• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Noy

So the GTS is you put a Pokemon up for trade, and request something in return. There's no communication between traders and so there's nothing to organise, someone who is looking for the Pokemon you put up can find it and then offer what they wanted, the trade will then be complete and you'll receive the Pokemon. This all happened in the background, also. You would receive the Pokemon once you opened the GTS again.

So the Surprise Trade we got is basically Wonder Trade.

And then I didn't play LGPE so have no idea regarding the coded trade? Some have mentioned? But having to ask people in-game to trade without communication features is very far from the painless task of the GTS.
You put up a pokémon, and you request a specific pokémon in return that anyone in the world can see and trade with you. Surprise trade is just Wonder Trade, you don't have any control over what you get in return so 9 out of 10 times you get a level 2 Rattata or Magikarp. And Link trade is simultaneous trading with a specific individual you met elsewhere
Right, that feature. hmm I wonder how & if they'll implement that.

Also, I think It got buried in the prior Convo, but:
Does anyone know if the shiny charm is in the game, and what the unlock requirements for it is this time around?

Last edited:

Arcanineblitz

People were doomposting about not being able to trade at all and now that that’s been debunked the goalpost moves again.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
People were doomposting about not being able to trade at all and now that that’s been debunked the goalpost moves again.
Maybe you should try quoting the people you're talking about so it doesn't look like you're just talking about ghosts. And if the goalpost is at "trading systems at least as good as what we had in USUM", that's not a very unreasonable goalpost.

TsengHyena

Thats a lie. People were complaining about not having GTS (upload a poke, requesting what exactly you want, and what gender, level etc). The Y-Comm trades are NOT that. Y-Comm is old style trading or wonder trades. Nowhere as good as the GTS.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Has anyone figured out how Ball Inheritance works in SwSh? Really hoping I can get the starters in anything other than a PokeBall. Also how early can we access the IV Checker?
Assuming not much changed from Gen 7 (bar the new Egg Move mechanic), it likely works the same as Gen 7 that breeding two of the same Pokémon gives a 50% chance of the offspring inheriting the father's Poke Ball. Sadly if this is the case Galar starters in anything other than a Poke Ball would be illegal (assuming they cannot appear in a Max Raid Battle or the wild).

Lost Lore

Diving Deep

I have legitimately not seen anyone saying you could not trade period, only people being upset about the removal of the GTS. Which was an incredibly convenient service that I'd say it's fairly reasonable to be upset about the removal of.

dss_live

Water and Fairy-type master

Fairly sure people werent claiming there was no trading at all. The discussion has always been about the part of GTS where you drop of a pokemon asking for a specific one and where you can look for specific pokemon. No goalposts were moved.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
We’ve known normal trades/Link Trades were in the game since the very first trailer. No one was ever worried about that.

GTS being scrapped is what people are upset about. Link and GTS trading are two different things.

Arcanineblitz

I have legitimately not seen anyone saying you could not trade period, only people being upset about the removal of the GTS. Which was an incredibly convenient service that I'd say it's fairly reasonable to be upset about the removal of.
Go back like 10 pages and you’ll see it also you not seeing a thing personally=/= thing not existing

Noy

This is why I've been treating all pessimism about the game, with a grain of salt.

Thats a lie. People were complaining about not having GTS (upload a poke, requesting what exactly you want, and what gender, level etc). The Y-Comm trades are NOT that. Y-Comm is old style trading or wonder trades. Nowhere as good as the GTS.
I think he/she means implied. As some of the posts (buried now, so not looking for them) started to get carried away and pharsed things as if you needed Home and NintendoOnline subscriptions to use GTS and the like features.

That being said, the few unique features GTS provided might still become available somehow.

I do suspect the GTS feature everyone is complaining about is probably going to be available for home, since they're making an Mobile App for it that allows for trading.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Go back like 10 pages and you’ll see it also you not seeing a thing personally=/= thing not existing
10 pages back is page 803. There is literally nobody claiming it there. Also, if you bring up anecdotes, the burden is on you to point readers to the right direction so we get context. Otherwise it just looks like you're running out of things to blame people dissatisfied with the game on and are just making up stuff to spread "haters are making up false stuff on this game" narrative. And sure, some people do, but why give a select few so much attention and portray it as if it is representative?

dss_live

Water and Fairy-type master

That's why it's handy to quote the people you're talking about.

Besides, a comment 10 pages ago by different people is not the same as moving the goalpost. Most people were very aware trading was still a thing and were talking about that specific gts feature. Some people way back theorized that part may become part of home, which i doubt, but we have no info on home so who knows.

Tyler Angel

"Boo hoo, i dont get the poke i want in exchange for one i have tons of"
So trades are nerfed because of the deeper competetive aspect would make it too easy to buff that pokemon. You can already change natures, iv, evs, breed out abilities and shiny chain. The only thing you cant control ingame is your pokemons gender. What is the need for gts when theres only a dex of 400? You really need that litwick from spain?

Noy

10 pages back is page 803. There is literally nobody claiming it there. Also, if you bring up anecdotes, the burden is on you to point readers to the right direction so we get context. Otherwise it just looks like you're running out of things to blame people dissatisfied with the game on and are just making up stuff.
Doesn't that run both ways since you didn't provide evidence?
Besides it's not about explicit claims, but all the implications people were portraying. As stated before, I'm not giving evidence since I rather not waste my time searching thru dozens of pages of posts, but I do recall a few posts seemed to be strongly implying things that they had no evidence of.