• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Since the stadiums are tied to the Dynamax spots, there really are probably no additional stadiums, and there are no minor league gyms. Instead I guess if a Major League Gym leader didn't perform well and is demoted to the Minor League, they have to surrender their stadium to the winning Minor League leader.
As we see with stadiums like that of Allister/Bea, the gym leader's type doesn't have to reflect the surrounding landscape and it appears the stadiums themselves just get redecorated/a paint job to reflect the gym leader's type.

Though I do think that stadiums get control changed every now and then as Gym Leaders move between major and minor leagues, Rose did suggest for Piers to move to a different town, one with a Power Spot. That implies there are other cities, with their own Power Spots, that you don't visit and aren't on the map (since otherwise, it would be an empty Chekhov's Gun to see it on the map and not be able to visit it). There may be cities with unused Power Spots, ones that don't have stadiums built around them, or unused, empty stadiums (or they're used for other purposes--stadiums in real life host other events, like swap meets, concerts, community events, and different sports when the sports that they're meant for aren't going on). There may also be stadiums dedicated solely to a particular Gym Leader regardless of if they're in the Major or Minor League, and the paths challengers take with each season changes accordingly.

-Underwhelming graphics aside, the Wild Area is super fun to explore! If Sinnoh remakes really are coming up, then I would love if the Safari was turned into a Wild Area-esque place.

That...is a very good idea. I was wondering where they could potentially fit a Wild Area. I was thinking of them expanding Sinnoh to include a counterpart to a neighboring area of Hokkaido. They already did that with Sakhalin adapted into the Fight Area landmass though.

Just now realizing there are only 3 Legendaries in this game!! And the game has already been Datamined! So I guess we won't be getting 2 or 3 movies this generation.

See, that was one thing I was genuinely wondering about. Pokémon movies are themed on Legendary Pokémon, and it would make the most sense for Zacian and Zamazenta to share one as they're counterparts (or at least debut at the same time as two different movies, which has been done before). If Eternatus is not used in it, it could be saved for another movie, but from the way the anime has been handling Legendary Pokémon that are important to the games' story, those would probably wind up in the regular TV anime, like with Nebby and Necrozma. (Naganadel and Guzzlord too if you count them as Legendary Pokémon.)

Does anyone know how to increase my chances of finding Gigantamax Corviknight and Grimmsnarl.Ie been hunting for them for a while

The only way I know of is to just have Y-Comm on and check it frequently to see if any such raids come up. I only see ones for Corviknight every once in a while though, and I haven't seen one for Grimmsnarl at all, so it looks like they're just really rare. (Centiskorch is oddly common though, and it seems Sandaconda is increasing in frequency too.)

BCVM22

James Turner just tweeted this delightful artwork, I assume drawn by him.

Just now realizing there are only 3 Legendaries in this game!! And the game has already been Datamined! So I guess we won't be getting 2 or 3 movies this generation.

I believe the datamine showed there are two open slots remaining in the data, ones that would ostensibly go to event Legendaries. Possible that Game Freak got tired of people taking Legendaries that are supposed to be secrets and a year or two years away from being revealed and plastering their mugs all over the Internet.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Here's the list of older Move Tutors, TMs and HMs that have not been made into TMs or TRs in this generation. I already posted this on the Change thread, but I figured it also needs to be here for future game speculation:
Gen I TMs:
  1. Razor Wind
  2. Whirlwind
  3. Toxic
  4. Horn Drill
  5. Take Down
  6. Double-Edge
  7. Bubble Beam
  8. Water Gun
  9. Submission
  10. Counter
  11. Seismic Toss
  12. Rage
  13. Dragon Rage
  14. Mega Drain
  15. Fissure
  16. Teleport
  17. Mimic
  18. Double Team
  19. Bide
  20. Egg Bomb
  21. Skull Bash
  22. Soft-Boiled
  23. Dream Eater
  24. Sky Attack
  25. Psywave
  26. Explosion
Gen II TMs:
  1. Dynamic Punch
  2. Headbutt
  3. Curse
  4. Rollout
  5. Roar
  6. Zap Cannon
  7. Rock Smash
  8. Psych Up
  9. Hidden Power
  10. Sweet Scent
  11. Frustration
  12. Dragon Breath
  13. Mud-Slap
  14. Swagger
  15. Defense Curl
  16. Detect
  17. Fury Cutter
  18. Nightmare
Gen III TMs:
  1. Focus Punch
  2. Water Pulse
  3. Return
  4. Shock Wave
  5. Aerial Ace
  6. Torment
  7. Secret Power
  8. Snatch
Gen IV TMs:
  1. Roost
  2. Charge Beam
  3. Silver Wind
  4. Embargo
  5. Recycle
  6. Rock Polish
  7. Flash
  8. Captivate
  9. Natural Gift
  10. Pluck
Gen V TMs:
  1. Hone Claws
  2. Telekinesis
  3. Smack Down
  4. Flame Charge
  5. Sky Drop
  6. Incinerate
  7. Quash
  8. Struggle Bug
  9. Frost Breath
  10. Dragon Tail
  11. Echoed Voice
  12. Round
Gen VI TMs:
  1. Infestation
  2. Nature Power
  3. Power-Up Punch
  4. Confide
Gen VII TMs:
  1. Aurora Veil
LGPE TMs:
  1. Outrage
  2. Drill Run
HMs:
  1. Cut
  2. Rock Climb
  3. Defog
  4. Strength
Other Move Tutors:

Gen IV Move Tutors:
  1. Air Cutter
  2. Knock Off
  3. Ominous Wind
  4. Sucker Punch
  5. Vacuum Wave
  6. Last Resort
  7. Magnet Rise
  8. Spite
  9. Synthesis
  10. Ancient Power
  11. Aqua Tail
  12. Endeavor
  13. Gastro Acid
  14. Signal Beam
  15. Twister
  16. Bug Bite
  17. Pain Split
  18. Super Fang
  19. Block
  20. Gravity
  21. Magic Coat
  22. String Shot
  23. Worry Seed
  24. Heal Bell
  25. Role Play
  26. Tailwind
Gen V Move Tutors:
  1. Covet
  2. Dual Chop
  3. Bind
  4. After You
Gen VI Move Tutors: N/A

Gen VII Move Tutors:
  1. Laser Focus

Disclaimer: A lot of these moves are not currently available in the game and only exist as placeholders. Unavailable moves are NOT listed. Regardless, currently available moves will be more than sufficient for next game's Move Tutors.

Species-exclusive Move Tutors like Mew tutors from XD or Volt Tackle tutor from Gen 7 are not listed as well.

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I wonder if they're done with trade evolutions. I can't think of any Gen VII or Gen VIII Pokemon that require trading to evolve. Heck, they even give you Gengar and Gigalith in the Wild Area straight out.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Is Stonjourner’s Shield Dex entry supposed to imply something about irl Stonehenge? I get the circle part but do the whole specific date thing refer to something that happens in the real world or no?
Stonehenge is a solstice calendar or something like it. The sun lines up with it perfectly on certain days.

Orphalesion

Though I do think that stadiums get control changed every now and then as Gym Leaders move between major and minor leagues, Rose did suggest for Piers to move to a different town, one with a Power Spot. That implies there are other cities, with their own Power Spots, that you don't visit and aren't on the map (since otherwise, it would be an empty Chekhov's Gun to see it on the map and not be able to visit it). There may be cities with unused Power Spots, ones that don't have stadiums built around them, or unused, empty stadiums (or they're used for other purposes--stadiums in real life host other events, like swap meets, concerts, community events, and different sports when the sports that they're meant for aren't going on). There may also be stadiums dedicated solely to a particular Gym Leader regardless of if they're in the Major or Minor League, and the paths challengers take with each season changes accordingly.

That would certainly open up a lot of Posibilities for B2/W2 style sequel games.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
What's the consensus on the difficulty of Leon? I haven't gotten to him yet but I'm curious on others' experience with him.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
What's the consensus on the difficulty of Leon? I haven't gotten to him yet but I'm curious on others' experience with him.

Definitely the hardest battle of the game (which isn't saying much since the rest of the game is easy). But it's a very fun battle (my second favorite champion battle of the series) which makes it feel super satisfying to become champion.

TheMaskedRoyal

Anyone know if you can only get the lucky egg after beating Leon? Every time I go into the seafood restaurant the chef is facing away from me like he's staring at the corner.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Leon’s team jumps up like, ten levels from your last League opponent, so if you go in unprepared it could be troublesome.

Thankfully I stacked up on EXP Candies so I buffed up my Pokémon a little before facing him. Battle was still a little hard (had to rely on my Aegislash’s King Shield a lot), but fun regardless.