• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

xayshade

Im at gym 6 now, so i'll give my thoughts.

Pros:
The game is fun. Ive been having a great time playing it. We will see how that changes over the next few months and years. The wild area is big, but not huge. Its like a large safari park. The pokemon there are the biggest challenge. I did not think i would enjoy the dynamax raids as much as i do. The 3 and 4 star raids are where you really test your skills. But the one and 2 star are good for getting trs. The animations are better than expected. I only play handheld and i have no provlems lagging or skipping or choppiness. And honestly i have my cinderace use pyro ball just for the animation. The pokemon are 8/10. The characters are interesting. I love bedes arc so far. I didnt realize how much i missed a jerk rival til i saw him. Hop is ok. He is what barry and hau should be. All in all its fun and tons of stuff to do. And its not criminally easy. It is about normal difficulty for a pokemon game. You will breeze through until you have 1 opponent that tells you about yourself, and back to breezing. The gym battles are awesome and fun.

Cons:
The animations can be, lacking. The distance you can look can be long or short, but usually short. The randomness and lack of backgrounds can be immersion breaking. The balance of the exp share should be worked on a bit. I didnt dislike it but its difficult to anticipate. Having to find a guy to do sound options was annoying. I could care less about sonia and what she has to say. The short move pools make it so you dont have much to train your pokemon toward after they beat the opponent you need them for. I wish the wild area had explorable dungeons like caves and underwater and stuff. I missed riding your own pokemon in LGPE.

All in all:

This was a lot of fun, but it isnt what it could be. I could care less about the nat dex, but my problem with it was that gf made it seem like we would gain something amazing from it. And a lot of the changes i feel were a step in the right direction to becoming what a pokemon game could be, it falls short into just a good game. It feels like they wasted too much time trying to put in the pokemon they did put in, they struggled to barely finish the game. Like it feels like this could be game of the year if they had another year to finish it. But instead its just good. Tbf its certainly better than gen 1, 4, 6, and 7. Maybe its better than 3 too, i dont know.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I caught 3 Ponyta in Glimwood Tangle, trying to get the ability that wasn't garbage Run Away, and then spent 45 minutes looking until it appeared that I had caught every Pontya available in the game and gave up.

Are there really only three of them? More don't respawn if you leave and come back?

(In any case, you can stll breed them to get the other Ability.)

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
I'm not surprised. When it comes to a much more successful series like Pokemon, boycotts usually work over multiple installments rather than instantaneously over one installment. Just look at Call of Duty or Assassin's Creed where it took multiple entries to give Activision and Ubisoft a wakeup call.
Honestly, same. I am enjoying my time so far, but the way they have over-saturated the game with EXP to the point nothing feels earned.. I don't think I'd buy the next if they keep this system.

I think this is an important point. If anyone at Game Freak was truly listening, and they strive to not repeat the things that made people angry, despite these games probably being very successful, then everything is Pretty much fine. People will buy the next games who didn’t buy these, anyone who bought these will be even happier. It’s only if they decide not to change things that it becomes a long-term effort for fans to voice their opinion.

That said, I’m torn between hoping GF hears the message and makes changes, especially with the Exp Share and difficulty options, and hoping these sell well because they’re enjoyable games. They’re not totally mutually exclusive stances but they’re not easy to reconcile.

edit: and post game content, give me a Frontier already you heathens

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Can we talk about the irony that Alola, based on warm sunny beautiful Hawaii, is followed by Galar, based on damp, dank, dreary Britain?

I'm guessing that was intentional. They want to contrast consecutive regions. After all, that's why warm, sort-of tropical Hoenn was followed up by cold, mountainous Sinnoh. Unova contrasts the others by being set far away from the previous regions.

I'd bet Generation IX will feature a primarily arid, desert climate, since that's one major biome of the Earth the series hasn't covered (not counting Orre, which is only found in side games).

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
While I think it’s premature to speculate on a generation that’s three or more years away right now, I could actually see the next one striving to expand on the Wild Area with an extremely diverse environment. Although, they could always be looking to do that with next year’s titles, depending on whether or not it’s a Sinnoh remake or an expanded Galar title.

Ghost94

Is there a Fast Ball in this game and do the Mints actually permanently change a Pokémon’s nature?

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Why did they take GTS out? That was literally the one method actual Pokemon fans had of getting version exclusives

I'm feeling this way about Dreepy in Raids :/
Hackers and cloners. Thing is, it doesn't stop them. They still use Wonder Trade. It just makes it that much harder for people to complete the dex.

BCVM22

do the Mints actually permanently change a Pokémon’s nature?

Our understanding is that they don’t actually change the listed Nature of your Pokémon, just the statistical boost/hamper tendencies.

Example: if you give a Lonely (+Attack, -Defense) Pokémon a Brave (+Attack, -Speed) Mint, the Pokémon’s nature will still say Lonely, but statistically it will be +Attack, -Speed.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
While I think it’s premature to speculate on a generation that’s three or more years away right now, I could actually see the next one striving to expand on the Wild Area with an extremely diverse environment. Although, they could always be looking to do that with next year’s titles, depending on whether or not it’s a Sinnoh remake or an expanded Galar title.
I don't know if the Sinnoh remakes would have a Wild Area.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Probably as stretch, but if GF does decide to follow up Sword and Shield with DLC instead of a third version, maybe they’re add a new Wild Area in southern Galar/Scotland?

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Trading is now much harder to do without the GTS. You either have to do Surprise Trades (which is random) or seek someone out to trade with them. I'm concerned that the GTS will become a part of Home instead of being in the base game.

Ultra Beast Lover

I think the game could've benefited a longer story. We didn't have any hotel scenes. Like they could've had characters room with each other at a few points to talk about their motives, dreams, and insecurities. Hop could room with the player and he could talk about how excited he is to take part in the challenge and also how worried he is that he can't do it, Bede could room with Marnie and they could talk about why they want to become the champion. Hop then rooms with Bede and they have the battle, Hop is crushed because he lost and Bede makes fun of him but then we see that the latter was struggling to, Marnie rooms with the player and talks about what she'd like to do after the journey is over. Then finally, Bede and the player room together with Bede letting it spill that he wants to make Chairman Rose proud but doesn't feel like he's close to doing so, Hop and Marnie room together and Marnie essentially says, "You don't have to be the champion because your big brother is, you can do anything else."

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
I don't know if the Sinnoh remakes would have a Wild Area.

Exactly my point - if it’s Galar again next year I expect it to be expanded and/or enhanced. If it’s Sinnoh, then I’m not sure I expect too much openness at all, because it’s a remake. Maybe some stuff, since that’s the Big New Thing this gen, but maybe not as expansive.

I think the game could've benefited a longer story. We didn't have any hotel scenes. Like they could've had characters room with each other at a few points to talk about their motives, dreams, and insecurities. Hop could room with the player and he could talk about how excited he is to take part in the challenge and also how worried he is that he can't do it, Bede could room with Marnie and they could talk about why they want to become the champion. Hop then rooms with Bede and they have the battle, Hop is crushed because he lost and Bede makes fun of him but then we see that the latter was struggling to, Marnie rooms with the player and talks about what she'd like to do after the journey is over. Then finally, Bede and the player room together with Bede letting it spill that he wants to make Chairman Rose proud but doesn't feel like he's close to doing so, Hop and Marnie room together and Marnie essentially says, "You don't have to be the champion because your big brother is, you can do anything else."

Loving this concept and totally agree that this would be amazing. I actually almost expected it from the first hotel scenes we got, and I was surprised we just skipped over. I almost feel like that’s something that would have happened in Alola. The storytelling in this game is a bit different in tone and style than the Alolan games.

Sir_Durpsalot

So I caught both forms of sinistea and I have a picture of the difference I don't know if this is usefull to Serebii. And if it is I don't know how to give the image. (sorry if this is not the right place)

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
So I caught both forms of sinistea and I have a picture of the difference I don't know if this is usefull to Serebii. And if it is I don't know how to give the image. (sorry if this is not the right place)
Although, they don't have any gameplay differences other than requiring a different item to evolve into Polteageist.