• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I've had plenty of trouble with trading on the forums. People not showing up because they forget, friend codes not registering, people not responding to trade offers, it taking weeks to find a suitable time you can both be online... I still have some offers on the trade forums that have been there for years and I've never had any responses to them.
Exactly. It's why I mainly avoided link trading.

And not bothering with getting a separate app that goes along with Home as my phone has no room for it.

Last edited:

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
GTS:
- Put up a Kadabra for trade, asking for a Machoke.
- Close GTS.
- Someone, looking for a Kadabra, sees your offer and accepts your trade.
- Open the GTS after any amount of time.
- "Your Pokemon was traded!" and you receive a Machamp.

It's easy, there's no communication or organisation needed and it all happens seamlessly in the background as you play.

Link Trade:
- Firstly you need to find, on forums or reddit, someone wanting to trade for what you wanted.
- Next, you've gotta add them on your device and attempt to organise a time for both of you to be online to trade.
- Finally, make the trade! But obviously, since this relies upon both yourself and other people, the number of things that can go wrong are much higher and it's not at all in the background.

Then I can also imagine the amount of people that send random trade requests in-game being much higher, if possible..
Obviously maybe a hint of negative bias towards Link Trade.. but, as I've said, it is just a worse system/method honestly. Unless you're trading with actual friends.

Hope this helped though!
I thought ppl said swsh has something siniliar to GtS, no?

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
You know, so much of this could all go away if Game Freak would just publicly commit to changing their anti-DLC stance and slowly build these games up over another year, rather than making a third version or second set with more features like they usually do. (the DLC would ideally be mostly free, of course)

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
You know, so much of this could all go away if Game Freak would just publicly commit to changing their anti-DLC stance and slowly build these games up over another year, rather than making a third version or second set with more features like they usually do. (the DLC would ideally be mostly free, of course)
Agreed. I've been thinking for awhile that maybe GF should consider moving away from third versions entirely.

Just make one new set of games per generation and keep updating it with DLC. Stuff like the Delta Episode and Rainbow Rocket, but bigger.

Anime and TCG can promote and have arcs surrounding DLC stories.

That would solve basically every problem with this franchise.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Btw, now that the game is datamined, is there a final version exclusives list??

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Wouldn't mind DLC if it was something like Obsidian's take on Fallout New Vegas. Four story DLC's featuring new lands to explore based on lore hinted at from the base game through rumors until now.

TsengHyena

Agreed. I've been thinking for awhile that maybe GF should consider moving away from third versions entirely.

Just make one new set of games per generation and keep updating it with DLC. Stuff like the Delta Episode and Rainbow Rocket, but bigger.

This is what a modern developer would do.

Noy

Since people buy the 3rd version, they'd clearly be willing to pay for DLC to add new features and stories, etc. They don't need a separate game instance if they use DLC. It would also encourage people who wait to buy the 3rd version to just buy "both".

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Don't make simple third versions but make sequels. If not that then make at least an enhanced version with more new content that goes in the direction new routes, new cities, post-game area, story extensions, new Pokemon etc. and not only some tweaks here and there.

The healthiest solution for the situation right now would be longer generations so people who work on gen 9 have the time and to bring out a definite version of Galar fixing all the problems with the quality on par with previous games people consider to be the best. And after that the Sinnoh remakes. Sucks for those people who want them next year but I would wait if that means the quality would be better then.

shoz999

Don't make simple third versions but make sequels. If not that then make at least an enhanced version with more new content that goes in the direction new routes, new cities, post-game area, story extensions, new Pokemon etc. and not only some tweaks here and there.

The healthiest solution for the situation right now would be longer generations so people who work on gen 9 have the time and to bring out a definite version of Galar fixing all the problems with the quality on par with previous games people consider to be the best. And after that the Sinnoh remakes. Sucks for those people who want them next year but I would wait if that means the quality would be better then.
Your absolutely right that I bet even the mods will agree with you because I know a few already have considering how the anime and Adventures manga are struggling to keep up with newer and newer releases, specifically expansions and remakes. More development time for GameFreak also equals more creative planning for its adaptations.

Konja7

Since people buy the 3rd version, they'd clearly be willing to pay for DLC to add new features and stories, etc. They don't need a separate game instance if they use DLC. It would also encourage people who wait to buy the 3rd version to just buy "both".

The question is what option will be more profitable for GF.

As you mention, people buy the 3rd version, so many will pay for DLC.

However, it will only be convenient for them if the profit for DLC is bigger than the profit for the 3rd version.

DannyDark

From a Nintendo Enthusiast article: "New Pokémon Sword and Shield information has emerged about Y-Comm, which includes the replacement for the Global Trade System, Surprise Trade."

No wonder people get mad when the level of journalism is this low.

shoz999

The question is what option will be more profitable for GF.

As you mention, people buy the 3rd version, so many will pay for DLC.

However, it will only be convenientb of the profit for DLC is bigger than the profit for DLC.
That's the wrong question to ask. The question you should simply ask, do they want to do it? That's it and nothing more. Profits is a major factor but judging by how GameFreak often doesn't green-lit sequels to successful spinoffs, and their reasoning as to why is often a lack of creative interest, I'd say that question is not the right question to ask. Perhaps part of a series of questions but not the top question above the rest.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Do Pokémon not receive EXP from Max Raids? Because I just watched gameplay of one and it didn’t seem like they got any after the battle ended.