• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

dss_live

Water and Fairy-type master
How do you know?

It literally does the same thing.

From what i have understood, it's a specific person to person trade, aka both people need to be there to perform the trade and you need each others code to initiate the trade. (tell me if i'm wrong, coze i didn't trade in lgpe) Which is very different from GTS where you drop it off and anyone online is able to see what you're offering and send you what you need regardless of whether both are online or not.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
"Boo hoo, i dont get the poke i want in exchange for one i have tons of"
So trades are nerfed because of the deeper competetive aspect would make it too easy to buff that pokemon. You can already change natures, iv, evs, breed out abilities and shiny chain. The only thing you cant control ingame is your pokemons gender. What is the need for gts when theres only a dex of 400? You really need that litwick from spain?
Version exclusives for one. Maybe some people want to Wonder Trade hundreds of time trying to get that last one for the dex, but some others actually want to play a game.

Tyler Angel

Version exclusives for one. Maybe some people want to Wonder Trade hundreds of time trying to get that last one for the dex, but some others actually want to play a game.

There's forums that we're on right now that trade friendcodes hourly. Anyone on these forums saying they cant get a pokemon they want without the GTS is simply being irresponsible with their resources.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Do you have any new or additional sources for this claim other than the IGN reviewers?
Most if not all their posts are them mocking anyone who has any problems with SwSh from Dexit to its sales to the playtime. Highly doubt they'll post any source but it'd be welcome in contrast of the constant passive aggressiveness.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
There's forums that we're on right now that trade friendcodes hourly. Anyone on these forums saying they cant get a pokemon they want without the GTS is simply being irresponsible with their resources.
I've had plenty of trouble with trading on the forums. People not showing up because they forget, friend codes not registering, people not responding to trade offers, it taking weeks to find a suitable time you can both be online... I still have some offers on the trade forums that have been there for years and I've never had any responses to them.

TsengHyena

Its a lot easier to trade with random folk in game than noobs on a forum. Forum noobs ask for stupid crap. Its also regressive to go back to a system like that as a primary system.

dss_live

"Boo hoo, i dont get the poke i want in exchange for one i have tons of"
So trades are nerfed because of the deeper competetive aspect would make it too easy to buff that pokemon. You can already change natures, iv, evs, breed out abilities and shiny chain. The only thing you cant control ingame is your pokemons gender. What is the need for gts when theres only a dex of 400? You really need that litwick from spain?

That's an awefully rude way to get your point across. Being competitive isn't even the point. Version exclusives, trade evolutions, specific pokemon you want. That was what the gts offered. While i LOVE wonder trade and will be sending plenty of pokes through suprise trade, GTS very much had a purpose and is definately a feature that is missed. I don't see why you need to ridicule people for that.

Doesn't that run both ways since you didn't provide evidence?
Besides it's not about explicit claims, but all the implications people were portraying. As stated before, I'm not giving evidence since I rather not waste my time searching thru dozens of pages of posts, but I do recall a few posts seemed to be strongly implying things that they had no evidence of.

The "evidence" wasn't buried 10 pages back and what he said was relevant to the current conversation and context was readily available (aswell as them actually qouting the people they were talking to). I don't see the issue in requesting context from people when referencing a buried post especially when you're trying to use that to dismiss peoples current discussion. Especially if it's a person that's not even talking about the current stuff and who's opinion or statement is irrelevant to the people who are currently talking about the same topic.

And i'd say the same to people claiming things with no source/context (as the whole "gts will be in home" thing, which there is zero proof or info on) , but i dont see how that's relevant currently.

Noy

All this ^^^ said; do you guys think they relocated the GTS unique feature to Home then? Since they mention a mobile App for trading.

TsengHyena

All this ^^^ said; do you guys think they relocated the GTS unique feature to Home then? Since they mention a mobile App for trading.

They probably wanna nickel and dime people for a basic feature yeah.

dss_live

No clue, honestly. Home is such a mystery aside from it's storage capabilities. I wish there was more info on it, but i feel like it will be a couple months before we get the finer details. As of right now, i dont expect anyting more than what i know, and that is a place to store your pokemon and a way to transfer between games.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I'd say it's a possibility. Home would offer a wider range of pokémon including stuff hit by Dexit so there is more trading flexibility than in the games. And having a separate GTS both in Home and in the games might cause confusion or work against the overall purpose since offers would 'miss' each other being on different platforms.

Noy

I'd say it's a possibility. Home would offer a wider range of pokémon including stuff hit by Dexit so there is more trading flexibility than in the games. And having a separate GTS both in Home and in the games might cause confusion or work against the overall purpose since offers would 'miss' each other being on different platforms.
This a fairly accurate description of what might have been the reasoning behind "GTS" not being in the game.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Y-Comm

- in previous games, the Global Trading System allowed trainers to trade Pokemon online
- the GTS is not in Sword and Shield, but a new feature called Y-Comm serves the same purpose
- Y-Comm is available from the start of the game
- Y-Comm allows you to initiate a link trade, send battle requests, and perform a “Surprise Trade”
Only that doesn't help anyone who has a life outside of the game and can tend to be too busy to set up a trade.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I dont understand the difference between this and Gts
There’s a big difference, and I honestly don’t understand why they’re being compared. The Y-Comm is for all multiplayer functionality, similar to the PSS, while the GTS is specifically for trading.

DannyDark

I dont understand the difference between this and Gts

GTS:
- Put up a Kadabra for trade, asking for a Machoke.
- Close GTS.
- Someone, looking for a Kadabra, sees your offer and accepts your trade.
- Open the GTS after any amount of time.
- "Your Pokemon was traded!" and you receive a Machamp.

It's easy, there's no communication or organisation needed and it all happens seamlessly in the background as you play.

Link Trade:
- Firstly you need to find, on forums or reddit, someone wanting to trade for what you wanted.
- Next, you've gotta add them on your device and attempt to organise a time for both of you to be online to trade.
- Finally, make the trade! But obviously, since this relies upon both yourself and other people, the number of things that can go wrong are much higher and it's not at all in the background.

Then I can also imagine the amount of people that send random trade requests in-game being much higher, if possible..
Obviously maybe a hint of negative bias towards Link Trade.. but, as I've said, it is just a worse system/method honestly. Unless you're trading with actual friends.

Hope this helped though!