• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
You literally just listed a bunch of things wrong with it, even comparing the quality to a PS2 game, said it wasn’t worth the price, and then said “oh but it’s Game Freak and this is their first attempt at a main series game on the Switch so it’s all okay and I’m going to be lenient.”

Why!? WHY!? Why is everyone just giving them a free pass for serving up some steaming pile of pokecrap as the Gen 8 games? Why should you be lenient and accept subpar games?

Pokémon has clearly conditioned you to accept mediocrity and it’s just sad. Very sad.
I’m sorry for causing another argument. I tried to point out the flaws in the graphics to show I’m not blindly seeing the game as perfect and that I want to wait until it comes out & give it a chance. Plus, I tried to say that I’m hoping the other features in the games will make up for the graphics since we don’t really know that much else about Sword & Shield yet. Sorry for making it sound any worse.

Anyway, I do like the idea that Nintendo’s doing surveys, though I’m not sure how much they will help since I’m worried the results & trying to please everyone’s opinions will lead to Game Freak either overworking their employees or delaying Sword & Shield’s release.

Marzbar

They didn't send the surveys, they just leave it on the website, i can still able to access that surveys with this link

https://www.pokemon.co.jp/form/enquete190605/
Yes that's one of them. I believe there's an additional survey that's not specifically about SwSh and talks about the games in general and what features you like the most. And then goes into SwSh later in the survey. I saw a youtube video about it. The other one didn't have pictures of any Gen 8 pokemon and ask you to pick a favourite. It also made you watch the nintendo direct trailer (without the box legendaries reveal bit at the end).

BCVM22

I’m worried the results & trying to please everyone’s opinions will lead to Game Freak either overworking their employees or delaying Sword & Shield’s release.

It's nearly July and these games are out in November. They aren't making wholesale changes to the game we get at launch at this point - they cannot make wholesale changes to the game we'll get at launch. The development schedule simply wouldn't allow for that. And they certainly aren't doing that on the sole basis of online fan surveys.

greninjamaster

The obsession over these stupid ridiculous tree graphics is the same crap as the puddles in the PS4 Spider-Man game that for some reason people had a problem with. It's the internet, people can always find something to complain about.

Not gonna stop this game from getting fantastic reviews and breaking sales records for the Pokemon brand and even Nintendo Switch.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I'm not saying he can't spend his money and buy the game....
I'm questioning why everyone is so lenient towards Gamefreak. He DOES see the same issues as I do, he listed them in his post!!

But to change the subject, Nintendo are right now sending out surveys about SwSh to Pokemon fans in Japan. Perhaps they want our feedback and will act on it after all, who knows. Could just be a coincidence and they do surveys regardless.

Everyone isn't, hence the hashtags and youtube comments etc etc..why not go there and talk to those people instead of arguing with people who like the game and want to buy it??

Leonhart

Imagineer
Marzbar said:
But to change the subject, Nintendo are right now sending out surveys about SwSh to Pokemon fans in Japan. Perhaps they want our feedback and will act on it after all, who knows. Could just be a coincidence and they do surveys regardless.

I doubt that they'll make changes to Shield and Sword even if they receive a lot of negative feedback from fans via the surveys. It seems really late for Game Freak to make big changes to the games, and I doubt that they'll go as far as to delay the games just to change some stuff around.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Everyone isn't, hence the hashtags and youtube comments etc etc..why not go there and talk to those people instead of arguing with people who like the game and want to buy it??
Because only talking to like-minded people doesn't solve anything, doesn't advance anything, it doesn't help anything. All it does is create echo chambers that effect further division and toxicity. You need to debate people with a different mindset to learn different viewpoints, to gain understanding, and to grow. All you're trying to do here is get someone with an opinion you don't agree with and who asks for understanding out of your feed instead of seeing it as an opportunity to learn.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Because only talking to like-minded people doesn't solve anything, doesn't advance anything, it doesn't help anything. All it does is create echo chambers that effect further division and toxicity. You need to debate people with a different mindset to learn different viewpoints, to gain understanding, and to grow. All you're trying to do here is get someone with an opinion you don't agree with and who asks for understanding out of your feed instead of seeing it as an opportunity to learn.

But he's not trying to hear our point of view, he's asked that same question before and continues to ask it again. And then we tell him, he still continues to ask why we "defend" gamefreak even though a lot of us have said why already.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
They didn't send the surveys, they just leave it on the website, i can still able to access that surveys with this link

https://www.pokemon.co.jp/form/enquete190605/
That’s in Japan. In Europe, people who opted in for promotional emails from Nintendo received a much longer, more in-depth survey sent to them via email.
Is it me, or spectators are literally singing an anthem at 9:43 just like real-life football matches?

I watched that video earlier and thought the exact same thing! If it truly is chanting then I’m all the more excited for this game. That’s such a unique and creative touch.

I haven't had the motivation to post my thoughts on these games at all. But now I feel up to it. So, here are my silly thoughts:

Since Sword and Shield have been announce earlier in the year, I've been so excited. I'm craving a new region to explore and new Pokemon to catch, and hopefully to shiny hunt. The direct earlier this month made me so giddy and happy. The region looks gorgeous. The fact that there's probably both over world encounters and random encounters is awesome. Because I loved the over world encounters in Let's Go!, but I was missing the surprise of what was going to jump out at me in the grass. And Dynamax... is honestly not that bad. I kinda think it's cool. I'm just imagining when things get tough and there's probably little hope for me and my team, I suddenly Dynamax my starter and give it all I got is so epic. Or give myself a challenge and have my little Scorbunny bring down this beast of a Pokemon! As someone with a wild imagination, that makes me so excited.

I've been anticipating an open world Pokemon game, and the Wild Areas seems like it's going a step in the right direction. If the Wild Areas are how I'm imagining it will be, I'm going to spend HOURS just encountering Pokemon in all the ways possible and shiny hunt to my hearts content. I might take forever completing the games, because I get so distracted in Open World games. Yet, I'll want to explore the towns, too. Because from what I've seen, they look really neat.

From the Direct, I loved all the Pokemon they revealed to us. If Drednaw evolves into something neat, he's definitely going on my team. And the box Legendaries are super cool. They're like brothers in arms, sparring each other. Then they team up to take down a great threat. Sorry, got a little carried away with my own interpretation.

Then E3 rolled around... and I got more excited! The stormy weather in the wild areas look so nice. I hope it rains all the time for me, because I love rain. Yamper is so cute, and I'm excited to add him to my team. And Impidimp is interesting, but I'll wait to see if it has an evolution before I decide to add him to the team or not. But I'm on board for the Fairy/Dark type.

Oh, and the recent video that came out for the gym battle. Holy cow, that is awesome! Cheering from the crowd is one of the things I loved about Colosseum battles on the GC games. It's a small touch that adds life to it. And it really gives the feeling that this region is all about the battles. And I'm not sure if the crowd is chanting, or if it's the music. Either way, I'm digging it.

All in all, the news for Sword and Shield are making me feel like a kid again. I've been waiting to play a mainline Pokemon game on console since Pokemon Colosseum. And so far, I'm very impressed with what I'm seeing.

My final thoughts... November 15th can't come fast enough! Ahhh!

PreschoolerFromNowhere

First at E3 and then North American international and then Paris Japan Expo and probably World Hobby Fair in Japan too

I like how they put the demo for people to around in many places but probably won't make it to eShop to avoid datamine

But the sad part is i can't go to any of those places to try out myself...:(

Wonder if they going to use this demo until the game release or maybe an upgrade demo in the future? just wonder...

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
This is from 2017, but it gives an idea of where The Pokémon Company is at: https://www.businessinsider.com/pokemon-ceo-tsunekazu-ishiharan-nintendo-switch-fail-2017-9

The man in charge of all things Pokémon says he specifically warned Nintendo about its latest console, the outrageously popular Nintendo Switch. He thought it was going to be a failure.

"I told Nintendo that Switch wouldn't be a success before it went on sale, because I thought that in the age of the smartphone no one would carry around a game console," Tsunekazu Ishihara, CEO of The Pokémon Company told Bloomberg in a recent interview. "It's obvious I was wrong."

Though wrong in the long-term, Ishihara held a view that many did before Nintendo's Switch launched back in March. How could Nintendo compete with free smartphone games? Who would buy a $300 portable game console when there's already a supercomputer in your pocket with a super high-definition screen?

Source: business insider

I'm honestly far more concerned that they think that people have fancy smartphones. Talk about living in a bubble. They seem to be obsessed with free smartphone games instead...

Only not all smartphones are alike. Some can hardly run anything at all.

Last edited:

123Day5

This is from 2017, but it gives an idea of where The Pokémon Company is at: https://www.businessinsider.com/pokemon-ceo-tsunekazu-ishiharan-nintendo-switch-fail-2017-9

I'm honestly far more concerned that they think that people have fancy smartphones. Talk about living in a bubble. They seem to be obsessed with free smartphone games instead...

This is worrisome and lends some credence to silphspectre's theory unfortunately.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

This kind of reflects their emphasis on all of the new apps & upcoming smartphone games they mentioned in the press conference. Plus, it also reminds me of an interview for OR/AS where Game Freak said part of the reason they didn’t include a Battle Frontier was because they were catering more towards people who play games on their phones.

This is also partly why I’m still getting Sword & Shield & I hope the games do good, despite the flaws & controversy. I don’t want to come off as someone blindly supporting Game Freak or being complacent to cutting corners, but I want these games to be a success to show the Pokémon Company that console games aren’t obsolete when compared to smartphones.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
This is worrisome and lends some credence to silphspectre's theory unfortunately.
Feel free to share that one over in the Rumor and Speculation thread. I'm wondering about that one to be honest.

This kind of reflects their emphasis on all of the new apps & upcoming smartphone games they mentioned in the press conference. Plus, it also reminds me of an interview for OR/AS where Game Freak said part of the reason they didn’t include a Battle Frontier was because they were catering more towards people who play games on their phones.
Agreed, such as Pokémon Sleep and so on. It sucks that they keep on cutting features since they think people who play on phones wouldn't like that.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。

Despite Switch's success put that claim to the rest for now, it's important to note how bad a foreseer and uncreative Tsunekazu Ishiara business-wise. Shows how one shouldn't assume a higher-role because of their sole experience in the franchise.

Even his statement about mobile phones are quite inaccurate: First, most of the brand-new phones can't run what Switch runs. Second, such phones cost twice of Switch's price tag. Third, longevity: just because GO is a master-class in that aspect doesn't mean Pokémon Masters (or like) will follow the same steps.

As most companies usually fail in that case; promote the next one in-charge instead of finding the most suitable for it, we will keep hearing similar news in the future.