• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Haven't caught the dog yet. Wonder why it can't Dynamax. I understand why Eternatus can't, but the dogs really should be able to. It's not like Dynamax Cannon or Eternabeam would do anything to Zacian anyway (which is dumb, the defensively immune typing should have gone to Zamazenta).

It's actually kind of funny, because unless I missed it somewhere, the game outright forgot to explain why Zacian and Zamazenta aren't affected by Galar particles and therefore can't Dynamax. It's clear that they aren't, and it's slightly relevant to the post-game storyline (one of the rich dudes comes up with the brilliant plan to blast the opposite cover legendary with Galar particles in an attempt to Dynamax it and prove it... fake, I guess? I have no idea, the post-game plot makes even less sense than the main plot...), but it seems like the writers just kind of forgot to explain why that is, lol.

Zachmac

It's actually kind of funny, because unless I missed it somewhere, the game outright forgot to explain why Zacian and Zamazenta aren't affected by Galar particles and therefore can't Dynamax. It's clear that they aren't, and it's slightly relevant to the post-game storyline (one of the rich dudes comes up with the brilliant plan to blast the opposite cover legendary with Galar particles in an attempt to Dynamax it and prove it... fake, I guess? I have no idea, the post-game plot makes even less sense than the main plot...), but it seems like the writers just kind of forgot to explain why that is, lol.
I think the idea is that they're not totally immune, but it takes waaay more Galar particles to effect them then with other pokemon - more then you'll find in just a single power spot. Zamazenta (or Zacian if you're playing shield) doesn't grow in size but it does seem to struggle to resist it when bombared with the particles. Meanwhile we know that Eternatus can take on a massive form, but only by absorbing all the energy in Galar.

That's how I interpret it, at least.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
You can just do a surprise trade or swap a League card and a bunch of new ones should pop up.

Yeah, though that's still a workaround rather than a true refresh. There are a lot of things wrong with the Y-Comm; I get the impression it was meant to be for in-person trading, battling, and such, but was hastily adapted for online without seeing what might not work with it.

I think the idea is that they're not totally immune, but it takes waaay more Galar particles to effect them then with other pokemon - more then you'll find in just a single power spot. Zamazenta (or Zacian if you're playing shield) doesn't grow in size but it does seem to struggle to resist it when bombared with the particles. Meanwhile we know that Eternatus can take on a massive form, but only by absorbing all the energy in Galar.

That's how I interpret it, at least.

That'd actually be a good reason to not let other Legendary Pokémon Dynamax too...as well as provide an in-universe definition for Legendary Pokémon. After all, there appears to be an exception to every rule of Legendary Pokémon. Perhaps this can be a way for an in-universe character to identify a Pokémon as Legendary.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
That'd actually be a good reason to not let other Legendary Pokémon Dynamax too...as well as provide an in-universe definition for Legendary Pokémon. After all, there appears to be an exception to every rule of Legendary Pokémon. Perhaps this can be a way for an in-universe character to identify a Pokémon as Legendary.

It's debatable whether or not that even applies to the 3 legendary Pokemon we have in SwSh though, as we've seen that Eternatus is capable of undergoing something similar to Gigantomax in its Eternamax form, even though the player can't access it.

I'm curious whether the other legendaries that are present in SwSh's code can Dynamax, or if it's just the wolves and Eternatus who are incapable of doing so.

EDIT: Also, it's worth mentioning that Eternatus in its standard form is 65 feet tall. I have a theory that Eternatus is always Dynamaxed, which is why it appears to be so massive, and why it can't Dynamax further without absorbing an absurd amount of power and going into its Eternamax form.

Last edited:
Do you guys want to know what quality of life feature I wish was in this game? Being able to pick up eggs from the nursery remotely through the PC. I mean, we can dump eggs in the PC, transferring straight from the nursery to your party via PC shouldn't be out of the question since we can access our boxes from the party. I'd love a change in scenery while hatching eggs, not just the same bridge or small area of the Wild Area.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Yeah, though that's still a workaround rather than a true refresh. There are a lot of things wrong with the Y-Comm; I get the impression it was meant to be for in-person trading, battling, and such, but was hastily adapted for online without seeing what might not work with it.

Which wouldn't happen with a lot of gamers. Not everyone takes their Switch out that often, may not have friends nearby or have access to more than one Switch.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
There is one thing I never understood about the Battle Tower. GameFreak doesn't have to create entirely new trainers to keep the Battle Tower interesting. They can just throw in the Gym Leaders and the rivals in to make it an interesting long-lasting post game experience rather than just keep it to Leon.

Marzbar

Not having a refresh button is rather silly though (well they kinda do but it’s inconsistent)

Also this bike is so slow compared to the Gen 6 bikes and Tauros Pokeride in SM/USUM. Why did I waste my Watts upgrading it! Worst bike since Gen 5 (issue with that being too fast)
I agree the bike is super slow! But I’m wondering if that is deliberate... due to poor draw distances and the graphical limitations of the Wild area. If you had a faster bike, you’d have Pokémon and NPCs popping in and out all over the place and creating lag and issues

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
It's debatable whether or not that even applies to the 3 legendary Pokemon we have in SwSh though, as we've seen that Eternatus is capable of undergoing something similar to Gigantomax in its Eternamax form, even though the player can't access it.

I'm curious whether the other legendaries that are present in SwSh's code can Dynamax, or if it's just the wolves and Eternatus who are incapable of doing so.

EDIT: Also, it's worth mentioning that Eternatus in its standard form is 65 feet tall. I have a theory that Eternatus is always Dynamaxed, which is why it appears to be so massive, and why it can't Dynamax further without absorbing an absurd amount of power and going into its Eternamax form.
Wow thats incredibly disappointing that they didn't have Eternatus the same size as Dynamax pokemon in battle then, he still seemed pretty normal sized for a pokemon..

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
A new vid confirms that G-Max Snorlax will be a thing from December 4th to early January in the Wild Area.
The rest of the vid is pretty much irrelevant, apart from official artwork of the starter evos.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I like how everyone's faking being surprised about this information that's been around for nearly a month lol

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
A new vid confirms that G-Max Snorlax will be a thing from December 4th to early January in the Wild Area.
The rest of the vid is pretty much irrelevant, apart from official artwork of the starter evos.
I think that the other missing Gigantamax forms will be available in a similar way before the expansion game makes them all accessible in the regular game, like the Snorlium, Mewnium, and Marshadium were treated in Gen 7.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
I think that the other missing Gigantamax forms will be available in a similar way before the expansion game makes them all accessible in the regular game, like the Snorlium-Z, Mewnium-Z, and Marshadium-Z were treated in Gen 7.
I agree, though I am interested in seeing how Gigantamax Melmetal will be handled in that regard.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
G-Max Snorlax gave me an idea for Torterra's G-max Form

Instead of the giant tree, G-Max Torterra could have a Whole Forest or whatever

anjunajake

you were the sun & moon to me
Ah ok makes sense. Still I wonder how this will work for casual online play. And correct me if I'm wrong but they banned megas from VCG didn't they? I guess they'd have to do the same for Dyna/Giganta.

They did not ban megas.

The general consensus by the VGC community seems to be the 2020 format will allow Dynamax but not Gigantamax. That will likely be allowed in the next format.

Also, apparently G-max Snorlax is... Torterra???