• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
As it will be tied to your Nintendo account, then yes, you should be able to as long as new Switch is online and the eshop servers are still online. This is almost always the case with DLC and digital games.

EDIT: I forgot to mention this: While Pokémon Home Pokémon will be safe, due to stored online. Your Sh/Sw saves will be gone with the broken Switch.
And THIS is why I need to buy a Switch Lite since I need to transfer all of my save data to another console before I send my Switch to get it fixed

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I'm not outright against this DLC, but I'm very apprehensive of it. In general, I just do not like the concept of payed DLC. It just doesn't work for me. That being said, this does seem to be on the better side of DLC, so it's not terrible.

However, what I strongly disagree with is doing this instead of a third version. I know many people are claiming that $30 for this is better than $60 for a third version, but that just isn't the case. With a third version, you get to experience the main story in a whole new way with new and integrated elements, while with this DLC, you get a glorified and tacked-on post-game story. Perhaps the amount of content both add are the same, but the overall experience of the third version is much more valuable.

I'll wait to cast my final judgment until I play, but I remain weary of this change until then.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I'm not outright against this DLC, but I'm very apprehensive of it. In general, I just do not like the concept of payed DLC. It just doesn't work for me. That being said, this does seem to be on the better side of DLC, so it's not terrible.

However, what I strongly disagree with is doing this instead of a third version. I know many people are claiming that $30 for this is better than $60 for a third version, but that just isn't the case. With a third version, you get to experience the main story in a whole new way with new and integrated elements, while with this DLC, you get a glorified and tacked-on post-game story. Perhaps the amount of content both add are the same, but the overall experience of the third version is much more valuable.

I'll wait to cast my final judgment until I play, but I remain weary of this change until then.
It depands on the new content of the packages... if it has the same length as the Swsh's post game story, which can be done in less than 2 hours, then it wont be worth it (for me)

xeloo

My thoughts on the DLC:
When I saw the Direct announcement I immediatly thought "Well, they will add more mons so finally some of the hate to these games is gonna fade away". But this is so much better! New areas, new forms and even new pokémon. This is a company after all and they will do anything to get some profit off of anything they put out, so the payed DLC is only natural.
Buy it don't buy it. It doesn't matter anyway. Just did my first surprise trade for the day and I immediatly got a Slowpoke.
In general I love what they are doing with these games and Sword and Shield have been quite enjoyable. I think the Switch format has been a breath of fresh air for the Pokémon world :)

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I'm so mixed on this one. These trailers were the first things since Pokémon moved to the Switch from the core games in a trailer that genuinely excited me, something no trailer for the base games or Let's Go managed to do at all, and I think they're very good additions. Apricorn balls, move tutors, expansion of pokémon availability (even if they don't seem to have dex entries judging by Slowpoke's entry being blank on Serebii and no weight or height data to be found either, which is just as lame and stupid as it was in Alola, I want to look at my Pokémon in 3D and look up their information), some genuinely gorgeous areas, I'm also sceptical. I was waiting for third versions to come out to bring most if not all of these things for an acceptable price, as I haven't bought Sword and Shield at all. With the expansion passes I will have to buy Sword or Shield first, and the total costs start to ramp up really fast. Nintendo Switch Online, a Switch, HOME, the base game, and then an expansion pass, it all adds up and I'd still only have one file (ideally I'd have two for breeding purposes). I'm also not a fan of them making more version-exclusive characters. I don't think that's a proper way to do things, I think it's a cheap ploy to attempt to get players to buy what is still essentially the same game twice. I hate it in USUM where several of the Battle Tree opponents are version-exclusive (I'd love to battle together with Mallow, but it's not worth €45 paying for Ultra Moon just for that), and I hate it here. And with expansion passes sold separately and these games on the Switch being significantly more expensive than the 3DS titles, that's a lot of money you'd have to pay for the full experience.

Will I buy it? I'm not planning to right now. I still miss my Z-Moves, mega evolutions, GTS, and 200 on top of the Galar dex makes 600 total, not 890, so we're still missing nearly 300 (and while some like Unown shall not be missed, I will most definitely miss my SuperMinun). I'll be waiting out how HOME turns out, how expensive it'll be, etc. before making a decision.

Last edited:

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
So since some People believe Galar Slowbro/Slowking is Psychic/Poison do you think each of them will be New Rivals aces?

As for possible Gigantomax Pokemon maybe they will get Toxtricity and Orbeetle unless they will get some New Pokemon.

Alright, now that I gotten my thoughts together, gotta say, I'm pretty excited. I mean, we got new Pokemon, new characters, and even some new stories. I'm hoping to see more Galarian variants outside of the Slowpoke line and the birds. Maybe my hopes for a spiky Voltorb that grew its spikes to ward off Yamper will come true.

With that mention of Galarica spices with Slowpoke, it makes me wonder if we'll see Galarica Spice Curry and other new curry recipes? Since we getting more content in other areas like player customization, I don't think it's out of the question.

I'm hoping that the den explorations with The Crown Tundra are like Mystery Dungeon where it's procedurally generated. Maybe with some additional goodies inside too!

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Game Freak is a bunch of trolls confirmed

johno1995

Alright, now that I gotten my thoughts together, gotta say, I'm pretty excited. I mean, we got new Pokemon, new characters, and even some new stories. I'm hoping to see more Galarian variants outside of the Slowpoke line and the birds.

The new Poison-type trainer, Klara, has a headband that's conspicuously similar to the shape and design of a Dustox's wings, but with a new color scheme and some strange flowy appendages. Maybe a Galarian Dustox? I sure hope so. It's one of my favorite Pokemon and could benefit from a new typing, ability and adjusted stats. Poison/Ice would be awesome, imo.

Baggie_Saiyan

Honestly these games, due the lack of GTS, was the most fun I had catching Mons seeing all these Mons as static encounters was so cool. So the fact we have 200+ more and in new areas looking forward to catching them all...!

The other day I was thinking to myself that the Kanto birds haven't held up well design wise to other Legends so the fact they are getting a revamp I am all behind! Zapdos looks best so far, Articuno looks solid but Moltress ehh I mean better than the original but that isn't exactly hard to do. Maybe it'll grow on me.