• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
There was always one Pokemon I thought was pretty odd in how it rarely got any major buffs like Mega Evolution or Z-Moves outside of a good hidden ability. I wouldn't be bothered by it but it would be kind of weird to see it excluded from the Galar Pokedex, the Poliwag Evolution line that also consists of Poliwrath and Politoed. I always thought it was quite strange that it never had a Mega-Evolution or an exclusive Z-Move because out of all the Pokemon that have ever existed, Poliwag is the Pokemon Creators favorite Pokemon.

JohnLynch

How come they could create models, animations and textures for more than 720 Pokemon for XY from scratch but can't for some reason up-res textures and copy/paste the rest of the models and animations to Sword/Shield?
If they tried to reuse animations and models from a handheld game in a console game, they would get hammered. EVERY gamer would come out and criticise them for that. There is NO ONE who would defend Game Freak for reusing animations from a 3DS game in a switch game. No one.

Therefore they couldn’t reuse animations in Pokémon Shield and Sword and use that time saved to code in every pokemon.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Kinda why I hope for one day a Eugenics Lab in one of the games. No running around in circles, just incubators and a room full of your flame body 'mons. Hatching eggs like nobody's business.

Breeding can be fun, it'd be nice if they stream lined it to take out the tedious parts.

That's... that's... exceedingly dark and morally questionable. Even for Pokémon. lol

Kinda sounds like a farm factory. :confused:

JohnLynch

Trolling
I don't think they're just doing nothing at all instead.
They’re definitely not doing nothing. Have you not seen the DLC they put together? That’s some high quality stuff right there. Totally makes up for not including all the Pokémon.

;)

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Let's keep out the sarcasm and get back to actual discussion. This is in regards to everyone. Continue this, and this thread will be locked. No questions asked.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Kinda why I hope for one day a Eugenics Lab in one of the games. No running around in circles, just incubators and a room full of your flame body 'mons. Hatching eggs like nobody's business.

Breeding can be fun, it'd be nice if they stream lined it to take out the tedious parts.

I think Masuda was quoted as saying something about not wanting the games to be egg hatching simulators though...

Yeah, I highly doubt Pokemon will ever include a mechanic literally labeled a eugenics lab. I know eugenics has connotations beyond Nazi Germany, but that's pretty much the first thing that comes to most people's minds when they hear the term. Even other forms of eugenics are still highly ethically questionable at best, and it's definitely a topic that doesn't need to be present, let alone promoted, in material like Pokemon that's mostly aimed at a younger audience. On the other hand, IV breeding pretty much is eugenics to begin with, but at least it isn't labeled as such.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Yeah, I highly doubt Pokemon will ever include a mechanic literally labeled a eugenics lab. I know eugenics has connotations beyond Nazi Germany, but that's pretty much the first thing that comes to most people's minds when they hear the term. Even other forms of eugenics are still highly ethically questionable at best, and it's definitely a topic that doesn't need to be present, let alone promoted, in material like Pokemon that's mostly aimed at a younger audience. On the other hand, IV breeding pretty much is eugenics to begin with, but at least it isn't labeled as such.
The difference is IV breeding has objectively good and objectively bad results. Other types of eugenics, not so much.

You know, there's something that's been bugging me for quite a while. People keep talking about how the Switch should be able to support much better graphics than a handheld system, but here's what I don't get: the Switch IS a handheld system. Yes it CAN connect to your TV and be played like a console, but it's also perfectly playable without doing that (I should know; I've played probably 500 hours worth of games on it and have never once hooked it up to the dock). Even when docked the data is still being read by the same part with the small screen, so it sure seems to me like it's more of a handheld than an actual console; at best it's a transitional state between the two.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

PreschoolerFromNowhere

Not like i care much about this book but i have to note in case someone might wondering...

Corocoro leak here

https://twitter.com/azumarugao_kame/status/1149179472144297985

And as always, you want something new? nope!

...I guess that super strong Steel type move artwork is new, maybe?

Anyway, the news might drop without warning since last time Gigantamax just drop out from nowhere, i guess you can expected real news from that, and no more that they have to announcement before just like SM era...

Edit : Oops! didn't noticed Joe are faster than me, busy at work, just take a chance when boss won't looking and check the internet around, my bad.

Last edited:

Minedreigon

A monument to all your sins
I also hope the color ends up changeable. As for my number, maybe I'll go with 200. Though I'd prefer a prime or square.

Wait, you like prime numbers? Thought it was just me left...

Not sure how I feel about giga whatever maxing being a special ability only certain specimens from a given species are able to harness. It depends on how’s it’s obtained but it could make obtaining battle ready Pokemon harder when the games for the most part have been making it easier. Something like this would be the last thing the competitive scene needs.

ArtFenix

Flaming/Insulting Other People
If they tried to reuse animations and models from a handheld game in a console game, they would get hammered. EVERY gamer would come out and criticise them for that. There is NO ONE who would defend Game Freak for reusing animations from a 3DS game in a switch game. No one.

Therefore they couldn’t reuse animations in Pokémon Shield and Sword and use that time saved to code in every pokemon.
Excuse me but what in the world are you talking about? I have to ask you an honest question: have you ever played XY or SM? Like, have you ever seen those games? Because that's PRECISELY what they did - they straight up reused animations from XY for all pokemon (other than the new ones, obviously)!
Good gracious, the lengths some people go to defend GameFreak... And then you wonder why others call you blind followers.

This is my last message here for now. After all I've said and presented people like you STILL act like I said nothing. You're denying anything and everything GF's critics present as arguments. You deny FACTS.
I'm out of here.

Last edited:

Saddlers_End

From the CoroCoro leak that was posted earlier, in the 3rd and 4th pictures, aren't those new Pokemon? I haven't played XY or BW/B2W2 yet and I honestly have never gone through the entire national dex. Seems like I might need to though, so I don't know if the bottom left in picture 3 and the bottom right of photo 4 are new pokemon

Edit: Sorry, I can't seem to post links and I haven't been on the forum very long, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. If I can get them to work, I will do my best haha.

PreschoolerFromNowhere

From the CoroCoro leak that was posted earlier, in the 3rd and 4th pictures, aren't those new Pokemon? I haven't played XY or BW/B2W2 yet and I honestly have never gone through the entire national dex. Seems like I might need to though, so I don't know if the bottom left in picture 3 and the bottom right of photo 4 are new pokemon

Edit: Sorry, I can't seem to post links and I haven't been on the forum very long, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. If I can get them to work, I will do my best haha.

It's just a Lanturn and a Hydreigon.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
The difference is IV breeding has objectively good and objectively bad results. Other types of eugenics, not so much.

Another thing is, though, IV breeding is a strictly player-spawned endeavor, and is neither endorsed nor encouraged by the game.

Thus, there is no real way for the games to support something that it itself has no mechanic for.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Another thing is, though, IV breeding is a strictly player-spawned endeavor, and is neither endorsed nor encouraged by the game.

Thus, there is no real way for the games to support something that it itself has no mechanic for.
What about destiny knot, power items, and hyper training? I'm thinking they definitely have already endorsed IV breeding. It's obviously not going to be brought up during the main story due to being a higher level player thing to do, but otherwise if they're bringing out items to help with IV breeding, they're definitely encouraging it a little more than not at all.