• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
They kind of already did that though when so many people used the UK & German Gamestop codes after their failed attempt to release Zarude the first time
This. I went on the French equivalent of Gamestop’s website and got mine.

TyranatarGojira

So I did some digging through the email headers of the newsletter. Pokémon runs the domain used for sending out emails, but the IP address is owned by Salesforce. I wonder if the codes are sent out through the same system or if they are using something else that is getting throttled or falling over.

I did get the TCG email that went out today, so I don’t think it’s an issue with the email system itself.

Why they don’t just distribute through Pokémon.com is beyond me.
Yeah, I used to get emails... In 2015. I really don't know what the issue is, but it's a problem they need to fix. I hope that they had enough codes to distribute through the help emails this time, cause they are gonna need them.

Lucke

Anyone have extra zarude and celebi codes ? I really really thankful
Cz I signed up and didnt get email, already checked promotiom, spam tab in gmail

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Anyone have extra zarude and celebi codes ? I really really thankful
Cz I signed up and didnt get email, already checked promotiom, spam tab in gmail
Open a ticket at https://support.pokemon.com.

It may be a while before they get back to you, though.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I finally got Dada Zarude. I was going to store it in Home, but I think I may keep it with the rest of my reserves since it's not too OP

EDIT: Never mind, I can't give it a nickname so I may not keep it -_-

masdog

I finally got Dada Zarude. I was going to store it in Home, but I think I may keep it with the rest of my reserves since it's not too OP

EDIT: Never mind, I can't give it a nickname so I may not keep it -_-
If you're looking for a trade at any point, PM me. :)

TyranatarGojira

Been over 48 hours, and still no response from help on the Zarude and Celebii codes. Still got the high volume message up on the support page. Either the weekend has slowed them down, or they really messed this one up.

TyranatarGojira

So has anyone gotten a response yet then? If they had the support team go home over the weekend hoping everything would go out like it was suppossed to, I pity the poor support team. Cause they are gonna go into work Monday and find their request folders are pretty bad. And the longer this goes without being addressed, the more people are going to get mad about it and take it out on them, I fear.

TyranatarGojira

Just realized, we might not get any responses from the newsletter help team until tomorrow. Today is a holiday in the states, and if they observe this one at the company, then we're looking at a long weekend, and they may not have even started going through the complaints.

masdog

Just realized, we might not get any responses from the newsletter help team until tomorrow. Today is a holiday in the states, and if they observe this one at the company, then we're looking at a long weekend, and they may not have even started going through the complaints.
Columbus Day is a mainly a bank and government holiday. There is no mail delivery, but many companies continue to do work as normal.

masdog

So I decided to stop by my local Best Buy today to get a hard drive and the GMax Pikachu/Eevee codes. The cashier I talked to said that the codes were gone yesterday. They timed it, and they were gone within 7 minutes of the store opening.

Either they didn't have enough, or they were REALLY popular.

TyranatarGojira

Columbus Day is a mainly a bank and government holiday. There is no mail delivery, but many companies continue to do work as normal.
Well I sent my request in Saturday at noon and still haven't heard back from them, and it took a lot less time with the First Zarude fiasco. So I'm just looking for some reason it's taking so long for anyone to hear from them.
So I decided to stop by my local Best Buy today to get a hard drive and the GMax Pikachu/Eevee codes. The cashier I talked to said that the codes were gone yesterday. They timed it, and they were gone within 7 minutes of the store opening.

Either they didn't have enough, or they were REALLY popular.
That's surprising, since it's for the pair of crystals, and while there's some unique moves on them they aren't shiny or anything. They really are knocking it out of the park for their USA distributions aren't they?

TyranatarGojira

I still haven't received anything. No codes, and no response from support. Has anyone who is waiting for codes received anything?
No, I'm still waiting for any kind of response either. I sent my help request in Saturday. This is surprising, because I got a response much faster with the first Zarude event, and that had a lot more people complaining, I got a response in about 12 hours there. And in September when I asked if there was anything else I could do to try and ensure I got the newsletter, they got back to me in less than two hours.

We still have the high volume of inquiries message up on the site, so who knows. I'm giving them until that message dissappears or sometime tomorrow, whichever comes first before I try contacting them again.

masdog

No, I'm still waiting for any kind of response either. I sent my help request in Saturday. This is surprising, because I got a response much faster with the first Zarude event, and that had a lot more people complaining, I got a response in about 12 hours there. And in September when I asked if there was anything else I could do to try and ensure I got the newsletter, they got back to me in less than two hours.

We still have the high volume of inquiries message up on the site, so who knows. I'm giving them until that message dissappears or sometime tomorrow, whichever comes first before I try contacting them again.
I got a response from support a few hours ago. It was basically a rehash of the KB article.

TyranatarGojira

I got a response from support a few hours ago. It was basically a rehash of the KB article.
Then hopefully I'll be getting one soon. Let's see what they say to me. I'm getting a little tired of the stock response of "Have you checked the spam, promotions, and the box to recieve promotions" when I keep telling them in my initial letter I did all that. I know they have to say it, but dang it, it makes me feel like I'm talking to a wall.

edit: Over 24 hours later, and time for a status update.

Well, checking my email I still haven't gotten any response from the Help team. And that I actually sent my help request last friday, so we're at six days now. Nearly a week. Still got the higher than normal number of requests up on the help page. I don't know if they took the weekend, including monday off, or are just incredibly short handed now, but that's really bad. I sent a reply to the confirmation of recieving my help ticket asking about my situation several hours ago, but nothing yet. I don't hear from them by morning, I'm submitting another help request, and too bad if it's adding to their volume.

I've given up on getting the codes now, but I'll be damned if I give up on getting a response, and maybe, just maybe something actually done about this in the future. Honestly I'm more frustrated about it now than I would have been at the start of the week.

When they start the shiny box legendaries at Gamestop I think I'll try to pick up some extra to help out anyone who has trouble with that. You know, assuming they don't screw that one up and run out before I can get there or not send any to my Gamestop. After this, I figure I should try and help someone else avoid this kind of dissappointment.

Further edit: Well support got back to me, though it was the standared "Have you tried this?" steps, again. Which I informed them I had. Again.

Yet another Edit: And now they will be investigating my claim, and will get back to me within a week. So that's something.

Last edited:

TyranatarGojira

Sorry about double posting, but it's been a week, and I figure if I just edit my last one it's gonna be overlooked.

So it's been almost a week since I heard from the help for the newsletter. I'll give them until tomorrow night or friday morning, but this has just been absurd. I'm pretty sure I won't ever be getting the codes for Dada Zarude and Shiny Celebii at this point, but the sheer ammount of time all this is taking to get any response is honestly made me far more pissed about that than I would have been if I'd just gotten a "sorry, we messed up, and we're sorry we are out of codes" shortly after. At this point I'm really feeling like I'm being ignored or punished because I've been nice and done everything I'm suppossed to, and it's very frustrating. I'm gonna make sure next time they run any promotions through the newsletter to see if someone on a forum can pick me up an extra code.

Has anyone else been having any problems like this, or is it just me?

Edit: And the "High Volume of requests" banner is back, and I can't use the "Add to Conversation" button on the my activeties page is disabled. I guess I'm stuck giving it a little longer, but I'm only giving it until tomorrow when I bug them via the E-Mail.

Last edited: