• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
One of my friends got the game today and we played the first hour together.

What we saw was pretty neat and I am pleasently suprised about the early story input as well as the character interactions. Also a very good first impression was the storytelling. People who played through the forest know what I mean.

Phillies

Speak for yourself; 13 hours for me and by then I will be in bed. It'll be about 20 hours before I start playing. :(

Could be worse. I made the mistake of ordering online and it only shipped today. If I'm lucky I will have it tomorrow afternoon but will most likely have to wait until Saturday.

Does anyone know if Pokemon will appear shiny in the overworld like in Let's Go?

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Looking at the pokédex, seeing some weird things. What's the deal with giving Incineroar Parting Shot? Wasn't it already broken enough? Now it can reduce enemy offensive stats not only when entering battle but also when leaving battle. And Shell Smash on Blastoise, seriously? Did they realise that Blastoise gets Water Spout?

Draknir

Fear the Deer
Does anyone know if Pokemon will appear shiny in the overworld like in Let's Go?

From what I've seen on Twitter, no.

I noted this to Serebii, but is it a mistake that Ponyta is listed as evolving at Lv.38 or did they actually change it?

Elchar

Could be worse. I made the mistake of ordering online and it only shipped today. If I'm lucky I will have it tomorrow afternoon but will most likely have to wait until Saturday.

That one is already known. They don't.

Julia Artemis

So I've resisted ever using Rapid Spin but with it being buffed to 50 damage plus speed I'm so going to use it. Hitmontop is officially OP again especially if its Technician

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Pokemon cannot appear shiny in the overworld and your starter is shiny-locked (but you can still breed for a shiny).

Julia Artemis

I assume that they are going to do an event Max Raid Starters with them being shiny and having their hidden ability. Honestly though not a fan of the shiny starters if I'm being honest.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
So I see there are a LOT of offensive pokemon this time around.

I guess it's sort of a counter to all the defensive pokemon in Sun and Moon. A pity for me, as I enjoy defensive pokemon.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
Ugh, I need to wait till tomorrow when it is delivered to me. 24 hours to go... I can live through that.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
I wonder if it looks better on a Switch Lite than a regular Switch in handheld. I use a a Lite, but I’ll be able to compare to the boyfriend as he’s got a regular. Might be important to some people who are considering buying into the console for these, so I’ll report back when I know.

Xuxuba

This is how it looks non docked for you people wondering.

tumblr_q0yywwHZbv1r54gnbo1_1280.jpg

IMO, it's okay. The characters definetly could look a bit better, but the enviroment looks fine.

Edit: btw there is a tm behind the professor house.

Last edited:

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
This is how it looks non docked for you people wondering.

tumblr_q0yywwHZbv1r54gnbo1_1280.jpg

IMO, it's okay. The characters definetly could look a bit better, but the enviroment looks fine.

Edit: btw there is a tm behind the professor house.

I mean, this really isn't how it looks, because this is a camera capture of a tv screen.

I don't think this should be considered an accurate view.

Anyhoo, I'm really not getting the point of Inteleon's hidden ability. It has zero high critical hit moves. Unless the ability applies to any critical hit in general (meaning giving Inteleon Focus Energy would be mandatory), this ability is useless.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
It's okay i think. It could look better, but at least it doesn't lag or anything.
Well that's good to know. Similar to Lets Go handheld wise then?

Xuxuba

Well that's good to know. Similar to Lets Go handheld wise then?
Sorry, it has been a really long time since i last played Lets Go, so i don't remember all that much how it looked non docked.

I mean, this really isn't how it looks, because this is a camera capture of a tv screen.

I don't think this should be considered an accurate view.
It is not a tv screen, it is a non docked Switch. And my camera isn't that bad, i know it is not exactly the same as seeing it yourself, but as someone who is actually playing it i don't see that much difference from that photo i took.

Feel free to disagree though.

Last edited: