1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Sword & Shield GENERAL DISCUSSION Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Shield Discussion' started by Kage-Pikachu, Jun 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Still miss you, Lorne. Staff Member

Ah I see. Thanks for finding it.

Well it's kind of sad that it's become so uber competitive. It's why some fans prefer to just breed Pokémon instead of battling (that's kind of myself at this point).

Redstar45 and wolf jani like this.
  2. PreschoolerFromNowhere

PreschoolerFromNowhere Well-Known Member

Not like i care much about this book but i have to note in case someone might wondering...

Corocoro leak here

https://twitter.com/azumarugao_kame/status/1149179472144297985

And as always, you want something new? nope!

...I guess that super strong Steel type move artwork is new, maybe?

Anyway, the news might drop without warning since last time Gigantamax just drop out from nowhere, i guess you can expected real news from that, and no more that they have to announcement before just like SM era...

Edit : Oops! didn't noticed Joe are faster than me, busy at work, just take a chance when boss won't looking and check the internet around, my bad.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    wolf jani and Jerimiyah like this.
  3. Minedreigon

Minedreigon A monument to all your sins

Wait, you like prime numbers? Thought it was just me left...

Not sure how I feel about giga whatever maxing being a special ability only certain specimens from a given species are able to harness. It depends on how’s it’s obtained but it could make obtaining battle ready Pokemon harder when the games for the most part have been making it easier. Something like this would be the last thing the competitive scene needs.

anjunajake likes this.
  4. yefluke

yefluke Dizzy Trainer

I hope there is steel gym... and well... it's time for dark gym.

However, until now, we still don't know the type of box legendaries yet.

catzeye and wolf jani like this.
  5. ArtFenix

ArtFenix Well-Known Member

• Flaming/Insulting Other People
    Excuse me but what in the world are you talking about? I have to ask you an honest question: have you ever played XY or SM? Like, have you ever seen those games? Because that's PRECISELY what they did - they straight up reused animations from XY for all pokemon (other than the new ones, obviously)!

Good gracious, the lengths some people go to defend GameFreak... And then you wonder why others call you blind followers.

This is my last message here for now. After all I've said and presented people like you STILL act like I said nothing. You're denying anything and everything GF's critics present as arguments. You deny FACTS.
    I'm out of here.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  6. Wulava

Wulava Gotta catch some of 'em! Staff Member Moderator

People, please use THIS THREAD for anything Dexit, "higher quality animations", and other related discussions. This kind of discussion is honestly getting tiresome.

catzeye, Bamboosle, Ignition and 13 others like this.
  7. Saddlers_End

Saddlers_End Member

From the CoroCoro leak that was posted earlier, in the 3rd and 4th pictures, aren't those new Pokemon? I haven't played XY or BW/B2W2 yet and I honestly have never gone through the entire national dex. Seems like I might need to though, so I don't know if the bottom left in picture 3 and the bottom right of photo 4 are new pokemon

Edit: Sorry, I can't seem to post links and I haven't been on the forum very long, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. If I can get them to work, I will do my best haha.

Jerimiyah likes this.
  8. PreschoolerFromNowhere

PreschoolerFromNowhere Well-Known Member

It's just a Lanturn and a Hydreigon.

9. Saddlers_End

Saddlers_End Member

Oof heck haha. You're totally right. Thanks for clearing that up for me :)

BTS_fan and wolf jani like this.
  10. PrinceOfFacade

PrinceOfFacade Ghost-Type Master

Another thing is, though, IV breeding is a strictly player-spawned endeavor, and is neither endorsed nor encouraged by the game.

Thus, there is no real way for the games to support something that it itself has no mechanic for.

wolf jani likes this.
  11. lemoncatpower

lemoncatpower Mr. Left

What about destiny knot, power items, and hyper training? I'm thinking they definitely have already endorsed IV breeding. It's obviously not going to be brought up during the main story due to being a higher level player thing to do, but otherwise if they're bringing out items to help with IV breeding, they're definitely encouraging it a little more than not at all.

TheWanderingMist and anjunajake like this.
  12. PrinceOfFacade

PrinceOfFacade Ghost-Type Master

I think the game's certainly endorsed IV training no doubt, but breeding I'm not so sure about. At least not in the 'mass production' sense most players who breed are into.

wolf jani likes this.
  13. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Haikiri, Keeper Of The Gates Precarious

Doesn't Hyper Training kind of totally negate the breeding aspect and render it unnecessary except for Hidden Power typing?

14. WhiteBlair

WhiteBlair Well-Known Member

Breeding is also essential for Egg Moves.

15. Baggie_Saiyan

Baggie_Saiyan Well-Known Member

Welp. UK Switch Lite Price is £200.... what is the point then? I am back in the same situation, that is a lot money to just play Pokemon & I may aswell just pay £80 extra to get the Switch proper then. Eurgghhh just feels cursed at this point me not playing the game day1.

16. Ultra Beast Lover

Ultra Beast Lover Well-Known Member

I'm just gonna wait for a price reduction on the Switch Lite, thankfully it's not as bad as the main switch. Hoping to be able to also try Minecraft on it.

Redstar45 and Jerimiyah like this.
  17. Sliverbaer

Sliverbaer Member

200 is too much in my opinion.

Maybe they'll ninja announce a new SwSh full switch model soon. The Sword and Switch colors are not quite the same as the blue/red joycons?

Jerimiyah likes this.
  18. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

Waiting for a price cut on just-announced hardware (itself $100 cheaper than its parent model, so I’m not sure how much lower someone might think it would realistically go) is setting yourself up for a potentially prolonged wait. A year or so at minimum, easily.

wolf jani likes this.
  19. clbgolden12

clbgolden12 Alolan trainer

New trailer/commercial:

Mostly just stuff we already know, though.

wolf jani likes this.
  20. Pokemon Fan

Pokemon Fan Knuckle Trainer

Well with Ferrothorn and Toxapex, two defensive mainstays are confirmed for the games, which is nice. I'll get to see my shiny Regenerator Toxapex in HD. ^_^

We also got to see Dynamax Charizard.

wolf jani and Julia Artemis like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.