• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

BCVM22

I just don't agree with GF's way of handling this and think they shouldn't punish their honest customers for the actions of a few.

If we assume that "let it be" simply wasn't an option, what other way was there to authenticate the event Pokémon properly to allow users to know what was legitimate and what wasn't? Especially as online trading had just debuted.

With this possibility in place, I feel adding the Pokemon to the game via patches and allowing us to catch them would be preferable to shaving them at us as presents. (It's "Catch 'em all!" not "Getting 'em all as gifts")

Which is reasonable, but now we're getting into preferences vs. actual problems. I like staring down the event Pokémon in an extra five minutes of content too, but that doesn't make the opposite approach inherently wrong.

Kansas_Rocks!

Awesomeness Trainer
Having them as events also allows the average person do a basic eye test to see if one they get in a trade is legitimate. Cherish Ball, check. Right OT, check. Right ID, check. It may not be flawless, but it at least gives some amount of legitimacy. I do understand that having them in the game as a catchable may be fun, but being an avid trader, I honestly prefer being able to do some amount of authentication myself.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I have very mixed feelings about the ban list for next month’s battle season. On one hand, I’m a little bummed because my Cinderace is one of my most reliable pokémon (and it’s not even an HA one). I even have more sentimental attachment to it than most of my other pokemon since it's the same one I got at the beginning of the game & I've been raising it from a mediocre little Scorbunny to the powerhouse it is now.

On the other hand, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS since it forces people to come up with new strategies rather than relying on the same pokémon over & over again, which is something I always hated about competitive battling & sites like Smogon for previous generations.

I'm just hoping this ban isn't permanent and they'll shift pokémon with each season/series by banning the most popular ones from the previous season

Last edited:

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Been doing trade cycles in Home to try and fill up the Pokedex. So far, I've completed Kanto, Johto and Galar. Alola is very close to done, but I'm having trouble find the last few Pokemon.

You know, because people really want a Solgaleo for their Minior.

Edit: finally got that Minior. Even got a few other Pokemon, too. I might finish up Alola tonight.

Edit: Alola Dex is finally done. So that's four regions down.

Last edited:

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I have very mixed feelings about the ban list for next month’s battle season. On one hand, I’m a little bummed because my Cinderace is one of my most reliable pokémon (and it’s not even an HA one).

On the other hand, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS since it forces people to come up with new strategies rather than relying on the same pokémon over & over again, which is something I always hated about competitive battling & sites like Smogon for previous generations.

I'm just hoping this ban isn't permanent and they'll shift pokémon with each season/series by banning the most popular ones from the previous season

And you know quite well that there is not one Pokémon on that list that is actually on my teams, so I don't have to change anything!

No, this will not be permanent. This was done prior in Generation VII for Season 16, the next-to-last one. That one began on June 18th, 2019 and ended September 3rd, 2019, roughly two and a half months. That one had a much larger banlist: Venusaur, Charizard, Cloyster, Gengar, Kangaskhan, Snorlax, Zapdos, Dragonite, Azumarill, Scizor, Skarmory, Porygon2, Tyranitar, Blaziken, Breloom, Mawile, Metagross, Salamence, Garchomp, Lucario, Hippowdon, Gliscor, Mamoswine, Rotom, Heatran, Serperior, Excadrill, Ferrothorn, Hydreigon, Volcarona, Thundurus, Landorus, Greninja, Aegislash, Toxapex, Mimikyu, Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Tapu Fini, Celesteela, Kartana, and Naganadel in addition to the usual suspects.

Appropriately, the image for Sword & Shield Series 6 is a parallel to Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Season 16, as they both show Pokémon just below the "top X" that got banned: Primarina and Pheromosa for the latter, Dracozolt and Azumarill for the former.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
And you know quite well that there is not one Pokémon on that list that is actually on my teams, so I don't have to change anything!

No, this will not be permanent. This was done prior in Generation VII for Season 16, the next-to-last one. That one began on June 18th, 2019 and ended September 3rd, 2019, roughly two and a half months. That one had a much larger banlist: Venusaur, Charizard, Cloyster, Gengar, Kangaskhan, Snorlax, Zapdos, Dragonite, Azumarill, Scizor, Skarmory, Porygon2, Tyranitar, Blaziken, Breloom, Mawile, Metagross, Salamence, Garchomp, Lucario, Hippowdon, Gliscor, Mamoswine, Rotom, Heatran, Serperior, Excadrill, Ferrothorn, Hydreigon, Volcarona, Thundurus, Landorus, Greninja, Aegislash, Toxapex, Mimikyu, Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Tapu Fini, Celesteela, Kartana, and Naganadel in addition to the usual suspects.

Appropriately, the image for Sword & Shield Series 6 is a parallel to Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Season 16, as they both show Pokémon just below the "top X" that got banned: Primarina and Pheromosa for the latter, Dracozolt and Azumarill for the former.
Yeah. The only two pokemon I lost from this ban are my Cinderace and Venusaur, though when it comes to Grass types I've had more luck with my Flapple than anything else. As for Fire types, my Centiskorch was my main heavy hitter before Cinderace, and I've been training my Rapidash to handle most of its weaknesses. Plus, this gives me a chance to figure out which pokemon to catch for the Crown Tundra to fill in the gaps I'm missing.

I'm actually really excited about this now since I'm starting to think of which pokemon will dominate the meta this season and trying to figure which of my pokemon are the best counters for them. Aside from Azumarill & Dracozolt, a few I can think of rising in popularity are Toxapex, Urshifu, Dedenne, Dracovish, Heat & Wash Rotom, Rhyperior, Mudsdale, Sandaconda, Dusclops, Chansey/Blissey, Blastoise, Volcarona, and Palossand.

In that case, I can see this ban lasting until the Crown Tundra comes out, which by then the meta will really be shaken up.

Last edited:

KisuTim

The ban is a little disappointing to me,I've played Pokemon every gen since gen 1 but have never bothered to try competitive battling till now.

I just for the first time caught a 6 IV ditto and bred 10 Pokemon,ev trained them and literally just leveled them to 100 the day of ban.

It's only 3 of the 10 but still to me banning Pokemon seems lazy,why not just fix the mechanics?

No non legendaries should be banned imo

KisuTim

Been doing trade cycles in Home to try and fill up the Pokedex. So far, I've completed Kanto, Johto and Galar. Alola is very close to done, but I'm having trouble find the last few Pokemon.

You know, because people really want a Solgaleo for their Minior.

Edit: finally got that Minior. Even got a few other Pokemon, too. I might finish up Alola tonight.

Edit: Alola Dex is finally done. So that's four regions down.

I have a complete dex and I'm in the process of getting one of each Pokemon, Pryor to sword/shield a completed the dex but only transferred final evolutions over.

Anyway I wouldn't mind trading to fill your dex if your ok with trade backs

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I have a complete dex and I'm in the process of getting one of each Pokemon, Pryor to sword/shield a completed the dex but only transferred final evolutions over.

Anyway I wouldn't mind trading to fill your dex if your ok with trade backs
The only ones I really need help with are the trades you can only do with friends, like Deoxys, because I didn't have Sun/Moon with those special Pokemon prior to SwSh. Would really love to do tradeback trades for their data. Only 11 left, and once I get them, I'll have every legendary/special/whatever Pokemon.

Deoxys
Phione
Manaphy
Darkrai
Shaymin

Victini
Meloetta
Genesect
Diancie
Hoopa
Volcanion

KisuTim

The only ones I really need help with are the trades you can only do with friends, like Deoxys, because I didn't have Sun/Moon with those special Pokemon prior to SwSh. Would really love to do tradeback trades for their data. Only 11 left, and once I get them, I'll have every legendary/special/whatever Pokemon.

Deoxys
Phione
Manaphy
Darkrai
Shaymin
Victini
Meloetta
Genesect
Diancie
Hoopa
Volcanion

Np I'm about to sleep now but tomorrow I can trade,I can help with any non legendaries too I believe I have almost every mon now but some of the starter first and second evolutions

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Np I'm about to sleep now but tomorrow I can trade,I can help with any non legendaries too I believe I have almost every mon now but some of the starter first and second evolutions
Yeah, that's fine with me. I kinda wanna go to bed, too. Lol

I kinda wanna knock out these Pokemon in groups, due to how many their are (around 170). So, if you do want to help me, maybe we can set up different times to knock out each gen. But I wanna get these legendaries done first, so I can get rid of the checklist in my trade thread.

But I think I'm clocking out for now. I appreciate your offer, and I'm looking forward to doing this tomorrow.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
The ban is a little disappointing to me,I've played Pokemon every gen since gen 1 but have never bothered to try competitive battling till now.

I just for the first time caught a 6 IV ditto and bred 10 Pokemon,ev trained them and literally just leveled them to 100 the day of ban.

It's only 3 of the 10 but still to me banning Pokemon seems lazy,why not just fix the mechanics?

No non legendaries should be banned imo

It's not a permanent ban. This is something specific to Series 6. When Series 7 comes around, I guarantee you something different will happen, just as it did for most of Generation VII.

It essentially forces you to come up with a new team every couple of months, which is fine with me because I have a lot of off-the-beaten-path Pokémon I can pick from.

Yeah. The only two pokemon I lost from this ban are my Cinderace and Venusaur, though when it comes to Grass types I've had more luck with my Flapple than anything else. As for Fire types, my Centiskorch was my main heavy hitter before Cinderace, and I've been training my Rapidash to handle most of its weaknesses. Plus, this gives me a chance to figure out which pokemon to catch for the Crown Tundra to fill in the gaps I'm missing.

I'm actually really excited about this now since I'm starting to think of which pokemon will dominate the meta this season and trying to figure which of my pokemon are the best counters for them. Aside from Azumarill & Dracozolt, a few I can think of rising in popularity are Toxapex, Urshifu, Dedenne, Dracovish, Heat & Wash Rotom, Rhyperior, Mudsdale, Sandaconda, Dusclops, Chansey/Blissey, Blastoise, Volcarona, and Palossand.

In that case, I can see this ban lasting until the Crown Tundra comes out, which by then the meta will really be shaken up.

The point of these rules are to get people out of their comfort zones. I don't think this ban will last long, only until the beginning of November, when there will be a different set of rules. By nature, people are going to settle onto different Pokémon and become comfortable then, which defeats the purpose of these rule changes.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Man, these code events are actually fantastic. They need to limit events to these codes, because this is how the events should work. A little too short in duration, I'll admit, but these are very convenient nonetheless.
At least they are easier to do than the Pokémon Pass events. I think that Mystery Gift is best when you can either enter a code, Be at a certain location, or through the internet than Pass or even Home. That way more player can get the Gifts.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Just distribute it online and we are all set. No need of typing codes or going places. Just access their server from your console + game to get stuff. Simple, uncomplicated and makes us nerds happy

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
My home dex is less than 15 Pokemon away from being done. And I've come to learn over my time with thes trade cycles in the GTS is that non transferrable Sinnoh Pokemon are really hard to get. Especially Wormadam.

malcolm_n

Pokemon Collector
Just distribute it online and we are all set. No need of typing codes or going places. Just access their server from your console + game to get stuff. Simple, uncomplicated and makes us nerds happy
Distribution online is fine, but I actually really like the codes too. It opens up avenues to have events through websites and (once we can all go out regularly again) at stores like Gamestop in the US. But, given how 2002's been, I do agree it's easier to just have them available online.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
My main conern with Swsh isn't the graphics or the dexit thing. I think the game runs smoothly and the graphics are good for me. My main concern with these games are the short routes, the lack of exploration and that the cities just feel empty. I mean, u can barely access the buildings, its just for the scene and nothing more. In each of the 3 big cities there are the: clothes shop, hair shop and the caffee shop. Where are some other shops or cool buildings? What about Museums like we had in previous games? Lumiouse city was SO rich and had so much to do in it. Same as other big cities in previous games. In comparasion to that, the cities in Swsh just feel lacklustre and empty