• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Yeah it's time for Pokemon Home and Pokemon Sleep.

Though 20 minutes explaining both these things after an explaination about those two things in the announcement videos they played at that event seems to be a bit much and wasting a whole Pokemon Direct for only that I don't think it's only going to be about those two things.

I smell a Spin-Off. Maybe some information about Detective Pikachu 2 or maybe a new Mystery Dungeon or in a very unlikely case reveal dlc content for SwSh.
I doubt they will make a Detective Pikachu 2 because then people will want another movie and the last one didn't do very great.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
I doubt they will make a Detective Pikachu 2 because then people will want another movie and the last one didn't do very great.

They already confirmed a Detective Pikachu 2 on the Switch some time ago. They haven't spoken about it since, which is why some are thinking they might talk about it in the upcoming direct.

The movie is also very loosely based on the game; they're actually quite different. I think they reason they doing it is because the game ended on a cliffhanger, so they want to resolve that.

Miar

Wigglytuff Guild recruit
Finally finished it back on the 31st.
Shiny Arcanine, Cramorant, Indeedee-F, Falinks, Alcremie-Ruby+Heart, Eiscue

Yep, it's Pokemon. Always a fun beginning, midgame slog, easy endgame. Haven't touched the postgame yet. Won't reset until Home comes out.

One big diff, though, and it's what took me so long, was how often I got distracted. Not just by life, but by the wild area. That was the best new thing introduced. I found myself roaming for new Mons and farming D-Max Dens for surprisingly long periods. I'm still missing some of them (even barring Sword-exclusives)

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Finally finished it back on the 31st.
Shiny Arcanine, Cramorant, Indeedee-F, Falinks, Alcremie-Ruby+Heart, Eiscue

Yep, it's Pokemon. Always a fun beginning, midgame slog, easy endgame. Haven't touched the postgame yet. Won't reset until Home comes out.

One big diff, though, and it's what took me so long, was how often I got distracted. Not just by life, but by the wild area. That was the best new thing introduced. I found myself roaming for new Mons and farming D-Max Dens for surprisingly long periods. I'm still missing some of them (even barring Sword-exclusives)
Instead of resetting just make another account on your switch and play off that account.

Bus

Since we already know about the Kanto and Alola starters data being in Sword & Shield (along with a few Legendary pokemon from every generation), the Direct is probably going to be Pokemon Home (and explaining it), Pokemon Sleep, and then introduce raids for the Kanto & Alola starters along with Rare Raids for Legendary pokemon from various regions. It'll be a way to keep interest in the game for a good time coming.

It's only been a few months since the game's release, so its way too early for it to be any kind of mention of the second version and I think they'll stand their ground on the Pokemon included, so I don't believe we'll hear anything like them working on getting 100 more pokemon added or something.

I was hoping maybe they'd announce/reveal Pokemon Diamond & Pearl remakes, but since its Sword & Shield focused, I'll have to wait a bit longer.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
I also got distracted by the Wild Area, though the main reason why I took a break from progressing the story was due to the Wild Area event and me wanting to get all of the increased spawn G-Max mons. (Sandaconda was the last one I found, and I probs shouldn't have tried looking for them during the Magikarp event as it resulted in me getting 5 shinies)

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Spinoffs are dead, no conquest no pokemon ranger no mystery dungeon it's probably the mediocre stuff listed above in this direct.

Spin-offs aren't dead yet. They're dying, but not dead. We still have Detective Pikachu 2 coming, so that's something.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Mystery Dungeon please, the last one had a story that rivalved if not beating Sky's! Considering how long it's been I sure hope they've been working on a story these past years, we don't need another Gates lol

Though I'm just hoping for a non-mobile spinoff. Aka a real game, no point sinking your time into something that may fade into the void in 2 years

Great, another direct that will be screened at the midnight hour for fans over in Japan and Australia. I am presuming the direct will be the announcement of Pokémon Home and/or Sleep and possibly the offical reveal of G-Max Melmetal or Toxtricity (if a game announcement isn’t in the cards).

The reveal of one or both G-Maxes is possible, especially if the next Wild Area events will add them into the pool of current raid events. The only active events right now are going to end soon, so the direct is the perfect opportunity to reveal the next Wild Area event.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
In case people are confused with the time-zones, here is the live stream of the Direct. It starts in 6 hours from now on:

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Can completely understand why people are boycotting this generation. Basically the unobtainable Pokémon will be released as a DLC which you have to pay for alongside other cool features but the original Pokémon should of been there in the first place.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Can completely understand why people are boycotting this generation. Basically the unobtainable Pokémon will be released as a DLC which you have to pay for alongside other cool features but the original Pokémon should of been there in the first place.
Same here. It's inexcusable. Hate when companies pull this stunt.

Only upside is not paying full price for another game.

Probably will be waiting until it can be gotten via My Nintendo or just waiting a long time.

DaddyOak

Gotto say this direct is very unexpected. I was expecting some boring stuff.

That dlc is hype i can see people enjoying this

It's not the full dex but it might be more than 35 old pokemon from what I've seen + new old forms and some new pokemon + new area's characters in the game. I'm pretty sure that garchomp and regi's plus birds arent in the data leak.

+ they say around 200 pokemon that cannot be catched in other parts of the game. so maybe the dex will be 600ish?

Also a spinoff pokemon game

new mystery dungeon godaam. hope its better than the crappy 3ds ones since that series was so good before 3ds.

the dlc is probably 20 to 30$ maybe 40$ i'd imagine.

my fate in gamefreak isnt restored in the sligtest but I'll give em some credits for making the direct hype and adding some stuff to a game that desperately needs it.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Same here. It's inexcusable. Hate when companies pull this stunt.

Only upside is not paying full price for another game.

Probably will be waiting until it can be gotten via My Nintendo or just waiting a long time.
At least they sort of corrected their sins by allowing non expansion pass games to still get old Pokémon but that involves using home and trading with someone with the pass. Overall it isn’t terrible but kinda trashy you have pay an additional thirty dollars