not allowed either.

At the top of the forum you'll see a message from Serebii stating that leaked images are not allowed.

Please follow the rules. Thanks.
Would this include videos of music which I’m not aware of being from a leak or not (I suspect it may be, hence my asking)? If so, I’ll just say that Zame has posted the full Wild Area theme, for any interested (though I wager it’s just the Day version).

Here's a question I've been meaning to ask:

When would you say its ok to mention Pokemon/story elements in discussion? Not saying for the notification at the top of the forums or even the forms in general.
I believe the rules say it has to be content released for a week in all English-speaking countries before it’s no longer considered spoiler content, but tbh since I’ve been here we’ve always just talked about new info right after it gets released, with no spoiler tags, so Idk :shrug emoji:

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
It's a loss, sure, but I think most Normal types have replacements like Double Edge or Body Slam. Facade is also there, although it is somewhat situational.
Basically this. For ex. in LG, without Return being in, Double-Edge was your Partner Eevee's strongest STAB move. While it's more dangerous than Return thanks to the huge recoil, you can always Bouncy Bubble all that HP back in LG depending on the situation. There's also Headbutt as a safer option for flinches and ofc as you mentioned, Facade which while gimmicky is stronger in base power than Double-Edge thanks to that gimmick.
So while the loss of Return is a... well... loss, it's not the worse loss out there when there are other Normal Type moves one can use in replacement. It being a staple that's removed just means one has to work with other options in the meantime.

Will agree that nobody will miss Frustration though lmao. Idk who seriously uses that unless they deliberately try to make their Pokemon hate them to make it useful. (You monster if you do that.) And as far as I know the only time I've seen it ingame myself is through an NPC aka the psycho that is Ghetsis in BW2 with his Hydreigon that he probably also forced to evolve. Otherwise in competitive it's genned 'mons with min friendship.

Last edited:

DaddyOak

the loss of return is still a nerf to the normal typing

return had nice base power good accuracy. yet it is gone. now the moves are weaker or have recoil

Other typings did not get this nerve it was a staple move. it would have been better if you could focus on other stuff instead of worrying to replace return with something less effective.

the loss of return will make a difference for especially the normal typings in the meta normal types might see less usage.

Marzbar

I think the biggest thing we need to know is whether the Ripen ability doubles the damage effect of Rowap and Jaboca berries, which would mean the opponent would take 1/4 of their max HP as damage when the berry activates. That makes the Apple Pie a literal walking entry hazard that can be switched in at will....
There's probably better ways to use Appletun, but it's certainly a sweet idea, pardon the pun.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I think the biggest thing we need to know is whether the Ripen ability doubles the damage effect of Rowap and Jaboca berries, which would mean the opponent would take 1/4 of their max HP as damage when the berry activates. That makes the Apple Pie a literal walking entry hazard that can be switched in at will....
There's probably better ways to use Appletun, but it's certainly a sweet idea, pardon the pun.
Whever the region is big and fun to explore is more important for me to know..