• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Missingno.Fan

Is it just me or are Pokemon harder to catch in this game? I just got through battling a Perserker who was paralyzed with its health in the red, and it broke out of six or seven Great Balls and at least five Ultra Balls.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Is it just me or are Pokemon harder to catch in this game? I just got through battling a Perserker who was paralyzed with its health in the red, and it broke out of six or seven Great Balls and at least five Ultra Balls.
I dunno about that, but I am convinced that some of the catch rates on Serebii are inaccurate.

Baggie_Saiyan

Finished the game. So many thoughts but quick bullet points for now:

. Loved most of the new Mons!
. Loved how the cities weren't named that.
. Music top notch
. Wild Area one of the best things
. Models look 10x than 3ds games!
. Unfortunately the story was the only thing I was mildly disappointed in, felt like not much happened story wise until the championship match then BOOM massive story drop like that. Sure Sonia came in once a while and gave some minor exposition but wasn't much going on otherwise.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Was your own Pokemon a lower level? That drastically lowers the catch rate. Also possible you're just unlucky or that Perrserker is a Mantine catch rate situation.

Zachmac

You know after thinking about it for so long, they’re right: The textures on the trees and rocks really are awful lol.

Of course they won’t impact my enjoyment of the game but they really could have done a lot better in this area.

Also the random weather in the Wild Area is stupid and I hope whatever potential future Wild Area-like location scraps this crap entirely.
I find bad textures to be 100% forgivable. The game would definitely look way better if the textures were more clean, but its easy to get used to it.

Its the render distance that drives me insane. That can actually effect gameplay by making Watt Traders harder to find or roaming pokemon harder to avoid then they need to be.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I find bad textures to be 100% forgivable. The game would definitely look way better if the textures were more clean, but its easy to get used to it.

Its the render distance that drives me insane. That can actually effect gameplay by making Watt Traders harder to find or roaming pokemon harder to avoid then they need to be.
The render distance is workable but yeah, it's pretty bad compared to a lot of other open-world games I've seen. I remember running into a Gardevoir the side of a puppy this one time.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
I was recently wondering why Leon's Charizard uses Ancientpower (G-Max Rockfall). I understand it covers very few of his counters (mostly Pelipper and Gyarados) but wouldn't having a Ground move on it be more beneficial?

That way it could counter electric Types (including Toxtricity which many Player's Teams end up with due to it's popularity and the fact you get one as a Gift), Rock (including Coalossal which checks on Charizard), Poison (including Eternatus which many Players will use at this point) and, from a game lore perspective, Raihan's Duraludon.

Any thoughts?

BCVM22

Because they aren't worried about extensive checks like that for in-game opponents, for the most part. Things like allowing Fighting-types to have Rock- or Dark-type attacks to keep you on your toes are about as complex as they get.

ShinyHunterMan

Does anyone know if you are able to restart your game when breeding for shinies so you dont have to release them all or is it like sun and moon where the shinies are predetermined?
So like i hatch 50 eggs and instead of releasing i reset the game and then hatch 50 more will those be the same or could one of the 50 be shiny?

BCVM22

Your number of attempts has no bearing on your odds of success. It is still a one-in-however-many-thousand chance every time a new egg hatches. You could get it on your first try, you could try for a week and not get it.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
. Unfortunately the story was the only thing I was mildly disappointed in, felt like not much happened story wise until the championship match then BOOM massive story drop like that. Sure Sonia came in once a while and gave some minor exposition but wasn't much going on otherwise.

True, the main story wasn't as good as I had hoped.

I was more invested in the subplots of supporting characters than the actual plot of the game.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Apparently Ralts-line's Egg Group has been changed from Amorphous to Human-Like/Amorphous. This is kind of a huge deal, since this means other mono-Egg Group species can be retrofitted to other Egg Groups in the future generations to cover other remaining unused Egg Group combos (and to lesser extent, existing species can be existing combos for new Egg Moves like Emolga becoming Field/Fairy like most other Pikaclones).

Edit:
https://serebii.net/swordshield/updatedegggroups.shtml
Main site is updated, apparently there is a lot of Species with changed Egg Groups. This is the only major buff besides some moveset distributions so far, which is kinda sad, but I'm glad we finally have this as another generational change. This helps A LOT, especially for future gens.

Last edited:

Baggie_Saiyan

SOB. I just found out Lapras Gigantamax raid is exclusive to Shield.... I had Shield first then when Sword came switched over to that.... I now regret.

I guess I will have to spoil myself now on what Gigantamax Lappy looks like! No way I can withold playing through Shield lol

Ultra Beast Lover

Are there any funny Pokemon Camp interactions? Like do some Pokemon race each other, do Tyranitar and Duraludon or Boltund and Thievul fight? If interaction between teammates is limited then that's another thing that needs to be expanded upon

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Are there any funny Pokemon Camp interactions? Like do some Pokemon race each other, do Tyranitar and Duraludon or Boltund and Thievul fight? If interaction between teammates is limited then that's another thing that needs to be expanded upon
Don't know if it was intentional but my Persian and Perrserker were arguing for quite awhile like how the PokéDex alludes to their mutual disdain for each other

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

Isn't render distance a system limitation? I don't really mind the Pokemon popping in and out but it does make finding Watt Traders a pain.

Marzbar

Not sure if this is already known, but the berry tree closest to the Hammerlocke Hills flying taxi drop off point can drop a Leftovers. I just got one then. It’s a tree on the edge of the cliff, south of the city wall/taxi point. Has grass next to it.

anjunajake

you were the sun & moon to me
They sold significantly more than XY and had a comparable attachment rate, and looking through news reports I’ve found they may have actually sold more than Sun and Moon as well. We didn’t actually get reliable estimates for SM for the same time period, but what I can find that’s verifiable is 5.7 million in its first whole week - which is less than the weekend total for Sword and Shield.

These may actually have had the biggest Nintendo launch of all time. They definitely, verifiably had the biggest launch for the franchise in terms of revenue, and probably in units sold.

Thank you for always spitting nothing but straight facts here! Lol.

Also, wanted to drop back in now that I've finished the game. I thoroughly enjoyed them for the most part, but all the critizitations of them is very valid, in my opinion. If they would of have another year, I think they could have been masterpieces. I think the new few games on switch may show what they can really do. As long as they keep improving, I'm good with it.

I love all the changes made to the competitive aspect of the game, however. Time to start working on my VGC teams, and laddering up in game :D