• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
I now believe that Ultra Sun, Ultra Moon, Sword and Shield all take place in a universe where Ghetsis’s plan to liberate all pokemon from their trainers was a success.

I still find it weird that multiple fully evolved pokemon can be found in the Alola region and the Wild Area, Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra in Sword and Shield.

Last edited:

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Update on my Celebi and Zarude codes: I had one followup from support after confirming that my newsletter subscription settings were correct. They said that this would have to be looked into further, and that it might take a few weeks for them to get back to me. I haven't heard anything since. I will probably follow up on Friday if I don't hear anything.

I now believe that Sword and Shield takes place in a universe where Ghetsis’s plan to liberate all pokemon from their trainers was a success.
Interesting idea. What makes you think that?

TyranatarGojira

Update on my Celebi and Zarude codes: I had one followup from support after confirming that my newsletter subscription settings were correct. They said that this would have to be looked into further, and that it might take a few weeks for them to get back to me. I haven't heard anything since. I will probably follow up on Friday if I don't hear anything.
I've had a couple, but I don't think they've explicitly confirmed my settings were correct yet. It'll be two weeks on Friday since I last heard from them, so I'll bug them then probably. Still got the banner saying high ammount of requests, and responses may be slow on the sites help page.

Also, I wish I'd saved the link, but someone on Reddit linked to Gamestop Ireland's page for the Shiny Wolves distribution. Just say which wolf you want, and put in your e-mail. I did it monday, and got a code today. No region issues, I live in the states and got it fine.

masdog

I've had a couple, but I don't think they've explicitly confirmed my settings were correct yet. It'll be two weeks on Friday since I last heard from them, so I'll bug them then probably. Still got the banner saying high ammount of requests, and responses may be slow on the sites help page.

Also, I wish I'd saved the link, but someone on Reddit linked to Gamestop Ireland's page for the Shiny Wolves distribution. Just say which wolf you want, and put in your e-mail. I did it monday, and got a code today. No region issues, I live in the states and got it fine.
I got my wolves from GAME in the UK. No issues there.

And there are three GameStops within a few miles of my house (also US-based), so I haven't had any issues getting the cards.

TyranatarGojira

I got my wolves from GAME in the UK. No issues there.

And there are three GameStops within a few miles of my house (also US-based), so I haven't had any issues getting the cards.
I've seen some people complaining about their Gamestops being out of them. And after the problems with the Trainer Club and Dada Zarude, I figured I'd be nice and get a few extra in case anyone was gonna miss out.

masdog

Has anyone seen the Sword and Shield + Expansion pack bundles recently? I was planning to buy a second copy of Sword for my Switch Lite (so my kids can keep the other copy of Sword on the main switch), but it doesn’t seem to be stocked at any store in my local area. It’s not that they’re just out of stock - the shelf space has been taken away and replaced with other games. Did these get discontinued? Is it just a victim of the supply chain issues?

Its weird that I can’t seem to find them anywhere lately.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Has anyone seen the Sword and Shield + Expansion pack bundles recently? I was planning to buy a second copy of Sword for my Switch Lite (so my kids can keep the other copy of Sword on the main switch), but it doesn’t seem to be stocked at any store in my local area. It’s not that they’re just out of stock - the shelf space has been taken away and replaced with other games. Did these get discontinued? Is it just a victim of the supply chain issues?

I've noticed that they've more or less dried up as well. I've been wanting to grab Sword+Exp, and the only one I can find is priced outside my range.

TyranatarGojira

I've noticed that they've more or less dried up as well. I've been wanting to grab Sword+Exp, and the only one I can find is priced outside my range.
I saw them in two different Gamestops a week ago. I'm pretty sure both had them new, but they may just have not run through their stock yet.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
So lemme get this straight; there’s an event Charizard, not shiny, Gigantamax form and the OT/current world champ just HAPPENS to be named LEONardo?

The irony lol…

SilverSuicuneX

crystal dreams
I really hated the fact that Nintendo stopped making games for the DS. Looks like I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get a Switch Lite so I can continue to play. Which game would be best to play first, Sword & Shield, or one of the other titles?

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
I really hated the fact that Nintendo stopped making games for the DS. Looks like I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get a Switch Lite so I can continue to play. Which game would be best to play first, Sword & Shield, or one of the other titles?
SS, if only because that's more in line with modern pokemon, plus its DLC are improvements on the base game and offer a lot more variety

BDSP are faithful remakes to a fault, and that's not a good thing

Vindicated30.6

Ace and Aspie, for life and light!
What kind of luck are people having with the current Wild Area Max Raid event? I have yet to encounter a shiny Delibird. I have the Shiny Charm and 100% Pokedex completion in the main game and both DLC. I've been pretty much only popping Sword in to shiny hunt, and Delibird isn't in Dynamax Adventures.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
What kind of luck are people having with the current Wild Area Max Raid event? I have yet to encounter a shiny Delibird. I have the Shiny Charm and 100% Pokedex completion in the main game and both DLC. I've been pretty much only popping Sword in to shiny hunt, and Delibird isn't in Dynamax Adventures.
Got it within 12 dens on day 2 of the search in the main wild area. Almost polar opposite to the previous hunt I did for zoroark, which took a couple weeks.

Vindicated30.6

Yeah I'm alternating between checking my honey trees in BD and hunting shiny Santa birds. Nothing impressive on either so far. Did have three five star Drapion raids in a row. That was nice at least.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
I was breeding for shiny staryu when the event went live. Got both in the same day. Generally when night falls, I focus entirely on raids given its much easier to see them.

Vindicated30.6

Well the Wild Area is currently having a snow day, probably because of Christmas. Not Diamond Dust, unfortunately. But it's affecting visibility.

Vindicated30.6

Awesome, good to know! Thanks!