• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
It's very easy to keep your level under control, just check what is the max level your current badges allow and that's also the level the next Gym leader will be. Just keep your team within that limit and you should be fine. So far my team has always been on the same level as the Gym's ace or just 1 level higher/lower.

I went out of my way to avoid Exp.Share exploitation, though (technically I am training 6 different teams with which real member of my team having its own sub-"rotating team"), so there's that.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Weird for them to nerf pinch berries even though they buffed them last gen. I get this is to make Galarian Linoone and Obstagoon more attractive than regular Linoone, but still, it feels pointless.

With other stat/ability nerfs, it seems obvious they wanted to make competitive battling more easier for younger children and to make new Pokémon artificially seem better in comparison to older ones.

Bus

Has anyone else here been having a frustratingly awful time catching gigantamaxes in raids? I managed to get into four raids with G-Max bosses and every single one broke out. I was using Ultra Balls and I've finished the story. It's honestly pissing me off. Who at Game Freak thought slapping the player in the face like that when they win a raid battle was a good idea?
Every other Raid I had done went in whatever ball I threw out, so I had no idea the Raid pokemon could break out. It wasn't until I found my first Gigantamaxed Corviknight (that I had tried to catch in a Premier Ball) that I learned they could break out. I got lucky and found another like 10 minutes later and was able to catch it, but its good to know they can be difficult. Now I'll just use a better ball whenever I find one.

Is it just random that they show up or is there any kind of tell? You don't get any experience from these raid battles, so I've been able to just run around, do a bunch, and get some better TRs without my team over-leveling. I'm going for the..uh...I forget the gym number...I'm playing Shield and heading for the Ice Gym....whatever number that is. I know some of my team is over-leveled, but whatever. Just having fun collecting things at the moment lol.

I'll probably try to chain Snom in order to get a Shiny, but I really would like to know the full mechanics of it first; like what breaks the chain and all.

Is there any criteria for finding Hidden Ability Pokémon? I've aggressively seeked out Raid Dens and haven't found even one.
It seems to be luck, mostly. Some I've faced in raids had their HA and others not. The Gigantamaxed Corviknight, sadly, did not (though its mid form I had caught earlier did). So far, every time I've seen Centiscorch's pre-evo in a Raid (twice) it had its HA of Flame Body. I also found a raid with Centiskorch itself (sadly just a Dynamaxed one instead of Gigantimax) and it had Flame Body as well, so I'm 100% on finding its HA so far lol.

Marzbar

Finally managed to connect to a Gigantamax Butterfree raid and caught it, so today was a good day. I find it helps to disconnect and reconnect with the internet occasionally so stamps actually refresh properly...

Baggie_Saiyan

Dropping back into say. Loving all the new Mons so far! Sucks can only have a party of 6! Excitement and anticipation when a Mon evolves is honestly a great feeling.

Speaking of my Grooky is all grown up! I am so glad I stuck to my guts and chose him love this line! I knew the final evo evo would have something to do with the sticks but never imagined a gorilla beating a drum! Also named my Grooky after Maurice Gibb so that worked out really well in the end! A musician type Mon was the last thing on my mind for Grooky but for some reason wanted to name it after Maurice.

I played shield whilst waiting for Sword and managed to get Sobble to evolve but unfortunately GF made the rival pick weaker starter so am gonna get spoiled before I get back to Shield :(

Also the Applin Mon is probably my favourite new Mon outside the starter! Took me 30 mins to find it! Fairly sure its the pseudo since it's hard to level and learning nothing!

All in all enjoying the game immensely. £10 extra for console price worth it for the jump in graphics the Pokemon models are SOOOO much better! Also love the Wild Area compromise for open world and Mons in the wild compromise for Mons not following.

DannyDark

Since there's really not anything to breed for on a competitive 'mon other than ability, I might try and make a wholly shiny competitive team..

EVs - Items
IVs - Hyper Training
Nature - Mints
Egg Moves - Can be passed from any of same species

Marzbar

Surprise Trades seems to take AGES to actually match with someone. I don’t think I can be bothered. You have to cancel them when cool max raids appear anyway.

Shinyjynx

Why are you using the EXP candies then....? And are you only using the one Pokémon in your team?
I’ve been fluffing around in the Wild Area and have 4 gym badges and 30 hours of play and I have a team of 8 Pokémon all level 37-38.
I think you’re overleveling on purpose?
I was only using candies on my starter. This is my second play through so yes I just wanted an intelleon fast. This is before reaching motostoke so the overpowered Pokémon are level 35. The candies let you level up fast. Plus I maxed out intelleon dynamic level. Was a fun experiment

Bus

I was only using candies on my starter. This is my second play through so yes I just wanted an intelleon fast. This is before reaching motostoke so the overpowered Pokémon are level 35. The candies let you level up fast. Plus I maxed out intelleon dynamic level. Was a fun experiment
I mean, yeah, those Candies will help you max out someone right away lol. I've been using them just to catch lower level pokemon up to the speed of the rest of my team or to get an evolution done so I didn't need to level them. It's very convenient for filling up a dex allowing you catch a lower pokemon and get the evolution without actually battling with if you don't care for them that much.

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
Wow, the fans' disappointment with Game Freak has made the news --

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/16/tech/nintendo-pokemon-sword-shield-trnd/index.html

It's 890 Pokemon, not 809 -- FAKE NEWS! :p

I remember back in the day how much I hated Ruby and Sapphire for not offering many Gen 1 & 2 Pokemon, so I definitely understand the angst & disappointment. However, what Game Freak did implement in Sw & Sh they did VERY well. The new Pokemon designs are superb (probably the best since Gold & Silver in my opinion) and the Gigantamax forms are also fantastic. If you felt that they cut corners, imagine if 400 more Pokemon were in the game. It would be quantity over quality. I'll take quality, especially knowing our old friends will be able to return someday.

That's crazy. I remember 10 years ago next year when Black/White came out, we had to adapt to playing with and catching 150+ new pokemon and didn't have any of the old Pokes. And i don't remember a whole lot of people being upset about that! Unless my memory's fuzzy.

DannyDark

Thinking back, having completed game and post-game now, I definitely think this is the smallest region we've had so far? Though I can't remember Unova/Sinnoh too well?

FlygontheRavager

#1 Pokémon Anime Fan!
That's crazy. I remember 10 years ago next year when Black/White came out, we had to adapt to playing with and catching 150+ new pokemon and didn't have any of the old Pokes. And i don't remember a whole lot of people being upset about that! Unless my memory's fuzzy.

Actually, a lot of people complained -- but now the big thing is that there are many Pokemon you can't use in SwSh at all, even by transferring them. It's not the same thing. Similar, but not the same.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Is it possible to get to the Highest level part of the Wild area as soon as the Wild area is unlocked?

I'm not getting SW/SH till christmas, but thats one of the first things i was planning to do :p

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Did you guys fail to beat any gym leaders on your first attempt?I am embarrassed to say that I lost to the water gym due to me not having a grass type.I also lost to the rock gym due to my only water type being used early on.

Shinyjynx

Did you guys fail to beat any gym leaders on your first attempt?I am embarrassed to say that I lost to the water gym due to me not having a grass type.I also lost to the rock gym due to my only water type being used early on.
I lost to the fairy gym once because I got the questions all wrong and was powered down. Then I reset and got the questions all right and won

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
I lost to Rihan twice lmao

Anyway one thing I liked about this game is how mostly each character had an important lesson underneath their interactions with player.

What was holding Hop back was fact he was worried about everyone else and their feats and not paying enough attention to himself and his Pokémon. This is true for real life; everyone has their own different path and your story is your story. If you spent all your time worried about others you miss the important stuff in your life. I couldn’t stand how he constantly kept discussing Leon and what he’s done. It was like he didn’t have a personality outside of his brother.

Bede: His is pretty basic “when one door closes another one opens”. While his story was short I appreciate his universal lesson of not everything works how you want it to. He was set on his initial goal with Chairman Rose but that was never meant to work out. His conclusion is good because in the end he got something better than he expected (which was not being the Chairman’s fetcher and lapdog). It was incredibly important to me in particular since I like things to go as planned or I start freak out like him.

Sonia’s was on the line of believing yourself. In the start of the game she’s mostly reduced to feeling sorry for herself and using Leon’s championship and her grandmother’s words as fuel for why she’s not good enough. It’s not until later that she begins to take things in her own hands and begins studying Galar’s history. I believe her’s is all about how you’re in control of your own life and feeling sorry for yourself quite frankly does nothing.

These games stories are eh but I think in terms of characters it really is the best even outbeating Gen 5

Last edited:

Sir_Durpsalot

so it's stated that pokemon who have g-max forms might be able to g-max if you caught them in a raid battle. Does this mean that say I catch an impidimp in a raid battle, is there a chance that it's g-max-able? If yes does anyone know the odds?

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
It annoys me how many people are hacking the game and making illegal Pokemon. It is just ethically disgusting and I am sick that people hack the game every generation and flood everywhere with fake Pokemon
That's horrible. Did you get any of them?

Platina2000

Say what you will about SW/SH, but I got Sword rented out, and I'm enjoying it so far! I do have autosave turned off as a 'just in case' thing, though. Not much else to say about it, as I'm still at the begining, currently catching some Pokemon on the first couple routes.