• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Found a den for Gigantamax Centiskorch, but it's 5-star. With the help of someone using Eternatus, we were able to take it down...and yet it broke out of my Net Ball without even one shake. This feels so unfair...they give me this chance and then deny me.

With other stat/ability nerfs, it seems obvious they wanted to make competitive battling more easier for younger children and to make new Pokémon artificially seem better in comparison to older ones.

Au contraire, I'd say Pokémon has been experiencing a slow but steady power creep as the generations have gone by, and that's because of their refusal to nerf much. Prior to this game, I'd say there have been dozens, if not hundreds of buffs, but the numebr of nerfs were in the single digits. Pokémon like Aegislash and Mimikyu deserve to be nerfed, just as Talonflame got nerfed.

Is it possible to get to the Highest level part of the Wild area as soon as the Wild area is unlocked?

That would be Lake of Outrage, and no, you can't access it until you get your sixth badge.

so it's stated that pokemon who have g-max forms might be able to g-max if you caught them in a raid battle. Does this mean that say I catch an impidimp in a raid battle, is there a chance that it's g-max-able? If yes does anyone know the odds?

No, it needs to be in a Gigantamax form when the Max Raid Battle begins. That's how you tell. You'll never find an Impidimp in a Max Raid Battle that can Gigantamax. Only Grimmsnarl Max Raid Battles allow for that, and only if it assumes the Gigantamax form.

Can we talk about how the Town Map looks? It’s easily the most ugly map with so much going on at once, making some of the Taxi spots hard to see. Why not have more eye-pleasing map like previous games! Were very simple!

It's based on British railway maps, actually. While it's not the most gorgeous map in the series, I appreciate the nod to its real-life counterparts.

Last edited:

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
I just beat the game. I feel that the climax is rushed, but the main story is fine. I like this game's characters a lot.
I'm taking a break before starting the post-game story.

My current team:
RmhUO9p.jpg

The day-night cycle (outside the Wild Area) is unlocked in the post game, so it was locked during the main story. lol

Last edited:

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
I love getting Pokemon from Japan! They are legit experts of the game! First got a Lv 1 Charmander with some upped stats then just now got a level 1 Ponyta! I don't know, I just rather raise Pokes from Lv 1 instead of Lv 5 and over. I always think they would be more powerful if raised from the start instead of level 30 or something. Am i wrong?

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Out of depression I decided to get the game and it’s pretty good.

-wild area could be much better, not sure how people get side tracked in there... it’s a fun idea though and definitely something they should work on as it has so much potential

- hop is lucky he is adorable or he would just be annoying, but he’s cute annoying at least

- uhh Leon you’re silly but yes I’ll get on my knees gladly for you daddy

- new Pokémon are lots of fun, can’t decide who to have on my team so I keep changing it

- I do wish I could replay with my absolute favourite Pokémon and go through the story with the Pokémon I want, but alas I cannot and the new Pokémon will suffice for a play through or two

not much else to say so far... gyms are meh, the puzzles are weaker and somehow the trainer battles are more annoying here compared to before but I like the individual aspects of each gym leader. Frick the artist trainer is creepy looking though. And who was in charge of Kabus walk like seriously that’s horrible.

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
I kinda wanna ask why the warning at the top of the forum is still there, since the games have been officially out for almost a week now. Doesn't that render the "leak" thing moot to a point?

BCVM22

For as much of a pain as it is sometimes to get link trading to work, I'm able to consistently invite people to Max Raids, and it turns out they're quite fun when you're not dependent upon three hapless NPCs to help you fight a five-star raid.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
Found a den for Gigantamax Centiskorch, but it's 5-star. With the help of someone using Eternatus, we were able to take it down...and yet it broke out of my Net Ball without even one shake. This feels so unfair...they give me this chance and then deny me.
If Centiskorchis is registered as caught in your Pokedex, Repeat Ball can help.

Last edited:

Paige712

Ok so I've had an issue with golden aura pokemon. I caught 30 Rookidee in a row on Route 2 and eventually found a gold one. Issue is it only had 2 max IV's and no egg move. I thought the min was 3 max and 1 egg move.

Konja7

I've a question:

Does Eevee evolve in Sylveon by friendship or affection in this game?

I've seen some sources that say it evolves by "friendship" and other sources say it is by "affection" (all agree that Eevee also needs a Fairy-type move).

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
A couple of thoughts:

1. It took me too long to realize that Applin is based on the worm in an apple.

2. The 6th Gym Leader in Shield--does her Darmanitan have Zen Mode? I noticed it doing two different attacks before I knocked it out, which shouldn't be possible with Gorilla Tactics.

If Centiskorchis is registered as caught in your Pokedex, Repeat Ball can help.

I know. Centiskorch was not registered as caught in my game up to that point though.

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
I've a question:

Does Eevee evolve in Sylveon by friendship or affection in this game?

I've seen some sources that say it evolves by "friendship" and other sources say it is by "affection" (all agree that Eevee also needs a Fairy-type move).
Friendship and Affection are the same thing in this game. Camp raises friendship, which eventually gives you affection perks in battle. They coincide for SwSh basically. Instead of 2 hearts, you need 50 affection minimum, as easy to get as it is in previous games.

Last edited:

Konja7

Friendship and Affection are the same thing in this game. Camp raises friendship, which eventually gives you affection perks in battle. They coincide for SwSh basically. Instead of 2 hearts, you need 50 affection minimum, as easy to get as it is in previous games.

Thank you for the clarification.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Do you have a source for this? I would be very curious on how much friendship leads to how much affection.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
A couple of thoughts:

1. It took me too long to realize that Applin is based on the worm in an apple.

2. The 6th Gym Leader in Shield--does her Darmanitan have Zen Mode? I noticed it doing two different attacks before I knocked it out, which shouldn't be possible with Gorilla Tactics.

I know. Centiskorch was not registered as caught in my game up to that point though.
Yes, it does. And unlike regular Darmanitan, this one's Zen Mode is far more useful and scary.

Bus

I’ve read reports that Appletun’s Ripen ability doubles Leftovers recovery to 1/8th total HP every turn....

Wow if true
I thought it normally recovers 1/7th max hp? I calculated mine and that's what it came out to for my Appletun. I actually mentioned this in the Recent Discovery page awhile back since the first thing I went hunting for was Applin lol.