• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Ultra Beast Lover

XD have you guys seen this?
, how I wish we could understand that argument. I'm assuming Togepi was being a rebellious child and Cinderace was disciplining it.

BCVM22

I think that the other missing Gigantamax forms will be available in a similar way before the expansion game makes them all accessible in the regular game, like the Snorlium, Mewnium, and Marshadium were treated in Gen 7.

They’re all in the code now - these don’t add anything to the game that wasn’t already in there to some degree. We “knew” about them once the game was datamined. Game Freak just has to make them accessible via event like this.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Gotta say I really like the official art for Rillaboom, gives it a really natural gorilla aesthetic thanks to it not having its tools out and being on all fours. What irony that the gorilla pokemon would be arguably the least humanoid of the three starter's final forms.

Orphalesion

Will be interesting to see when the 2 mythicals that were found in the code (but without names, types or models) will be released. Like will they still be in SwSh or in whatever games GF produces next year?

BCVM22

One of them might be revealed in conjunction with Sword/Shield, perhaps next summer. The second will probably be revealed after a new game has become the standard, but downloadable by Sword/Shield.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
You know. I think what I find most funny about the twins at the post-game, SPOILERS, is the hair physics in the Pokemon battles. In anime, you often see this image of long hair flowing against the wind right? Here, you have this guy whose hair that looks like a sword, flapping back and forth against the wind lol.

Baggie_Saiyan

One thing I will admit is this game might be similar to XY in the sense that once the awe is gone there won't be much replayibilty due to the mediocre story, and you can't get the best out of the WA until last gym so unlike XY however I feel post will end up up bringing me back.

For this reason I decided to play Shield immediately after completing Sword as there is still a lot of Mons I haven't seen yet.

I think these games will definitely benefit from an enhanced version hopefully we get that next and no DP remakes, I feel like no enhanced version killed Kalos don't want the same to happen here because much like Kalos I love the Galar region so much.

Unrelated I went to check my Moon save and I clocked 162 hours! I finished Sword in 32 hrs, I have no Nintendo online so I definitely won't be beat time lol.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
You know what Inteleon's animation of the Sniper Shot move kind of reminds me of? Anime cosplayers.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
It also explains why the line gets Fell Stinger of all things as an Egg Move. I just wish we knew what this tail blade looked like.
I honestly didn't know it could get Fell Stinger as an egg move, but I'd also have been interested in seeing what the tail blade looked like.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I agree, though I am interested in seeing how Gigantamax Melmetal will be handled in that regard.

I'm guessing a Gigantamax-capable Meltan or Melmetal will be made available later on. That's how it's generally been for Mythical Pokémon anyway.

Wait, why are they showing starter evolutions now?

My guess: whatever company Game Freak needs to get approval from has finally given them permission. For the same reason, that's likely also why we haven't had a patch for the autosave glitch yet. When I saw the video, I had the impression this was meant to be released weeks ago, if not months ago, but some approval process had gummed up the pre-release video schedule.

It also explains why the line gets Fell Stinger of all things as an Egg Move. I just wish we knew what this tail blade looked like.

Heh, I just assumed it was part of Inteleon being a high-precision gunner.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
1: Field Moves being removed completely, I can understand you. Playing Ultra Sun again I really like you couldn't get to certain treasures and you had to backtrack once you got a certain Ride like Sharpedo which could smash rocks in the water. However, I think they wanted this to be the most user-friendly Pokemon game and the old HMs theory wasn't cutting it. I admit that giving the ability to fast-travel right after the opening ceremony and before your first gym was a bit too convenient but they were smart to make 'surfing' with your bike happen late shows that they aren't completely out of the loop. After all, we cannot have you going to the Lake of Outrage and getting one-shot by Level 60 Pokemon, can we? XD

They didn't really need to remove field abilities completely to make the game accessible, they just needed to make them easily obtainable. SM/USUM had this much right, they didn't need to go back on this.

2: I admit that I was ticked when I found out that G-Max Butterfree wasn't a feature for all Butterfree and had to be caught. I was hoping to import that Shadow Butterfree from XD into Pokemon Sword, but nope, not worth it without those golden wings. Then again, it would be too convenient. However, I think G-Max Pokemon are mostly eye candy because other than their STAB move becoming a signature move that has a different effect, it's not worth it to catch a G-Max Pokemon.

It's still better than nothing and I'd like to have even those boosted moves. Whether or not they're worth having is a different discussion, but having an entire form change mechanic locked to special instances is the larger issue.

3: Poison-type legendary? Poipole was an Ultra Beast, and those were a tier over legendary Pokemon. I can see why they are axing the Ultra Beasts in future generations, a Dynamaxed Ultra Beast would make 5* raids a joke. XD I am finally glad that every type has had a gym so far now with Spikemuth. I think they were trying to figure out how to make a dark-type gym, but having a gym based in a slum city with a punk rocker gym leader was perfect, considering how the new Galarian variant of Zigzagoon and its new evo resemble punk rockers. (Yes, I have to reference K.I.S.S. but I know it's based on British punk bands.)

Ultra Beasts technically aren't considered legendaries, even though they're close enough. Nevertheless, this is the first traditional Poison legendary.

5: I know that the main story's end means the game basically loses its power, but I've been so busy trying to get perfect Pokemon with all these Max Raid battles I have not really noticed the lack of side content. That's why I think that they'll skip Diamond and Pearl remakes and just remake Black and White since it didn't have any good side-content. (The musicals were nothing more than cosmetic although I'd like to see a remake of Black 2 and White 2 instead as the Pokestar Studios side-quest was kind of fun, seeing all of the movie plots. :cool:)

Max Raid battles are just another form of wild encounters though, it doesn't really add much else to the game. And speaking of wild encounters, with Galar's 400 being the only ones available in the game this game has the lowest amount of available Pokemon in the series since Emerald with the exception of LGPE. So that's another red mark against this game's content.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Max Raid battles are just another form of wild encounters though, it doesn't really add much else to the game. And speaking of wild encounters, with Galar's 400 being the only ones available in the game this game has the lowest amount of available Pokemon in the series since Emerald with the exception of LGPE. So that's another red mark against this game's content.
Keep in mind that number will go up by 35 once we are able to transfer. Not to mention the Alolan forms that we'll get access to.

BCVM22

I'm guessing a Gigantamax-capable Meltan or Melmetal will be made available later on. That's how it's generally been for Mythical Pokémon anyway.

Or it'll be flagged that any Melmetal from LGP/E and/or GO can Gigantamax, given that they constitute the one source from which Meltan/Melmetal can be found right now.

My guess: whatever company Game Freak needs to get approval from has finally given them permission. For the same reason, that's likely also why we haven't had a patch for the autosave glitch yet. When I saw the video, I had the impression this was meant to be released weeks ago, if not months ago, but some approval process had gummed up the pre-release video schedule.

Not necessarily. The box art forms of the wolves wouldn't necessarily be something they'd want to reveal ahead of time, nor would the full evolutions of the starters. I believe it's routine that they spotlight the final starter evolutions after release.

Zachmac

Wasn't that glitch traced back to faulty SD cards like with the Smash Bros Piranha Plant one?

If that wasn't just a rumor, it might never get patched anyway since that isn't really GF's fault. I don't believe the Smash Bros glitch ever got fixed.

RoughCoronet0

Dragon lover
at3a7wz93yy01.png

If you are referring to regional dex amounts, only X&Y had more Pokémon in their regional dex (If Sw&Sh dex is 435 in total) at 457. Ultra Sun & Moon had 403 in their regional dex. Bulbapedia has a list of regional Pokédex as well.

Obviously in the previous games you could transfer Pokémon from older titles but as far as Pokémon found in game is concerned it’s a pretty big amount.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
I know that, but what I was referring to was if the Gigantamax-capable Melmetal was made available as Meltan, how would we evolve it in-game if you catch my drift.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I know that, but what I was referring to was if the Gigantamax-capable Melmetal was made available as Meltan, how would we evolve it in-game if you catch my drift.
I don't know because these games lack direct compatibility with GO.