• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Exactly. My one issue is with it occasionally crashing. Thankfully not that much, but still. I was in the Potbottom Desert this time, I caught a Volcarona and accidentally ran into a Rhyhorn and when I tried to get away from it, the game crashed.

My Switch wasn't running too warm/hot and I had just recently vacuumed out its vents again.

So I'm thinking it's bug related.

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I’m not sure if I battled someone with a hacked Blastoise or not. I used G-Max Snooze on it during a ranked battle, but for some reason it didn’t fall asleep the following turn. Does anyone have any idea what could’ve happened?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I’m not sure if I battled someone with a hacked Blastoise or not. I used G-Max Snooze on it during a ranked battle, but for some reason it didn’t fall asleep the following turn. Does anyone have any idea what could’ve happened?
Can you give a summary of what lead to that?

bigdaddy95

Did it say that the Blastoise was feeling drowsy because there’s a 50% chance of drowsiness kicking in after using that move? Was there another status condition? Was an electric terrain set up?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Can you give a summary of what lead to that?

Did it say that the Blastoise was feeling drowsy because there’s a 50% chance of drowsiness kicking in after using that move? Was there another status condition? Was an electric terrain set up?
My Grimmsnarl snatched Blastoise’s Life Orb using trick just before it Gigantamaxed. There weren’t any terrains but there was hail thanks to my opponent also having a Ninetails with Snow Warning (but no Aurora Veil)

Wait, I thought G-Max Snooze has 100% drowsiness?

Ignition

My Grimmsnarl snatched Blastoise’s Life Orb using trick just before it Gigantamaxed. There weren’t any terrains but there was hail thanks to my opponent also having a Ninetails with Snow Warning (but no Aurora Veil)

Wait, I thought G-Max Snooze has 100% drowsiness?
No it’s a 50% chance. That was my first assumption but I wanted to make sure there wasn’t anything like Misty Terrain in effect

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
My main conern with Swsh isn't the graphics or the dexit thing. I think the game runs smoothly and the graphics are good for me. My main concern with these games are the short routes, the lack of exploration and that the cities just feel empty. I mean, u can barely access the buildings, its just for the scene and nothing more. In each of the 3 big cities there are the: clothes shop, hair shop and the caffee shop. Where are some other shops or cool buildings? What about Museums like we had in previous games? Lumiouse city was SO rich and had so much to do in it. Same as other big cities in previous games. In comparasion to that, the cities in Swsh just feel lacklustre and empty

Definitely agree! One of my favorite features of past games is exploring the cities and towns and routes. The only memorable town in SwSh to me is Ballonlea but it felt so empty even though the design was so nice. I did like glimwood tangle though

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
My main conern with Swsh isn't the graphics or the dexit thing. I think the game runs smoothly and the graphics are good for me. My main concern with these games are the short routes, the lack of exploration and that the cities just feel empty. I mean, u can barely access the buildings, its just for the scene and nothing more. In each of the 3 big cities there are the: clothes shop, hair shop and the caffee shop. Where are some other shops or cool buildings? What about Museums like we had in previous games? Lumiouse city was SO rich and had so much to do in it. Same as other big cities in previous games. In comparasion to that, the cities in Swsh just feel lacklustre and empty

Definitely agree! One of my favorite features of past games is exploring the cities and towns and routes. The only memorable town in SwSh to me is Ballonlea but it felt so empty even though the design was so nice. I did like glimwood tangle though
I personally like SWSH, but I admit that was one problem I had with the game. While the Isle of Armor & (upon my first 3 visits) the Wild Area helped fix the issue, it would’ve been nice if the Galar region was a little more explorable.

There were a few little spots & characters in each city that were fun to explore, but for the most part it felt as if they were relying more on WiFi features like trading, max raids, & ranked battles to replace content within the cities. Otherwise I either had to rely on playing with my Pokémon in the Camp & roleplaying/using my imagination to fill in the gaps of the cities or the story

If I had to pick the best areas to visit within the main routes/cities, it would have to be the following based on my playthroughs of the climax & the postgame:
  • The Slumbering Wield since it feels more like a traditional pokémon area than anywhere else in the Galar region
  • Turffield because of the Expert Belt side quest & the Crawdaunt found in the river
  • Hulbury because the restaurant side quest forces you to travel around the city and interact with all of the townspeople.
  • Circhester because of the Bobs Your Uncle restaurant and the various side quests within the hotel

Last edited:

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I'm up to the first visit to the Wild Area in a new Shield playthrough, and seeing as Toxel (which I want to use on my main team) is in the current Max Raid event, I don't know whether I should try to catch one in a den or just hang on and get the one in the Luxury Ball from the Route 5 Day Care. I've never used Toxel or Toxtricity before, but looking at Toxel's level-up moveset and base stats I'm guessing it probably won't get me through Nessa's gym on its own even if I stuff a load of EXP Candies down its throat.

neophenx

Pokemon Strategist
I'm up to the first visit to the Wild Area in a new Shield playthrough, and seeing as Toxel (which I want to use on my main team) is in the current Max Raid event, I don't know whether I should try to catch one in a den or just hang on and get the one in the Luxury Ball from the Route 5 Day Care. I've never used Toxel or Toxtricity before, but looking at Toxel's level-up moveset and base stats I'm guessing it probably won't get me through Nessa's gym on its own even if I stuff a load of EXP Candies down its throat.
I'd say catch it early if you can for the in-game run. While it may not powerhouse through Nessa, getting it earlier in game means it will level up along your party for longer and take less grinding-time to catch up exp-wise.

Ultra Beast Lover

I'll give the games one thing, it's getting really creative with the technology. I wonder what Rotom will be next. Maybe it'll be a radio or a TV?

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I'll give the games one thing, it's getting really creative with the technology. I wonder what Rotom will be next. Maybe it'll be a radio or a TV?
I don’t know about a radio since most people listen to free music from online services now but we do know that Rotom can enter TVs as seen in DPPt in the Old Chateau.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Unpopular Opinion: I’m really starting to like the Galar region as a whole. While I still wish the original routes & cities were bigger, I do like how the DLC areas are making up for it because of how explorable they are. Plus, since the Isle of Armor, the mainland, & the Crown Tundra each have their own stories, gimmicks, and characters, it kind of makes them all feel like sub-regions that are technically still one main area. It’s kind of similar to the Sevii Islands in FR/LG and it’s basically what I wanted from an Orange Islands game as a kid only without additional badges & gym leaders

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Why is that an "unpopular opinion"
Because the popular opinion is to hate anything & everything related to Gen 8 based on the forums, YouTube, & Twitter

BCVM22

If the notion is to hate anything and everything about Generation VIII on sight, I think that says far more about "the forums, YouTube, and Twitter" than it does about the Galar region.

Reactions: i2i

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
If the notion is to hate anything and everything about Generation VIII on sight, I think that says far more about "the forums, YouTube, and Twitter" than it does about the Galar region.
Well that's basically what it feels like ever since last June. I admit that the games have flaws, but it seems like most people like to complain about Gen 8 whether it's the National Dex, how they're the most expensive pokemon games, how the plot & region feel lacking, how they reuse animations, or how they're just the worst games of all time -_-

It's perfectly fine if they don't like the games, but a lot of the stuff I've seen is less like constructive criticism, and more like flat out bashing & taking common complaints overboard

Last edited:

BCVM22

To which I would suggest avoiding certain platforms. What little I've sampled of the wider Pokémon YouTube and Twitter fandoms seems like a toxic, entitled, delusional cesspool. I'd start by excising those entirely and see if it helps.

RoughCoronet0

Dragon lover
Well that's basically what it feels like ever since last June. I admit that the games have flaws, but it seems like most people like to complain about Gen 8 whether it's the National Dex, how it's the most expensive pokemon game, how the games feel lacking, or how they're just the worst games of all time -_-
To be fair, it feels like this has been the trend since B&W. To hate on the new games until the next new game comes out.

Ignition

Well that's basically what it feels like ever since last June. I admit that the games have flaws, but it seems like most people like to complain about Gen 8 whether it's the National Dex, how they're the most expensive pokemon games, how the plot & region feel lacking, how they reuse animations, or how they're just the worst games of all time -_-
Just a vocal minority. I've seem just as much praise for the games despite their shortcomings