• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Whats the point of the early Gigantamax Meowth Event if you can catch it now?
You can say the same for the Pikachu and Eevee Events. Those are even worse as initially in order to get G-Pikachu and G-Eevee one needed to have Let's GO games.

I am really curious what we are getting after Meowth. If the expansion will release between 20-30 June I can totally see G-Melmetal being released prior or during the release to get people hyped and for the less involved players to get back to playing their Pokemon and buying the expansion.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Whats the point of the early Gigantamax Meowth Event if you can catch it now?

Early availability to a select few. That's all.
Plus the chance of catching one that’s shiny, caught in something besides a pokéball, &/or has their hidden abilities. I also know that some Pikachu knew Surf, which I think the standard Gigantamax Pikachu is unable to do.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Not to mention the only other way to get PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and HEEEEHHHHHFAAAAAAHHHHH is to have save data for Let's Go Pikachu or Let's Go Eevee on your Switch and speak to an NPC who gives you them. With this event, I can get those two Gigantamaxes without buying either copy of those games. Though to be fair I still might buy at least one of them later this year, so I can register any Kanto Pokemon that aren't in the Expansion Pass into my Pokemon Home Dex, as well as the original Ponyta, Slowpoke, Farfetch'd etc.

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
No ones talked about this, but that freaking tower in the wild area has been such a waste so far. It has only been used for one pre order event and thats it, it should have had some other purpose or atleast had more events for its use by now. :/

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
No ones talked about this, but that freaking tower in the wild area has been such a waste so far. It has only been used for one pre order event and thats it, it should have had some other purpose or atleast had more events for its use by now. :/
I think there was another event that used the Tower but it was only for Japan. Japan always gets the better events it seems which I sort of get because that’s where the series began but at least let the rest of the world get cool Pokémon such as the Shiny Rayquaza that knows V-Create or Shiny Genesect.

Ariki

Got me some Eevees.

I have to say, I am enjoying max raids a lot more now now that I'm connecting online. I originally avoided doing them online because I thought people would judge my Pokémon choices but in actuality nobody cares.

Did anyone else find it daunting going online for max raids like me?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Got me some Eevees.

I have to say, I am enjoying max raids a lot more now now that I'm connecting online. I originally avoided doing them online because I thought people would judge my Pokémon choices but in actuality nobody cares.

Did anyone else find it daunting going online for max raids like me?
...I absolutely have no idea how any random player in raids would ever judge anyone by letting them know. Somehow. Despite having no real means to communicate in random raids.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I have two spare Adaptability G Max Eevee that I would like to trade someone for a G Max Pikachu. I didn’t know the event was so short that I missed getting one. I don’t care about nature’s or Abilities. I just would love to get a Surfing Pikachu. If you are interested in trading, please let me know!

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Caught a bunch of Eevees. Some of them have their HA. No idea if this means something, but it was so much easier to catch them all than G-Max Pikachu.

...Oh, and a 2-Star Eevee was a Shiny Eevee with her HA (which means now I have the Shiny G-Max versions of Pikachu and Eevee). However, I smell something fishy here...because the raid had two players with Shiny Eevees, and another one with a Shiny Delibird of all things.

NoahVGC

Haha yes shiny hunting has become a bit fishy. When most shinys you see aren't gained without exploiting the raid dens. That's why shinys are so common nowadays.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Caught a bunch of Eevees. Some of them have their HA. No idea if this means something, but it was so much easier to catch them all than G-Max Pikachu.

...Oh, and a 2-Star Eevee was a Shiny Eevee with her HA (which means now I have the Shiny G-Max versions of Pikachu and Eevee). However, I smell something fishy here...because the raid had two players with Shiny Eevees, and another one with a Shiny Delibird of all things.
Could I trade you a Pokémon for a HA Eevee? I don’t care about gender or natures. I just want one so I can breed and have HA Eevelutions with Pixilated Sylveon being my top priority.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
I have two spare Adaptability G Max Eevee that I would like to trade someone for a G Max Pikachu. I didn’t know the event was so short that I missed getting one. I don’t care about nature’s or Abilities. I just would love to get a Surfing Pikachu. If you are interested in trading, please let me know!
Hey, just so you know, In Sword and Shield, any Pikachu can learn Surf by TR now. So it isn’t locked to the past max raid event

Last edited:

Ultra Beast Lover

Any Pikachu can learn surf now? I wonder what the in universe reason for that is. Maybe it has to do with Alolan Raichu?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Is HA Galarian Mr. Mime any good? I just got mine through the Mystery Gift event but I’m not really sure what I can do with it. From what I’ve seen, Technician & Screen Cleaner seem like better abilities

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Is HA Galarian Mr. Mime any good? I just got mine through the Mystery Gift event but I’m not really sure what I can do with it. From what I’ve seen, Technician & Screen Cleaner seem like better abilities
G-Mr. Mime works best as a support Pokémon so I guess it could work on a Hail team since most Hail teams have Aurora Veil and Screen Cleaner is counterproductive for that. IIRC only Mr Rime gets recovery in Slack Off.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Looks like we are getting a bunch of HA Galarian form Pokemon distributed with the other ones being Ponyta, Corsola and Meowth. A slight Sword bias yet again but it is great to save the trouble of hunting their Dens to get the HAs the hard way (and for Sword players that missed the Pokedex Completition event).