• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Jason White

AspiringPsych
The Max Raids are the best part of the game for me for sure. I also just attempted the Masuda method for the first time and got shiny Mimikyu from my second egg with no shiny charm. So am feeling happy about that. It's my first official shiny in the game.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
While I do very much enjoy this game, the more I play it the more I can see that the developers didn't really rush the game, but did the best they could with the time they had.

While I still greatly fault Masuda and Ohmori for their poor timing, I can deeply understand how bad they must feel. They messed up bad in that regard. Luckily for me, the issues have not made the game any less enjoyable.

Last edited:

Orphalesion

Not really getting Leon right now, after reading people's divided opinion on him I had expected more personality, but he's kinda milk toast. Like the only thing I got so far is that he likes hats (judging by his room)

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Uh... so why can Drednaw have a Max Raid that isn't his Gigantimax? I think that concept is just incredibly dumb, if a fully evolved Pokemon has a Gigantimax then it should only spawn in a Max Raid as such.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Btw, how come the warning is still at the top of the forums since the game is out now lol??

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Uh... so why can Drednaw have a Max Raid that isn't his Gigantimax? I think that concept is just incredibly dumb, if a fully evolved Pokemon has a Gigantimax then it should only spawn in a Max Raid as such.
They probably just want to make the G-Max forms artificially rare for some reason.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
TIL: When you get a gym uniform, you can wear the clothes separately from each other!

Felt so good to finally put on some nice looking shoes...

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Done with the game, my overall thoughts

-Lenght is pretty decent. About 30 hours of active gameplay. Took my sweet time with these games.
-Story pretty okay-ish, kinda on the same level as Sinnoh. I am surprised to see Sonia having such an active role and I like that she became a professor by the end of the story. Also Hop had a good development and his depression also was a key factor for the post-game arc. Not the most amazing stuff, but I would say more than 90% of the other rivals. Bede also had a neat little twist and his character bio makes him more symphatic. A bit dissapointed with Marnie though. She wasn't as active as I wished it to be. Team Yell also were just there. I am a fan of the gym leaders though. Once again more active than usual and seeing them in the final tournament was a good change. The version exclusive leaders were, as expected, the weakest ones when we speak about plot related activity.
-Routes and towns are all amazing. The only flawed ones were Ballonlea and Spikemuth because they were to tiny.
-Overall pacing was inconsistent. The last gyms were rushed out. Wishing for an extension in the respective area in a potential sequel or third game.
-Difficulty was okay. Gym leaders were a bit too low leveled with that exp system. Would've been good if the old system was still used. 2-3 more level for each gym leader would fix the problem though. The difficulty at the end was good though. The tournament trainer pretty quickly catched up to my level and Leon was hard though.
-Wild area is hella fun in multiplayer. Max Raids and camping with friends is really addicting. Wishing for something similiar in future games. The only multiplayer is much better than the Plaza from gen 7. Though I need the GTS in future titles.
-Post-game is rather meh. That post-game story was done in about two hours and after that what's left is the Battle Tower, the tournament with all gym leader and some smaller things here and there. God when we're finally getting a decent post game again? Just add 3-4 routes and towns on a island based on North-Ireland and the problem is done so please add this in the potential sequel/third version.
-Graphics looks mostly good despite people saying otherwise. The only bad looking thing are indeed the trees and some textures here and there. People are overreacting like always. Like gen 1-7 had good graphics compared to other games on their respective system right? It really became annoying lately.
-Subjective: I love pretty much all new Pokemon and I also love the soundtrack of these games.

Overall good games with a lot of potential for a sequel. Gonna playing these games for the upcoming weeks online, doing some raid battles. Had a lot more fun than with SM or XY.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Something I'm finding pretty interesting is that not only does each Gym Leader have a different way of throwing a Poké Ball, they also each have a different animation for throwing the Dynamax Poké Ball, and the stadiums each have different floors corresponding to the specialized type. For instance, only the Turffield Stadium has the ground covered in grass because Milo is the Grass-type Gym Leader. Milo smiles and pets the Dynamax Poké Ball before throwing it to show how he's a nice guy and affectionate toward his Pokémon. Hulbury Stadium's floor has a dark blue surface beneath, but the actual material the player character, Nessa, and their Pokémon stand on are shiny transparent acrylic so that it looks like water. Nessa takes up a lot of baseball stances (or maybe it's cricket; I don't know much about the sort so I don't know if cricket stances are similar to baseball), and she makes a high pitch for the Dynamax Poké Ball.

I haven't completed the game yet--I've had other stuff to do in the meantime--but I think I'll make a list and a series of screenshots sometime soon.

Man, i really hate the way TRs were executed.

I mean, i don't mind that they exist since we need some useful prizes for raid battles other than exp candies, but did they really have to make moves like Flamethrower, Thunderbolt and Ice beam TRs?

We use them so often that it becomes quite annoying to farm for them.
It feels like a step back from what BW introduced.

My impression is that they wanted to nerf the "infinite use" aspect of the TMs by splitting them up into Technical Machines and Technical Records. The ones they deem people will use the most become Records while the other ones, along with various old TMs and Move Tutor moves that saw limited use, remained Machines.

I think the legendary part would've been better had we found something like a tomb with Uknown writing and Sonia deciphered it. It's been forever since we've had Unknown writing.

Well, there IS an Unown pattern rug in the hotels in Circhester.

While I do very much enjoy this game, the more I play it the more I can see that the developers didn't really rush the game, but did the best they could with the time they had.

That pretty much IS rushing, especially if they don't have a lot of time to make it. Personally, I think it feels rushed, as if there were a lot of little things missing from it that I'm certain was part of someone's creative vision that they had to cut out because they ran out of time.

Not sure if they were planning on adding the Minor League into the game, but that's the part of the lore I'd like to see more of the most. That being said, there aren't any Gigantamax Pokémon for the Normal- and Electric-types that don't require a game save from another game, which makes me wonder if some were cut too.

Bus

FINALLY. I finally got a Bird fossil in Shield! I've only gotten 2 Dino fossils so far, but it took forever for the more 'skillful' digger duo to find me just ONE Bird fossil. So for those wondering, it IS possible to get all fossils no matter your version, it just must be exceedingly rare to get certain ones depending on your version.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
Whilst I get that British archaeologists used to mash fossils together, the gimmick WTF-worthy. That's what I thought when I saw them. Heck Jim "Crocodile" Cook from Yugioh GX called, he wants his Fossil Fusion gimmick back.

Last edited:

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
Has anyone else here been having a frustratingly awful time catching gigantamaxes in raids? I managed to get into four raids with G-Max bosses and every single one broke out. I was using Ultra Balls and I've finished the story. It's honestly pissing me off. Who at Game Freak thought slapping the player in the face like that when they win a raid battle was a good idea?

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I've only done 2 gigantamax raids so far, Centiskorch and Corviknight. The former broke out immediately but I luckily managed to catch gigantamax Corviknight. And it had 5 IV's as well as a fantastic in HP so I'm pretty pleased.

DannyDark

Has anyone else here been having a frustratingly awful time catching gigantamaxes in raids? I managed to get into four raids with G-Max bosses and every single one broke out. I was using Ultra Balls and I've finished the story. It's honestly pissing me off. Who at Game Freak thought slapping the player in the face like that when they win a raid battle was a good idea?

I agree, I'd rather the difficulty lie in the actual battle as opposed to the RNG that follows your victory.

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
Yeah. Heck, my first GMax Butterfree broke out without a single shake. It was two-starred so I expected the catch to be easier than that considering the battle itself wasn't that hard, but NOPE.
If it was 4 or 5-starred, maybe even 3-starred, I'd see it being that hard, but on a two-star? I literally expected easier capture, a shake or two at the least, so I was mega frustrated. I got lucky when I found it again and caught it then, but the initial loss was a downer for a bit until then.

Shinyjynx

Leveling up is a joke. I’m 2 hours into my shield save file and already have my starter turned into intelleon. I’m so overpowered that I am one hit koing the uncatchable very strong Pokémon in wild area. I’m level 35. The exp candies are broken