• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
These things always take time, if you're on the list then you'll get it eventually.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I'm on 391 out of 400 in Galar including, Zamacenta all version different exclusives and not counting dlc. +

Something odd happened in Sword. I was finishing several egg breedings for finishing the Galar Base pokedex... several eggs had been hatched without issue including Magby>Magmar, Wingull, Karrablast, Duskull and Rufflet.
However when using Roserade for breeding, why does a happiness daytime related Roselia hatch during nighttime instead of Budew.
Had to hunt for a 5% Spawn rate at West Lake Axewell because of this mystery, I hate low % hunting. :mad:

Does anyone know why this Budew thing happened?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I'm on 391 out of 400 in Galar including, Zamacenta all version different exclusives and not counting dlc. +

Something odd happened in Sword. I was finishing several egg breedings for finishing the Galar Base pokedex... several eggs had been hatched without issue including Magby>Magmar, Wingull, Karrablast, Duskull and Rufflet.
However when using Roserade for breeding, why does a happiness daytime related Roselia hatch during nighttime instead of Budew.
Had to hunt for a 5% Spawn rate at West Lake Axewell because of this mystery, I hate low % hunting. :mad:

Does anyone know why this Budew thing happened?
You need to use a Rose Incense. Certain Pokémon need Incenses to breed the baby Form. Other Pokémon like this are Munchlax (Snorlax holding Full Incense) and Happiny (Chansey/Blissey holding Luck Incense). I’m assuming they use these to explain why you couldn’t get these Pokémon before their debut Generation. They have these for other cross Gen (pre) evolutions with things like friendship, leveling up with a move, trading with an item, and evolving in a certain area,

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
You need to use a Rose Incense. Certain Pokémon need Incenses to breed the baby Form. Other Pokémon like this are Munchlax (Snorlax holding Full Incense) and Happiny (Chansey/Blissey holding Luck Incense). I’m assuming they use these to explain why you couldn’t get these Pokémon before their debut Generation. They have these for other cross Gen (pre) evolutions with things like friendship, leveling up with a move, trading with an item, and evolving in a certain area,
Never thought of the Incenses being needed for a flower pokemon. I had only heard of it for Munchlax mentioned as well as that Incense that incense that boosts special moves for Psychics that i found once.

ShadowForce720

Never thought of the Incenses being needed for a flower pokemon. I had only heard of it for Munchlax mentioned as well as that Incense that incense that boosts special moves for Psychics that i found once.

Here is a list of the baby Pokémon that require a Incense to be bred and their corresponding Incense:

Azurill = Sea Incense
Bonsly = Rock Incense
Budew = Rose Incense
Chingling = Pure Incense
Happiny = Luck Incense
Mantyke = Wave Incense
Mime Jr. = Odd Incense
Munchlax = Full Incense
Wynaut = Lax Incense

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Does anyone have any idea why you can only catch the blue Shellos/Gastrodon in SWSH? I thought they'd make the pink one catchable in the DLC but I haven't seen it there either so it's the one mystery of Gen 8 I still can't figure out to this day

Pokemon Power

These things always take time, if you're on the list then you'll get it eventually.
I signed on and did everything I was supposed to do, and I didn't get it. So I'm only gonna ask once and hope someone can answer. And BCVM22 better not criticize me for this. Does anyone have a spare Zarude code that I can use?

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
So I have no idea where to put this, but I’ll ask it anyway. If a mod knows a better place for this question, feel free to move it. Anyways, if Rose was an actual villain, what would his motivations and goal be? As we all know, he’s a flat character in SwSh, and summoning a dragon to save Galar 1000 years into the future is just nonsensical. The only thing I can think of is that he’d want to persuade countries to violate nuclear treaties, but even that’s confusing. Any thoughts?

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
So I have no idea where to put this, but I’ll ask it anyway. If a mod knows a better place for this question, feel free to move it. Anyways, if Rose was an actual villain, what would his motivations and goal be? As we all know, he’s a flat character in SwSh, and summoning a dragon to save Galar 1000 years into the future is just nonsensical. The only thing I can think of is that he’d want to persuade countries to violate nuclear treaties, but even that’s confusing. Any thoughts?
That's a good question. It seemed like there was more to the story and it was shortened due to time constraints.

Baggie_Saiyan

Which begs the question from an in verse point of view do all Pokemon have incense that can produce baby Mons, but only a few have been discovered? Not sure what the specific lore about Incense is, but it has always bothered me that some Mons have babies and others don't.

(I don't actually want more baby Mons though lol, lowest form of Pokedex filler)

TyranatarGojira

Okay, maybe I'm remembering something wrong here. I have a Shiny Grapploct I wanted to get Sucker Punch on. Sucker Punch is an Egg move for Clobbepuss/Grapploct. Now I thought it was possible to get a Pokemon to learn an Egg move from another Pokemon in it's egg group if you leave them in the daycare together, but when I tried I didn't get it to work. Am I compleatly messed up on this, and it's not a thing, or am I doing something wrong?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Okay, maybe I'm remembering something wrong here. I have a Shiny Grapploct I wanted to get Sucker Punch on. Sucker Punch is an Egg move for Clobbepuss/Grapploct. Now I thought it was possible to get a Pokemon to learn an Egg move from another Pokemon in it's egg group if you leave them in the daycare together, but when I tried I didn't get it to work. Am I compleatly messed up on this, and it's not a thing, or am I doing something wrong?
It has to be that exact Pokémon species. It can’t even be the pre evolution. You’d have to get another Grapploct with Sucker Punch. The good thing is that it doesn’t matter what gender either of your Pokémon are as long as they’re the same species

TyranatarGojira

It has to be that exact Pokémon species. It can’t even be the pre evolution. You’d have to get another Grapploct with Sucker Punch. The good thing is that it doesn’t matter what gender either of your Pokémon are as long as they’re the same species
Right. So just breed a Sucker Punch Clobberpuss, train it up to Grapploct, and then do it.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
I definitely have developed a major dislike for the raid event odds this week. Since the Politoed event began, I have searched for several hours every night, including checking the dens in the wild area and isle of armor and nothing. Even with only 2 dens of the crown tundra being event ones, I have gone from just under 400 dynite ore to maxed out... And have spent a further 6 hours in the isle of armor... Somewhere in the region of 7-800 dens and not a single shiny Politoed. Countless instances of all the others though! 2% is just way too low... I should've had 2/3 by now if luck actually was on my side!

TyranatarGojira

So is there any US distribution for the Sanaconda dynamax crystal? I'm seeing it listed for other countries, but not us, and while it's not a big thing, that is kinda odd.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I wasn’t planning on entering the “Same Double Beat” competition coming up, but then I remembered I have two Falinks who haven’t really had much focus in my competitive battles, so I feel this would be perfect for them.

I just need to figure out a few strategies to use them in double battles since I know they’re not the best pokémon competitively. However, this time I’m less interested in getting a high rank and more interested in giving my Falinks a little action, so I’ll find a way to adapt

Nyter

Island Challenger
Okay so question... I bought both version games (Sword and Shield) when they were released. I played Shield first and coneted everything, even the DLC areas. Now I JUST started Sword, and am really getting into the dialogue. Just met Leon and Sonia and they obviously have history together. Sometimes they throw a lil cute jab here and there at each other.

Then, there is an NPC in Wedgehurst that says "Leon and Sonia used to have a healthy rivalry, but..." and that's it.

But what? I don't remember the game, in my Shield playthings, mentioning anything more regarding Leon and Sonia. Did something happen? Or was Sonia envious Leon gained title and recognition where Sonia (at the time) didn't?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Okay so question... I bought both version games (Sword and Shield) when they were released. I played Shield first and coneted everything, even the DLC areas. Now I JUST started Sword, and am really getting into the dialogue. Just met Leon and Sonia and they obviously have history together. Sometimes they throw a lil cute jab here and there at each other.

Then, there is an NPC in Wedgehurst that says "Leon and Sonia used to have a healthy rivalry, but..." and that's it.

But what? I don't remember the game, in my Shield playthings, mentioning anything more regarding Leon and Sonia. Did something happen? Or was Sonia envious Leon gained title and recognition where Sonia (at the time) didn't?
It's a noodle incident that isn't really elaborated on anywhere else. Not even with implications.

Luthor

Its one of those things that they never really explore in detail but probably would have added so much more to Sonia if they did. You could guess what might have happened but its little more than a guess.