• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Sham

The Guardian of War

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Yeah essentially but easier than the plaza
Well that's good. Can we try to make trades with people who are out in the Wild Area?

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Is it really true that Darmanitan's Hidden Ability isn't available even though it's available for Max Raids?

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Is any1 else really enjoying these games ?
Nope. I'm waiting for third versions, maybe they'll have a better dex than this one. Too many of my favourites are out in Sword and Shield, like aside from Alolan Raichu (which I think isn't even out yet until Home anyway), Alolan Ninetales (same), Primarina (same), Zeraora (same), Celebi (same), Charjabug, Milotic, and the Eevee evolutions all of my favourites are out. No Sceptile, no Suicune, no Minun, no Altaria, no Dedenne, no Scizor, no megas... and almost none of the new pokémon actually click with me, they just all look so mean and edgy. As if there's nothing that can be a bit cute and friendly. I suppose the Cosmog line is there, but it's transfer only and I reckon they did a disservice to it by keeping its final evolution locked to Alola.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

bigdaddy95

Kinda. The scenery is beautiful and some of the music I’ve heard so far is among the best instrumental I’ve heard in a Pokémon game perhaps ever! It’s just a bit annoying that the game is very easy, even easier than the gen 6 games. I prefer being under levelled than over levelled so I wish the option to turn off the exp share was there. My rookidee was levelling up too fast before it evolved :’(

Edit: Also guys, if you want your Farfetch’d to evolve asap just find a trainer/gym leader with several Pokémon and save right before you face them and soft reset until Farfetch’d gets 3 critical hits. Make sure it holds the leek or whatever it was called

infellune

Nope. I'm waiting for third versions, maybe they'll have a better dex than this one. Too many of my favourites are out in Sword and Shield, like aside from Alolan Raichu (which I think isn't even out yet until Home anyway), Alolan Ninetales (same), Primarina (same), Zeraora (same), Celebi (same), Charjabug, Milotic, and the Eevee evolutions all of my favourites are out. No Sceptile, no Suicune, no Minun, no Altaria, no Dedenne, no Scizor, no megas... and almost none of the new pokémon actually click with me, they just all look so mean and edgy. As if there's nothing that can be a bit cute and friendly.

I'm a bit surprised you got the game to be honest. It seems your the player who really wants the the entire poke dex. I get that. I too am sad and a bit annoyed with it. But we did get info about most of the pokemon who weren't going to be in the game. I'm going to be honest here, if Game Freak didn't do king of questionable/sketchy things, I would be fine if not all the Pokemon were not in this game. Yes, I think they chose some bad ones, and really didn't need Charizard, but it's not a deal breaker for me. Honestly, I think this game shouldn't have had any of the older pokemon and instead just had an bigger selection of new pokemon for Generation 8. Like instead of the 80, they'd make 150-200 like with the first generation. Yeah, I know people would be upset, but change is needed and I feel like taking that step would've been better. And then, if they wanted to, add a way to bring in older Pokemon. Sadly, game friend didn't do that and made some bad choices for the game and I'm not gonna lie it's hard to play. Still, in terms of the Alolan region pokemon, it makes sense that they aren't in here. They were for the Sun and Moon Region.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I'm a bit surprised you got the game to be honest. It seems your the player who really wants the the entire poke dex. I get that. I too am sad and a bit annoyed with it. But we did get info about most of the pokemon who weren't going to be in the game. I'm going to be honest here, if Game Freak didn't do king of questionable/sketchy things, I would be fine if not all the Pokemon were not in this game. Yes, I think they chose some bad ones, and really didn't need Charizard, but it's not a deal breaker for me. Honestly, I think this game shouldn't have had any of the older pokemon and instead just had an bigger selection of new pokemon for Generation 8. Like instead of the 80, they'd make 150-200 like with the first generation. Yeah, I know people would be upset, but change is needed and I feel like taking that step would've been better. And then, if they wanted to, add a way to bring in older Pokemon. Sadly, game friend didn't do that and made some bad choices for the game and I'm not gonna lie it's hard to play. Still, in terms of the Alolan region pokemon, it makes sense that they aren't in here. They were for the Sun and Moon Region.
I didn't get the game. And sure, it makes sense for the Alola regional variants, but especially for Raichu, Marowak, and Exeggutor I reckon it would have been better if there had been a local way to get them too, either from breeding with a certain item that passes an "Alolan gene" down or something so the hatchling would evolve into the Alolan form. Like they had a way to evolve them into their standard forms in USUM through the wormholes.

Last edited:

infellune

Kinda. The scenery is beautiful and some of the music I’ve heard so far is among the best instrumental I’ve heard in a Pokémon game perhaps ever! It’s just a bit annoying that the game is very easy, even easier than the gen 6 games. I prefer being under levelled than over levelled so I wish the option to turn off the exp share was there. My rookidee was levelling up too fast before it evolved :’(

Edit: Also guys, if you want your Farfetch’d to evolve asap just find a trainer/gym leader with several Pokémon and save right before you face them and soft reset until Farfetch’d gets 3 critical hits. Make sure it holds the leek or whatever it was called

I agree. I admit, I'm not the best player, so for now the difficulty isn't a problem, but I don't want easy game. About two weeks ago, I played Leaf Green and Sapphire and they are hard and I had a lot of fun. I'm not a fan of hand holding honestly. Maybe from now own they should add a difficult to these games? I'm not sure.

infellune

I'm leaning towards the okay for these game. I like the graphics and the starters. I find Hop very annoying at the moment. He's a little too energetic. I find the new Pokemon to quite charming though and wish Game Freak Had taken the time to make at least 100. As for the graphics, I don't think they are bad. Still trying to see why people dislike them. As for the lack of a dex, I played Pokemon Gale of Darkness and Colosseum on game cube and those games didn't have many favorite Pokemone. But they did have a good story and were more about that, so maybe that's why I'm a tad more forgiving. Still, I haven't played that much, so time will tell whether I still find them okay or dislike them. I don't think I'll see them as great though.

Haileyvoir

Beware my Power
How in the world does Yamask evolve? He's definitely lost more than 49 HP (3 out of 88) and i've been running underneath the stone arch in the dusty bowl for the last 30 minutes