1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Sword & Shield GENERAL DISCUSSION Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Shield Discussion' started by Kage-Pikachu, Jun 9, 2018.

?

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

1. Nah

4.8%
  2. Yep

13.1%
  3. I'm a kangaroo

82.1%
  1. janejane6178

janejane6178 XY over SM (ew) ANYDAY!!!! <3 (Anything actually)

Just a few days till May <33
    Soon more news <3

PokeMon2.0 likes this.
  2. PokeMon2.0

PokeMon2.0 Cramorant is too cute for words!

I think we’ll get news in May, and much more in June.

janejane6178 likes this.
  3. janejane6178

Any piece of new information will be welcomed

Pikachu111213 likes this.
  4. Ultra Beast Lover

Ultra Beast Lover Well-Known Member

Figures crossed that the villain isn't super obvious this time. Give us like three characters that each have some of the evil team's color on their outfit so that all three can be valid suspects.

5. Acer11

Acer11 Well-Known Member

There's recently been a "rumor" of a "new" Pokemon called Petromite from 4chan, but I'm not sure on believing it.

6. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Still miss you, Lorne. Staff Member Moderator

Just saw it. I'm taking with a HUGE grain of salt at this point.

Pikachu111213 likes this.
  7. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

Okay, if you're not believing it, then what's the point of bringing it up here?

8. janejane6178

After the previous new Pokemon leak, that seemed very real but turned out to be fake, I take it with a grain of salt

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
  9. Ultra Beast Lover

It's kind of fun to bring up leaks that're probably fake, especially when there's nothing to really talk about.

LilligantLewis likes this.
  10. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

The thing looks like a cross between a Eevee and a lantern. The fake Bug looked more convincing

11. janejane6178

I agree, it's fun to speculate on it

12. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

I would argue that it's only really interesting if there's at least some chance it's real.

That aside, just mentioning a name isn't really providing us with any worthwhile conversation fuel. So even if you do consider it fun to discuss obvious fakes, the post in question was still kind of pointless.

13. Red and Blue

Wonder what type they would give to a floating lantern? I would say flying, but it could be levitating thanks to Psychic powers. Electric/Psychic would be my guess

14. Acer11

Acer11 Well-Known Member

It's somewhat similar to Lampent.

15. Wulava

Wulava Chuffed to bits Staff Member Moderator

IMO, it feels... off? Even the animation... and I agree that the fake bug was indeed far more convincing. But anyway, May is upon us. Below is the events for May in the past main game releases starting Gen 6.

May 2018
    Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee has been announced.
    Gen 8 was also announced.

May 2016
    First news for Sun & Moon after being announced in Feb 2016. First trailer contained first gameplay footage, legendaries, boxart, region, starters, and release date.

May 2014
    ORAS announced. Boxarts and first gameplay footage shown.

May 2013
    First general news for XY (CoroCoro) since its announcement in January 2013. Sylveon and Mega Mewtwo Y was revealed Feb & April 2013 respectively, but it was majorly related to the movie, "Genesect and the Legend Awakened". Anyway, it revealed Fletchling, Gogoat, Pancham & Helioptile, main characters, region name and map, Lumiose City, and trainer customization.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    janejane6178 and PokeMon2.0 like this.
  16. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

Or how about give the character a casual outfit? Seeing Lysandre was just an "Oh gee, I wonder who the villain is." moment.... actually let's just not have the leader have the same hair color as his freaking organization! It worked for Maxie as you knew he was bad the moment you meet him, Lysandre was supposed to be 'good' but there he is rocking Team Flare's colors and has the hair to match... and nobody's the wiser

So long as we get another character on Ghetsis and Guzma's level I'll be happy. I just don't want another team full of nobody's like Team Flare was, I've yet to meet anyone who can actually name all those girls without looking it up. They're so forgettable....

17. Ultra Beast Lover

And maybe don't have the opening cutscene show the protagonist getting chased by the supposed good guys or have the leader say stuff like, "I will be the mother to all of the Pokemon."

Agreed on the Team Flare part especially, honestly I've forgotten a lot of our encounters with them.

18. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Well-Known Member

That lantern really looks like they put Eevee and Lantern in a blender so....yeah, not real.

Thing is by the time the game releases we will know who the leader of the evil team is, so why really bother trying to be sneaky about it?
    Plus the last time they tried to give a character a secret identity that wasn't spoiled by the pre-release (Kukui) they didn't even try to hide it from the player.

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  19. Ignition

Ignition Incineroar wins yet again (proud of my son)

It’s supposed to be a lantern?

20. Red and Blue

From the looks of it, yeah.

I have no trouble believing a floating lantern Pokemon can exist. But the resemblance to Eevee is just a giant red flag. Also Pokemon based on inanimate objects usually aren't found on the first route

PokeMon2.0 and WishIhadaManafi5 like this.