• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
I don't know in which thread I should post this so I've put it here in the general SwSh discussion. I was wondering about this:

Now that Galarian Slowpoke is revealed and with the confirmation that its evolutions will get Galarian forms as well plus the Kanto legendary bird trio, almost every Kanto Pokémon got at least one special treatment or addition in later generations such as a new evolution, pre evolution, mega evolution, regional variant or Gigantamax form. The amount of Pokémon that are still untouched becomes smaller every new generation.

Remaining untouched gen 1 Pokémon:

Spearow – Fearow
Ekans – Arbok
Nidoran♀– Nidorina – Nidoqueen
Nidoran♂- Nidorino - Nidoking
Paras – Parasect
Venonat – Venomoth
Psyduck – Golduck
Mankey – Primeape
Growlithe – Arcanine
Bellsprout – Weepinbell – Victreebel
Tentacool – Tentacruel
Doduo – Dodrio
Seel – Dewgong
Shellder – Cloyster
Drowzee – Hypno
Voltorb – Electrode
Goldeen – Seaking
Staryu – Starmie
Tauros
Ditto
Omanyte – Omastar
Kabuto – Kabutops
Dratini – Dragonair – Dragonite
Mew

Do you think these will eventually get something new too? I'm afraid the Kanto pampering isn't over yet.

Masterball Electrode/ Regional evolution come to mind ;)

to be honest the only one i can't think of anything for on that list is Ditto.

catzeye

Writer's Block
What's more is Mustard having a back ground with Leon and while I think Leon IS a good character and one of the best champion battles we had. (Kukui and Hau don't count since they are challenging YOU.) This can expand on a few things and I'm interested in how the legendary pokemon will play out. I knew we were not getting a sequel due to how things resolved themselves with the dogs and Eternatus and stuff like what we are getting couldn't fit in the previous game engines. (I heard a lot of things about SM's game engine and Ultra changed things.)

I'll say it again, 30$ for two expansion packs vs 60$ for the exact same game with a few changes. I take the former over the later.

TBH I wish Mustard was in the original story, although I'm glad we are getting him now. Like you, I really like Leon as a character, but he could definitely use some better characterization/humanization. The reason why I say I wanted Mustard in the original story was because he could have been a pivotal point for Hop's character arc as well as give Leon more depth rather than the few hints (complicated relationships, maybe not being that happy as champion) that were largely overshadowed by his unbeatable status, his Charizard and getting lost. Mustard being Leon's mentor means he's probably one of the few people who doesn't straight up idolize him and has seen him be more vulnerable. I think that would have been great to have Hop hear that *gasp* his brother is human so he wouldn't beat himself up so much about not living up to him.

I'm excited for the DLC, although I am somewhat in the camp of preferring a third version for this set of games. This is only because I really enjoyed Emerald over Ruby/Sapphire (even though it's not without it's flaws as well) and I feel like a third version could maybe redeem the original SwSh storyline a bit. That being said, I think my wallet will also be very happy to not shell out $60.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
TBH I wish Mustard was in the original story, although I'm glad we are getting him now. Like you, I really like Leon as a character, but he could definitely use some better characterization/humanization. The reason why I say I wanted Mustard in the original story was because he could have been a pivotal point for Hop's character arc as well as give Leon more depth rather than the few hints (complicated relationships, maybe not being that happy as champion) that were largely overshadowed by his unbeatable status, his Charizard and getting lost. Mustard being Leon's mentor means he's probably one of the few people who doesn't straight up idolize him and has seen him be more vulnerable. I think that would have been great to have Hop hear that *gasp* his brother is human so he wouldn't beat himself up so much about not living up to him.

I'm excited for the DLC, although I am somewhat in the camp of preferring a third version for this set of games. This is only because I really enjoyed Emerald over Ruby/Sapphire (even though it's not without it's flaws as well) and I feel like a third version could maybe redeem the original SwSh storyline a bit. That being said, I think my wallet will also be very happy to not shell out $60.
The 60$ factor is why I am happy with the packs.

60$ for the same game with a new coat of paint vs 30$ for why you buy a third version.

But this does mean SwSh’s main story isn’t going to get the polish it needed. You gain some you lose some.

uncleben85

Hakking
I don't know in which thread I should post this so I've put it here in the general SwSh discussion. I was wondering about this:

Now that Galarian Slowpoke is revealed and with the confirmation that its evolutions will get Galarian forms as well plus the Kanto legendary bird trio, almost every Kanto Pokémon got at least one special treatment or addition in later generations such as a new evolution, pre evolution, mega evolution, regional variant or Gigantamax form. The amount of Pokémon that are still untouched becomes smaller every new generation.

Spearow – Fearow
Ekans – Arbok
Paras – Parasect
Venonat – Venomoth
Psyduck – Golduck
Mankey – Primeape
Growlithe – Arcanine
Tentacool – Tentacruel
Doduo – Dodrio
Seel – Dewgong
Shellder – Cloyster
Drowzee – Hypno
Voltorb – Electrode
Goldeen – Seaking
Staryu – Starmie
Tauros
Ditto
Omanyte – Omastar
Kabuto – Kabutops
Mew

Do you think these will eventually get something new too? I'm afraid the Kanto pampering isn't over yet.
Tauros at least got a counterpart in Miltank

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you

Spearow – Fearow
Ekans – Arbok
Paras – Parasect
Venonat – Venomoth
Psyduck – Golduck
Mankey – Primeape
Growlithe – Arcanine
Tentacool – Tentacruel
Doduo – Dodrio
Seel – Dewgong
Shellder – Cloyster
Drowzee – Hypno
Voltorb – Electrode
Goldeen – Seaking
Staryu – Starmie
Tauros
Ditto
Omanyte – Omastar
Kabuto – Kabutops
Mew

Unfortunately, Generation I Pokémon suffer from being from Generation I which is why a lot of them have gotten the updates/mega evolutions/regional variants. At that time Game Freak (maybe not much has changed in 20 years) had zero clue what they were doing and literally just put out a game with so many flaws that some could still be discovered today. In fact, almost everything has been updated since then—special stat split into attack and defense, three types added, breeding, pre-evolutions for some, shiny forms, genders, abilities, natures, DVs are not IVs and also max out at 31 instead of 15, physical/special split, mega evolutions, Z-moves, Dynamax. It’s really just a matter of time before the rest of these Pokémon receive treatment as well.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I really love these Gigantimax events, also.... did they actually update the capture rates for these guys?
I remember it took me over 100+ tries to get Drednaw, and 25+ for Snorlax. While everyone from this one took anywhere from 1-3 attempts at catching, if they fixed the catch rate I approve. It was stupid how the one and only time I saw a Genger NOT locked behind a code, I failed...

Just need Hattarene, Kingler, Dudellon, Orbeetle, Machamp, Gengar and Garbarodor's now. They'll surely get an event so I'm gonna just not bother hunting when I can gather them all up in an hour and not several days lol

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
I really love these Gigantimax events, also.... did they actually update the capture rates for these guys?
I remember it took me over 100+ tries to get Drednaw, and 25+ for Snorlax. While everyone from this one took anywhere from 1-3 attempts at catching, if they fixed the catch rate I approve. It was stupid how the one and only time I saw a Genger NOT locked behind a code, I failed...
Either the catch rates were buffed or we were very lucky. Even when using Repeat Balls it took me a few tries to catch G-Max Drednaw (after I registered it as caught) while I caught all three starring Pokémon on my first try. Though buffing catch rates is a definite plus for anyone G-Max hunting.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Among all Galarian Slowpoke swimming in the Isle of Armor, there is one blue Pokémon that is different than the others. It looks like a new form of Kingdra at first, but we know it was shown along with Volcarona, Dedenne and Lycanroc in the trailer.

EDIT: The higher-quality version shows it's Kingdra.

XoE9Fi.png

Last edited:

Golden_Arcanine

Seconded about bringing back the GTS. Thought I tried a vague enough number for a link trade and still ran into/saw a crapload of people show up. It's a mess to say the least.

I think part of the reason why we won't get the GTS back is how many people were asking for "impossible trades". Like people asking for a sub-Level 10 Mewtwo.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I think part of the reason why we won't get the GTS back is how many people were asking for "impossible trades". Like people asking for a sub-Level 10 Mewtwo.
Yea probably, but to be honest for the most part I avoid link trading like the plague. Too much of a pain in the butt and too much of a hassle. Mainly ran into disconnectors and show offs in Let's Go. And never got any of the Let's Go Eevee exclusives.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I don't know. It seems like such a dumb reason. Like, sure, the GTS had plenty of problems, but you don't fix it by removing it altogether without replacement. That's like 'fixing' the problems of illegitimate drug use at the Olympics by never organising another Olympics altogether. You fix it by having server-side compatibility checks on the requests and the offers, and blocking those that are illegitimate.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I don't know. It seems like such a dumb reason. Like, sure, the GTS had plenty of problems, but you don't fix it by removing it altogether without replacement. That's like 'fixing' the problems of illegitimate drug use at the Olympics by never organising another Olympics altogether. You fix it by having server-side compatibility checks on the requests and the offers, and blocking those that are illegitimate.
Agreed. Heck, hacked Pokemon still come through Wonder Trade in Sun, Moon and USUM. So getting rid of the GTS doesn't stop hackers.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
the GTS was problematic but i still would've loved if they kept it in gen8. getting a complete dex is now dependent of p2p trades. GTS back then was an easy way to fill the dex if you ignore the impossible trades. with my normal work schedule its hard enough to find time to coordinate with others. its not a thing GF would care 1 bit about if i raised that fuss but it just a moderate annoyance to me atm.

Aetius

I mean, I agree with you here, but we technically haven't had a "third version" (by definition) in 12 years now; we had B2&W2, nothing for X&Y, then USUM (the former being sequels, and the latter being third&fourth version I guess?)

Damn, now that you say it, I realize that's true.
Oh well, either way, it bears no significance anymore. XD

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Nobody outside of Japan knows somebody irl that plays Pokemon lol

I do! And I know plenty of other people irl who know even other people (friends of friends)

Please don't make blatantly wrong unsubstantiated generalizations, and then proceed to use them as evidence as the base of your next argument.

Tauros at least got a counterpart in Miltank

I heard somewhere once, and I'm now trying to remember and not remembering, whether it was just a fan theory or an actual fact. But I heard somewhere once that Bouffalant and Alomomola were originally meant to be evolutions to Tauros and Luvdisc, when the designers had already designed the Pokémon before finding out from whomever that Gen V was going to have no connections to previous generation Pokémon, then they were forced to make them standalones

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I do! And I know plenty of other people irl who know even other people (friends of friends)

Please don't make blatantly wrong unsubstantiated generalizations, and then proceed to use them as evidence as the base of your next argument.

I heard somewhere once, and I'm now trying to remember and not remembering, whether it was just a fan theory or an actual fact. But I heard somewhere once that Bouffalant and Alomomola were originally meant to be evolutions to Tauros and Luvdisc, when the designers had already designed the Pokémon before finding out from whomever that Gen V was going to have no connections to previous generation Pokémon, then they were forced to make them standalones
I'm pretty sure that's just a fan theory as Gen V was a "restart", intended essentially to be the equivalent of Gen I for a new generation of kids.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I'm pretty sure that's just a fan theory as Gen V was a "restart", intended essentially to be the equivalent of Gen I for a new generation of kids.
That and Alomomola and Bouffalant are completely different animals. The former is a sunfish while the latter is a bison.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Yea probably, but to be honest for the most part I avoid link trading like the plague. Too much of a pain in the butt and too much of a hassle. Mainly ran into disconnectors and show offs in Let's Go. And never got any of the Let's Go Eevee exclusives.

I mean, shouldn't the forums here be enough to bring about legit trades?

I doubt anyone here would behave like that.