• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
But I also freaking love Chocobo Zapdos and Galarian Arctos (sooo pretty and those eye lazers! :eek:)
All I can think of with Zapdos is seeing it run across a desert going “MEEP MEEP!!”

Zachmac

There's a lot of irony about people who are furious about DLC being a "cashgrab" or that it "should have been in the base game" while defending third versions like those same complaints couldn't apply to them.

This happens whenever a new Nintendo franchise adopts DLC. People were pretty angry about BotW's until it actually came out.

I like this new DLC because it looks like they're making a lot more new content from scratch, compared to third versions where they just modify old content and maybe add a small island if we're lucky. I also really like how they're expanding upon the open world ideas they introduced with the Wild Area - it feels like a natural progression of the franchise.

Last edited:

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
There's a lot of irony about people who are furious about DLC being a "cashgrab" or that it "should have been in the base game" while defending third versions like those same complaints couldn't apply to them.
Difference is that you can buy a third version without having to buy the first iteration first.

Ultra Beast Lover

I wonder how the thing with Kubfu is going to work, are we going to be given a bunch of scenes with it or are we just going to battle with it and be told that we've bonded? I hope it's like with Nebby because that was the best part of SuMo/USUM only I want it to be more in depth considering how this time we're taking care of it. Maybe have a scene where it runs off and you find it and battle alongside it.

I'm liking the birds, they still confuse me but I really like Articuno, Moltress wasn't ever my favorite of the trio so that change is welcome, Zapdose got a nice tan and apparently worked on its legs.

Manbis

i just hope that each DLC adds around 10 hours of new content. Otherwise it doesnt feel its worth the money so around 20 hours for the season pass.

Ultra Beast Lover

I know Moltres isn't the most amazing design-wise, but I'll never stop giving the original nostalgia points purely for being the source of the pokémon league flame in the anime back in the days, and being so awesome (by the standards back then) at the start of the first league.
Yeah I'll give it that, that was a cool episode.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Assuming a third version even happens (X/Y).
Considering they were seemingly under severe time constraints with having to do Dexit (and lots of people saying Sword and Shield felt very rushed), it seemed like a safe bet that they'd go for a third version over something like Sinnoh remakes that'd require them to rebuild the whole of Sinnoh in 3D on the Switch. Didn't expect them to release essentially their third version as an expansion pack at all, that was something that GameFreak just never did.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
The Crown Tundra episode states: "Players will also be mentored by a currently unnamed character."

363XBX.png

eEh0Dj.png

z6kkX7.png

He resembles Chairman Rose quite a lot, also wearing a hiking suit which could be a nod to Rose being a former miner. Hope it turns out to be the case and sheds a light on his past and success.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Maybe his brother?

Yes, most likely. Isn't old enough to consider him as a father. Their paths could very well be separated once Rose's success turned him into someone else, while he decided to return back to home. Oleana also, could be the one to trigger the change in Rose. He may explain all the details Sword and Shield initially lacked.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
i just hope that each DLC adds around 10 hours of new content. Otherwise it doesnt feel its worth the money so around 20 hours for the season pass.
How are you going to define 10 hours of content? You can easily spend five hours in the base game without even getting to the first gym if you focus on doing max raids, catching pokemon, etc. Pokemon has always been a game where how long it takes is very dependent on just what you intend to do.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Since legendaries might have Galar forms does this mean we're going to find out that some legendaries actually hail from other regions and all along we had the alternate forms? Like obviously the Titans, some mythicals, and those stated to be from a specific region won't be from another region but like what if we find out the true forms of Suicune, Entei, and Raiku and find out that the ones in Johto were exported from another region as a gift?
Out of all the Legendaries, those are the least likely to not be native to their region. They are literally Pokemon revived by Ho-oH.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Considering they were seemingly under severe time constraints with having to do Dexit (and lots of people saying Sword and Shield felt very rushed), it seemed like a safe bet that they'd go for a third version over something like Sinnoh remakes that'd require them to rebuild the whole of Sinnoh in 3D on the Switch. Didn't expect them to release essentially their third version as an expansion pack at all, that was something that GameFreak just never did.

Introducing DLC eliminates the need for DLC entirely. Besides what would they do that warrants a third version? Eternatus and the wolves were already covered, unlike Zygarde, Necrozma, Kyurem, Giratina, and Rayquaza in the original games.

I like this system; For those of us that buy two of every version? This is a lot cheaper, which is nice as the games are already more expensive than they were on the 3DS!

Plus... pretty freaking sure DP remakes will sell like hot cakes compared to a third version. Especially since most if not all of the Pokemon would probably be included

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Does anyone else think that the supposed Galarian Moltres resembles Birdramon from Digimon?

Hopefully Slowking and Slowbro aren't trade evolutions and just need the item, like the Applin and Sinistea lines.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Introducing DLC eliminates the need for DLC entirely. Besides what would they do that warrants a third version? Eternatus and the wolves were already covered, unlike Zygarde, Necrozma, Kyurem, Giratina, and Rayquaza in the original games.

I like this system; For those of us that buy two of every version? This is a lot cheaper, which is nice as the games are already more expensive than they were on the 3DS!

Plus... pretty freaking sure DP remakes will sell like hot cakes compared to a third version. Especially since most if not all of the Pokemon would probably be included
I think that Sinnoh will just be an expansion pass for Sword & Shield instead.