• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

shadowF

can there be gigantamax shiny Pokemon?

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Guys maybe it’s the same guy and he’s trying to evolve his Magikarp to Gyarados and so he’s traveling the regions to try to find a weak trainer to battle so they will evolve.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Wish we could've explored the Hammerlocked University. One of the big missed opportunities I think of the Let's Go remakes was that they didn't add Celadon University, a canon location of the gameverse, physically into the games. Its been a while since I've seen a 3D library. A massive maze of a library full of Pokemon would be even better, a fun location to get lost in.

Marzbar

Did you guys fail to beat any gym leaders on your first attempt?I am embarrassed to say that I lost to the water gym due to me not having a grass type.I also lost to the rock gym due to my only water type being used early on.
Only 6 gyms in so far, but I’m embarrassed to say that if it wasn’t for healing potions I would have lost to the Ice gym. First 3 mons were a cakewalk and I OHKO’d them. Then Gigantamax Lapras comes out and sets Rain and fires of boosted water moves and G-Resonance or whatever it’s called and everything on my team started dying!

Marzbar

Getting chased by Liepards is insane. They're too fricking fast.
I got chased by one in the wild area and in one of the routes and I swear I had to turbo boost to even somewhat get the F away from the thing (Ya gotta love being bumrushed down narrow paths). Who made it so that you can't outrun some Pokemon on foot? Needing to turbo-boost at that. Some species are literally faster than you to where you NEED a bike to get away. Sneasel too, you need a bike to run from that thing.
Some of these guys.. they are out for blood I stg.

I mean, I ain't complaining! It makes sense for some to be faster than a human but do they gotta give a heart attack like that tho?
Bewear chasing you... I can hear the EEEEEEEEE.

And then there's those that literally pop up under your feet (STEELIX) so it's an unavoidable case of "GOTCHA B-"
Getting chased by a whole pack of Liepards on route 7?... is legitimately terrifying and they cannot be outrun on foot or normal bike

Mag Prime

The Pokemon Avenger
So the games have been out for a few days now and I saw a really nice video demonstrating how scaling in the game sucks so I dug up some of the things I said in this thread a few months ago and added a link to said video after that.
...But at least we have an answer as to how Dynamax Wailord is going to work. Hint: It's not.
And that is precisely one of the reasons why I think Dynamaxing is a really stupid gimmick in the first place, even ignoring all this new info about cutting pokemon out. Imagine a Dynamax Wailord being the same size as a Dynamax Pikachu... That just looks lame and they haven't thought this through. Even ignoring the size disparities between pokemon just enlarging them by x100 is so random and lazy... Even the name is so cheesy...
...Thirdly, dynamax pokemon have to scale differently because a Dynamax Wailord would be bigger than the stadium. Having a DM Pikachu to be like 25% of the size of a DM Wailord when a regular Wailord is like 50x bigger makes this feature look even more ridiculous...
...Btw, these are the sizes of the known Gigantamax pokemon.
They range from a height of 14m (Corvinight) to 30m (Alcremie). By comparison, Wailord's length is about 14.5m if I'm not mistaken and so it would appear that regular Wailord is actually still bigger than Gigantamax Corvinight. This raises a number of interesting questions:
  • Will regular Wailord be treated similarly to Dynamax pokemon by appearing behind the trainer? I'd wager that's not gonna be the case but then will it actually be of comparable size to Dynamax pokemon? (Obviously the numbers suggest that it should but I wonder whether they'll just sleight-of-hand it to be smaller during battle)
  • A lot of people have talked about how Wailord is necessarily gonna scale differently than, say, Pikachu when dynamaxed, but I really wanna see a before/after Dynamax Wailord comparison against another pokemon... I'm really curious as to what they are gonna do.
  • In any case, Wailord has held the title of largest pokemon ever since gen 3, but if it's ever gonna be replaced by something bigger I wonder whether gen 8 is the time for that with these hypothetical giant legendaries.
So this is a mini compilation of things I said about Dynamax and Wailord. Now here is a video that somebody made that puts everything into perspective. It's FAR worse than I thought it would be. I thought they would make Wailord "only" slightly bigger than other pokemon. Instead they actually made it smaller.

Also here is a quick evaluation/summary of some important things people argued with me about a few months ago (I might be paraphrasing some of them):
  1. "A conservative estimate is that the games will contain at least slightly over half the pokemon" - Actually the games contain slightly below half the pokemon. It's by a small margin but turns out the "conservative" estimate wasn't quite conservative enough.
  2. "They will probably fix things like the tree at release" - Nope, it's not only still there but if I'm not mistaken, other than a separate model for dead trees, the infamous tree model is actually the only (or at least one of the very few) tree models in the game and it's HEAVILY repeated throughout the wild area.
Now to be fair I also got a few things "wrong". I put wrong in quotes because I never said these would necessarily be true but the cynic in me definitely suggested that the possibility was there:
  1. I guessed that alolan forms of not cut pokemon would not be in the games. I'm not 100% sure because I don't actually own the games but I believe there are actually some alolan forms still in.
  2. I also speculated on the slim possibility of them removing breeding which thankfully hasn't happened (yet) afaik (and I'm guessing that would be big news so I would know) - But hey, they removed the GTS which I never predicted and that's a fairly big thing too xD
I also said that my opinion of the games could change if they had a solid post-game with a lot of interesting legendaries with cool lore behind them, roaming giant legendaries in the wild area, puzzles/dungeons like how you get the regi trio in RSE etc. I won't spoil specifics for people who don't know but it doesn't seem that the post-game is as strong as I would have hoped (to say the least).

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Can we talk about how the Town Map looks? It’s easily the most ugly map with so much going on at once, making some of the Taxi spots hard to see. Why not have more eye-pleasing map like previous games! Were very simple!
Better that than the Unova circle map. Boy, I wonder where we have to go next. Maybe it's that next town to the left.

DannyDark

SO APPARENTLY I learned recently that Wild Pokemon can randomly just SHOW UP AT YOUR CAMPSITE and JOIN YOU on your journey if you camp/cook for a good long while? Why has nobody talked about this? This is so unknown to me, I had to run into someone mentioning it on Twitter to even find out about this.

I wonder how many people are actually using Camp.. I know I haven't, really, think I've made curry twice?

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
SO APPARENTLY I learned recently that Wild Pokemon can randomly just SHOW UP AT YOUR CAMPSITE and JOIN YOU on your journey if you camp/cook for a good long while? Why has nobody talked about this? This is so unknown to me, I had to run into someone mentioning it on Twitter to even find out about this.
I didn't know that either.

It also confuses me why Copperajah is the next class of Curry above Milcery instead of, you know, Alcremie.

And after looking at the Curry page on Serebii, I've noticed there are ratings below Milcery, which I thought was the lowest one.

xayshade

Did you guys fail to beat any gym leaders on your first attempt?I am embarrassed to say that I lost to the water gym due to me not having a grass type.I also lost to the rock gym due to my only water type being used early on.
Gordie and nessa and raihan i had to rematch. Gordie had that stealthrock and his barbaracle one shotted everyone on my team, even the ones that outlevelled it by 2 levels. And on the rematch i only barely won.

Marzbar

Serebii has updated the Pokédex with shiny forms. This Gen I don’t think there’s any really ugly shinies (apart from Eternatus), which is a pleasant surprise. Some are actually incredible! Notable mentions: Orbeetle, Drednaw, the Toxel line, Dragapult, Polteageist, Grimmsnarl and Frosmoth are all great.

Shiny Obstagoon has to be seen to be believed, trust me...

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Oh man! So much good Pokemon stuff in one week. I got my hands on Pokemon Sword & Shield. I saw the first episode of Pocket Monsters 2019 which is easily my favorite episode and I just saw the new designs of the protagonists of Pokemon Adventures Sword & Shield who look amazing. This is a good week. This is definitely a good week. Soon my team will be ready as well..

On another note. Anyone else thinking of getting a Cramorant for another team? Saw it in action in online multiplayer. I thought it was hilarious that it can swallow a Pikachu, throw it and give a Pokemon the paralysis status effect lol.

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
Hmm, ya know.
I attempted to train a Nickit/Theivul today, and while its moveset as it stands is absolutely TERRIBLE with its stat spread, it's not impossible to use either.
It's just that the usable moves it CAN make use of with its best offensive stat are all Technical Records. Nasty Plot, Dark Pulse, Psychic, and some other fourth move for filler/coverage, Shadowball maybe? Idk, But it's a usable set regardless.

Honestly this Pokemon isn't easy to work with because the moveset is so mismatched with its stats, but I'm trying to make it work. Even Liepard's offensive stats are evenly matched so it running physical/mixed ain't a problem. I really like it though, which is why I'm giving it a chance.

Last edited: