• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
It's still a plot hole, because, even though Leon brings it up, we never get a satisfying or logical answer from the good chairman. It's still "it has to be RIGHT NOW because...uh....the game needs a climax!" There is no good reason for Rose doing what he does when he does it. No reason ti couldn't be done two days later, or 2 years later, or really at any other point during the next 1000 years.

As I wrote above there is no urgency to Rose's actions. If it had been about preventing an immediate calamity, then it would have made sense that it has to happen right now (and it could have made a point about exploitation of natural resources). But with the problem not being a problem for 1000 more years everything only happens because Rose says so for no apparent reason.

"In fiction, a plot hole, plothole or plot error is a gap or inconsistency in a storyline that goes against the flow of logic established by the story's plot.[1] Such inconsistencies include such things as illogical, unlikely or impossible or events,[2] and statements or events that contradict earlier events in the storyline."

It is not unlikely, illogical, or contradictory of previous events. Again, the game points out Rose is looking at things way too far in the future, to the point where delaying things a day or two won't matter. But Rose's personality is one that has to do things right now. He's a dark (well, gray, since he immediately backs down) foil to Hop. And it certainly didn't help to have Oleana enabling him the entire time.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
So I found out where the theme Toby Fox made plays in game and I love it. Nothing too crazy but I'm still glad it's here

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Iirc she lived in poverty in the past and her only friend at the time was a Trubbish? With that known, it's possible that the Garbodor she Gigantamaxes is that same Trubbish from then.

It also could be a symbol that she's a trash person on the inside. :p jk jk

I wish the game would let you gigantamax Pokemon outside of raids. :(

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
I’ve been doing this for hours trying to find Gigantamax Hatterene. I found everything that appears in that den, except Hatterene. :/
Don't give up, G-Max Hatterene's rarity is 5%.
I used this trick to find G-Max Coalossal and caught it.

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Don't give up, G-Max Hatterene's rarity is 5%.
I used this trick to find G-Max Coalossal and caught it.
Gigantimax Coalossal should be exclusive to Shield. It's a defensive Pokemon after all. Sword already stole our Gym Leader's Darmanitan, why do they also get a more defensive Coalossal?

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Gigantimax Coalossal should be exclusive to Shield. It's a defensive Pokemon after all. Sword already stole our Gym Leader's Darmanitan, why do they also get a more defensive Coalossal?
Because Shield gets the defensive Ice-type Lapras?

Like... both the G-Max exclusives are offensive(Gengar + Machamp) and defensive (Coalossal + Lapras)

ShadowForce720

Like... both the G-Max exclusives are offensive(Gengar + Machamp) and defensive (Coalossal + Lapras)

Plus the version exclusives were likely spilt up in a way to balance out the exclusives that each version had so that neither version would have an overwhelming advantage over the other version. Now of course there is always going to be one version that's more popular then the other version but at the same time the whole point is not to have this huge gap between them. I mean heck just imagine what would happen if you swap Galarian Ponyta and Galarian Rapidash with Galarian Darumaka and Galarian Darmanitan so that Sword would have Galarian Ponyta and Galarian Rapidash along with Galarian Farfetch'd and Sirfetch'd while Shield would then have Galarian Darumaka and Galarian Darmanitan as well as Galarian Corsola and Cursola.

While don't get me wrong Galarian Darumaka, Galarian Darmanitan, Galarian Corsola and Cursola are nice and all but I really don't think their as popular as Galarian Ponyta,Galarian Rapidash, Galarian Farfetch'd and Sirfetch'd. So I do think that if had Galarian Ponyta,Galarian Rapidash, Galarian Farfetch'd and Sirfetch'd while Shield had Galarian Darumaka, Galarian Darmanitan, Galarian Corsola and Cursola that it would give Sword to much of an advantage over Shield.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
G-Max Coalossal is the ace of the Rock-type Gym Leader (Sword) and G-Max Lapras is the ace of the Ice-type Gym Leader (Shield), so that's why. Same with G-Max Machamp (Sword) and G-Max Gengar (Shield). I don't know why Darmanitan is exclusive to Sword.

Last edited:

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
So do we know the mechanics behind Stunfisk New ability? Which of its types (Ground or Steel) changes and what are all The possible combinations?

Zachmac

Okay this might include some story spoilers so I'm putting this in a spoiler tag for now:

So I'm a bit confused here when it comes to the supposed trio of Zacian, Zamazenta, and Eternatus, now looking at past legendary trios the members of the trios tend to share multiple similarities even if some didn't share typings together, to where you could easily see how they fit together and all shared a theme even with the gen 7 trio of Solgaleo, Lunala and Ultra Necrozma you could easily see how Necrozma even in it's base form could fit into the trio as it did have some similarities to Solgaleo and Lunala despite not being part of the same evolutionary line as them. However while I can see how Zacian and Zamazenta are connected as they do have multiple similarities to each other however when you try to incorporate Eternatus into this it winds up sticking out like a sore thumb. I mean the only thing Eternatus seems to have in common with Zacian and Zamazenta is that they all of have 2nd forms but even then Eternatus still sticks out because Zacian and Zamazenta have special hold items(that are weapons) that turn them into their 2nd forms while Eternatus's 2nd form is it Eternamaxing instead.

Plus besides all that the only connection lore wise Zacian and Zamazenta have with Eternatus is the fact that they fight Eternatus. Looking at their origins to while Zacian and Zamazenta are from the pokemon world Eternatus seems to be from space. So unless there is more to the story and lore that winds up explaining how Eternatus is to connected to Zacian and Zamazenta. Also apparently looking it up Eternatus is possibly based on Thanatos, the Greek god of death.
They're themed after legends and stories about knights fighting dragons. Zacian and Zamazenta are knights, and Eternatus is the dragon they defeat.

It's a pretty lose theme but I think it fits, especially with Galar being based off the United Kingdom.

TheWanderingMist

Yeah, but BOTH of Shield's are frickin' Kanto mons. Sword at least gets a Gen VIII exclusive GMAX. I'm not counting the Applin line since both versions get their own GMAX of it.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
What was the post game story? I like Piers getting more interactions, getting more tidbits via the rare League Cards, resolution for Hop and Sonia's storylines, & the fight against the legends but the duo introduced felt so pointless. I get their arrogance was a part of their characters but their entire plot line felt so forced.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Ok, is there a particular reason why I am encountering so many Gigantimax Centiskorch dens? Is there some new event I don't know about?

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Ok, is there a particular reason why I am encountering so many Gigantimax Centiskorch dens? Is there some new event I don't know about?
There's a current ongoing event that boosts the spawns of G-Max Corviknight, Drednaw, Butterfree, and Centiskorch.

I've heard people say Sandaconda is boosted too, but I have no clue there. Haven't seen any of them in Shield, so they may be boosted only in Sword similar to Drednaw.

Orphalesion

It is not unlikely, illogical, or contradictory of previous events. Again, the game points out Rose is looking at things way too far in the future, to the point where delaying things a day or two won't matter. But Rose's personality is one that has to do things right now. He's a dark (well, gray, since he immediately backs down) foil to Hop. And it certainly didn't help to have Oleana enabling him the entire time.

Except, you know that's subjective and my eyes the whole thing was entirely illogical and unlikely because they didn't give motivations that justified the actions.
I think not including a sense of urgency to the events made them seem rather weak, and harmed Rose's motivations. Not saying that it's bad that Rose looks at the long term, but that they chose such a ridiculous long period of time makes it all seem rather silly to me.
Call it weak writing then, if you like (which in itself is subjective)

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
There's a current ongoing event that boosts the spawns of G-Max Corviknight, Drednaw, Butterfree, and Centiskorch.

I've heard people say Sandaconda is boosted too, but I have no clue there. Haven't seen any of them in Shield, so they may be boosted only in Sword similar to Drednaw.
Interesting. Thanks for letting me know. I knew about the Butterfree, Drednaw, and Corviknight already.
I have already encountered two Gigantimax Centiskorches today.