• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters
Do we know if statusing Raid bosses makes them any easier to catch? It might be worth it to bring something that can put the GMax mon to sleep (if that's even doable, haven't tried) or cripple it with Burn, Poison, or Paralysis right before the mon goes down.

Shinyjynx

Do we know if statusing Raid bosses makes them any easier to catch? It might be worth it to bring something that can put the GMax mon to sleep (if that's even doable, haven't tried) or cripple it with Burn, Poison, or Paralysis right before the mon goes down.
Here is how to always catch gmax raid Pokémon. Save outside the well before. If it is a gmax and it breaks out immediately soft reset. Gmax Pokémon will still be there when you turn back on. Rinse and repeat till you catch it. May take patience. And no status conditions don’t help. But just soft reset and you will always catch it. The Pokémon will still be in the well in it’s same gmax form. Gmax forms are determined before you go into battle. You can tell be the sprite outline. Took me 7 resets but I caught gmax drednaw

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
Can't Dynamax Pokemon shake off statuses after a while as is? I feel like it's the same case for G-Maxers if so.

Here is how to always catch gmax raid Pokémon. Save outside the well before. If it is a gmax and it breaks out immediately soft reset. Gmax Pokémon will still be there when you turn back on. Rinse and repeat till you catch it. May take patience. And no status conditions don’t help. But just soft reset and you will always catch it. The Pokémon will still be in the well in it’s same gmax form. Gmax forms are determined before you go into battle. You can tell be the sprite outline. Took me 7 resets but I caught gmax drednaw
I need to remember this for later. I keep forgetting the same pokemon are still there even on reload.

xayshade

Leveling up is a joke. I’m 2 hours into my shield save file and already have my starter turned into intelleon. I’m so overpowered that I am one hit koing the uncatchable very strong Pokémon in wild area. I’m level 35. The exp candies are broken

How are you ohkoing the level 50s and up in the wild area? Im not gonna question how you got your starter to level 35 in 2 hours because it took me like 2 days to get that far so maybe i just suck but that is crazy.

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
How are you ohkoing the level 50s and up in the wild area? Im not gonna question how you got your starter to level 35 in 2 hours because it took me like 2 days to get that far so maybe i just suck but that is crazy.
With how early you can get into raiding and given the candies can be a boost themselves, likely through that, unless they're also speeding through the game to even need to be at that threshold.

xayshade

With how early you can get into raiding and given the candies can be a boost themselves, likely through that, unless they're also speeding through the game to even need to be at that threshold.
That sounds likely. I took my time and i really didnt stick to the wild area til i had 2 or 3 badges. I had only challenged gordie last night and he rocked my team (no pun intended) and ive been playing this whole weekend

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Anyone else find the Raids to be crazy addicting? At the rate I’m doing them, I’ll have enough EXP candies to complete the Pokédex without grinding!

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Is there any criteria for finding Hidden Ability Pokémon? I've aggressively seeked out Raid Dens and haven't found even one.

Marzbar

Leveling up is a joke. I’m 2 hours into my shield save file and already have my starter turned into intelleon. I’m so overpowered that I am one hit koing the uncatchable very strong Pokémon in wild area. I’m level 35. The exp candies are broken
Why are you using the EXP candies then....? And are you only using the one Pokémon in your team?
I’ve been fluffing around in the Wild Area and have 4 gym badges and 30 hours of play and I have a team of 8 Pokémon all level 37-38.
I think you’re overleveling on purpose?

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Thanks to Amazon, my Double Pack is still yet to arrive for the next week, but it makes me happy everyone seems to enjoy the games more than they originally thought. I have a couple of questions:
  1. Is it easy to find Online partners for Max Raid Battles?
  2. Is it hard to encounter G-Max Pokémon and find HA as they promoted?
  3. How severe the lag is in Wild Area? Is it optimization-related or based purely on your internet connection?

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
Has anyone spent way more time camping than they should've btw? You start to notice stuff overtime.
Like how Pokemon really interact with eachother; some race one another, some bicker/fight with each other (I recently saw a twitter video of Hatterene and Gardevior trying to basically b-slap eachother and it was hilarious), when talking to two you kinda see how they feel about each other overtime, and etc etc..
It was honestly kinda funny seeing my Cinderace and Appletun race, because Striker had long beaten Crumble, and yet Crumble hardly even made it halfway to the finish point and yet was still going until he beat it and realized then he long been lost, he's trying so hard, it was so cute like have you seen an Appletun run yet? It's adorable as heck. (Also through camping I realized Appletun's 'ears' are actually its eyes, it's so weird)

I love the camp feature so much because of this. I may not be able to pet my Pokemon which is a loss (And a shame because when I see those messages in battle I'm like "Damnnit why can't I pet you"), it's a helluva lot of fun seeing them actually INTERACT with each other because of the scenarios.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Thanks to Amazon, my Double Pack is still yet to arrive for the next week, but it makes me happy everyone seems to enjoy the games more than they originally thought. I have a couple of questions:
  1. Is it easy to find Online partners for Max Raid Battles?
  2. Is it hard to encounter G-Max Pokémon and find HA as they promoted?
  3. How severe the lag is in Wild Area? Is it optimization-related or based purely on your internet connection?
1. It's not easy but I wouldn't say it's hard to find at least one person if your patient. If your talking about an entire team, that's going to be hard.
2. G-Max Pokemon are hard to find. HAs are EVEN HARDER.
3. I think it's framerate issue due to the number of players on-screen but the framerate is at a playable state with multiple people on-screen.

Elchar

So many people are saying that they are getting overleveled, what the hell. I was never more than about five levels over the current gym leader throughout the game and the level curve surprised me with how well it was made. I defeated the gym and then the wild Pokémon on next routes were almost on par with me. I spent a lot of time in Wild Area catching a lot of Pokémon and I don't think I had a shortage of exp.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
So many people are saying that they are getting overleveled, what the hell. I was never more than about five levels over the current gym leader throughout the game and the level curve surprised me with how well it was made. I defeated the gym and then the wild Pokémon on next routes were almost on par with me. I spent a lot of time in Wild Area catching a lot of Pokémon and I don't think I had a shortage of exp.
If you're five levels higher than a gym leader you're very overlevelled.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
It's probably EXP. candies. A lot of people have said that the game doesn't feel a challenge because they've been using EXP. candies which I thought was weird because you could always handicap yourself. I've been more or less 2-3 levels below or above the Gym Leaders. Of course I bet there are some people that have somehow genuinely overleveled themselves without the need of EXP. candies.

BCVM22

Anyone else find the Raids to be crazy addicting? At the rate I’m doing them, I’ll have enough EXP candies to complete the Pokédex without grinding!

I am absolutely spending hours scanning the distance for the pink beams, because what if the next raid has the TR I REALLY want? How can I not at least check on it?

Casterly Duff

It's probably EXP. candies. A lot of people have said that the game doesn't feel a challenge because they've been using EXP. candies which I thought was weird because you could always handicap yourself. I've been more or less 2-3 levels below or above the Gym Leaders. Of course I bet there are some people that have somehow genuinely overleveled themselves without the need of EXP. candies.

I don't understand that argument at all. They could always just... not use the EXP candies?

I was pretty much on par with the gym leaders all the way through. And whenever I felt like I was getting overleveled, I just switched my team out and tried different combinations of mons for a bit.

BCVM22

I'll be the first to admit I got more overleveled as the game went on, but I'll also qualify that entirely by adding that I battled every trainer I could for the EXP and that I went a little crazy on the Exp. Candies towards the end because I wanted my damn Dragapult before the final gym.

It's very easy to ensure that you are roughly on par with the various benchmark challenges if one is worried about making the game too easy.